• Published 12th Jul 2014
  • 3,888 Views, 82 Comments

The Trainer of Friendship - darkmage1997



A strong Pokemon trainer finds himself in a land full of magical talking ponies.

  • ...
14
 82
 3,888

Chapter 5: Sugarcube Corner, the Cakes, and Darkrai

The group steadily made their way from the boutique, where Rarity was making a new set of clothes for her new friend. While on the way, Will looked around the town and saw the happy inhabitants all waving happily towards the group of ponies. 'This place is so peaceful, maybe I will consider asking to have my ranch brought here,' Will thought to himself with a smile. Just as they turned the corner, Will looked up to see what he thought to be a life size gingerbread house. "I take it that's Sugarcube Corner?" Will asked, looking at the ponies.

"YEP! It's where me and my daughters and niece not only live at, but also where I work," Pinkie said with a smile.

"Oh, so its a house and a bakery?" Will asked surprised. It was only a round of nods that confirmed his assumption. "Wow, you don't see a lot of those nowadays," Will commented, gazing at the gingerbread bakery in awe.

"Well? Lets all not stand out here and collect dust! Lets go inside!" Pinkie said, already at the doorstep.

Will looked on in confusion. He was about to ask how she did that, when he was silenced by a cyan hoof in front of his mouth, "Dude, its Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie, just leave it at that," Rainbow Dash said in a deadpan tone. Will just shrugged, and followed the ponies into the bakery.

Once inside, Will was amazed at how much sweets there were. Looking over to where Pinkie Pie was, he saw Mrs. Cake, who was looking very tired, but had a smile on her face when she saw all the children, and the new human. "Mrs. Cake, this is Will, he's a Pokemon trainer from different human world than all our children,!" Pinkie said, suddenly appearing behind Will, who jumped at how she just appeared behind him like that. "Will, this mare is Mrs. Cup Cake, one of the owners of Sugarcube Corner, my bosses, and landlords," Pinkie said, introducing her boss and landlord mare.

"Well, its nice to meet you Mrs. Cake," Will said, extending his hand out to shake her hoof.

"The pleasures likewise " Mrs. Cake said with a yawn.

"Are you ok Mrs. Cake?" Twilight asked, concerned for the blue earth mare.

"*Yawn* Oh, yeah I'm ok dearie, its just Pound and Pumpkin have been having nightmares lately, and its been keeping me and Carrot up late at night," Mrs. Cake replied, looking at the lavender alicorn.

Just then, an idea came over Will, "Uh, Mrs. Cake, if you don't mind, I would like to try something with one of my Pokemon," Will asked, looking at the bakeries owner.

"*Yawn* As long as my sweet babies can sleep peacefully, and won't get hurt, I'm ok with it," Mrs. Cake said, looking at the trainer.

"Ok, then show me to your children's room, and my Pokemon can get to work," Will asked the earth mare, who nodded, and led him upstairs. After some walking, Mrs. Cake, Will, and the ponies all arrived into the nursery, where Mr. Cake was trying to comfort the whimpering foals in his forelegs.

"Honey, Pinkie Pie has brought a new friend who *yawn* might be able to help with Pound and Pumpkins sleeping," Mrs. Cake said, looking back at the trainer.

"Thank you for aiding us, and our children. They can't seem to sleep peacefully as of late," Mr.Cake said, looking at his son and daughter.

"It's no trouble at all," Will said with a smile.

"So what's your plan Will?" Silver Spoon asked, looking up at the new human.

"Well, my plan is to send in my Darkrai, which is a Pokemon who can cause nightmares, into Pound and Pumpkins dreams, and eliminate whatever's causing their troubled sleep," Will replied, looking down at the gray filly.

"Wait, so there are Pokemon that can affect sleep?" Vibrant asked, looking very much intrigued.

"Why yes, and other stuff, like allergies," Will explained with a look of remembrance at the thought of his first encounter with a Budew..

"Ok, but how do we know if this 'Darkrai' creature of whom you speak of, wont cause anymore nightmares?" Carrot asked, giving Will a questioning look.

"I specially trained my Darkrai to help soothe nightmares, in order to help my little sister," Will said, matter-of-factly. With a nod of understanding from the yellow stallion, Will pulled out a Master Ball, "Ok, Darkrai, I need you help," Will said, giving the Master Ball a light toss, and releasing a black phantom like creature, with some sort of a red growth for a collar, and a cloudy head and an eerie blue eye. This most certainly surprised the baker couple at the sudden appearance of the Pitch Black Pokemon.

"Will, what would you like me to do?" Darkrai said, in a spookily sinister voice.

"See those two foals?" Will said, pointing in the direction of the cake twins, "They've been having nightmares, according to their parents, and I want you to go into their dreams, and destroy whatever is causing their fright," Will instructed.

"Alright, I will be along shortly," Darkrai said, before focusing his attention on the babies, and with a small amount of power, he was gone.

"Where did he go?!" Toby asked frantically.

"Darkrai went into the twins dreams to fight off what ever is causing the nightmares," Will explained.

Darkrai's P.O.V

After receiving instructions from my trainer, Will, I was successful in accessing the dreams of the infants he showed me. Looking around, I wasn't able to see anything, just darkness. "Hello! Is anyone there?" I called, only to be met with silence. This got me suspicious. Just then, I heard the cries of a young infant. I decided that this need some investigating. I followed the cries, to find the same foals that Will showed me being chased by a large blob like monster, with razor sharp claws, and saw like teeth.

"I'm gonna gobble you two up for my dessert!" the monster said in a distorted tone. This made those babies cry and run even faster. Just then, I saw them tripping, with the monster looming over them, "Mm, yummy foals for treats!" the monster said, before reaching for them.

Without hesitation, I attacked, "Stop right there! DARK PULSE!" I yelled, before unleashing my strongest offensive attack at that monster. "You two, get behind me!" I instructed the infants, who were hesitant, but they complied.

"Hey, you can't do that!" the monster said, rubbing where I hit him.

"Yeah? Well, I wont allow you to cause fear or discomfort to these infants," I said, glaring at the blob. I then conjured up a door, and using my powers, I picked up the monster and dragged him over to the door, "I wont let you cause anymore fear for these two. You will remain in here for eternity listening to," I said before opening the door, "whiny protest songs from the 60s." I finished, showing him a man with a guitar and an afro.

He then started to strum his guitar, "Oh I hate the government, more than you and me, the government stole my goldfish, and unplugged my T.V." he sang with a depressed tone.

"NOOO! Anything but that!" he monster begged.

"Enjoy," I said cruelly, as I threw him in, closed the door, and locked it. Turning my attention back to the infants, I then looked them in the eye, "There is no need to be scared of me, I was sent by my master, who is friends with your parents' employee," I reassured them extending my arm out to show I meant no harm. They were hesitant like before, but they saw how kind I was to help eliminate their nightmare, and happily, walked up and gently whacked my hand with their hooves, like most babies do. "Good, now you can sleep soundly. I guess I will see you when I see you," I said before teleporting out of their dream.

Third person P.O.V., in the real world,

As the group waited for Darkrai's return, they noticed that the expressions on both Pound and Pumpkin softened into warm smiles. It was right then and there, where Darkrai reappeared. "Mission accomplished!" Darkrai said, looking at Will.

"Good work Darkrai," Will commended his dark type pokemon.

"Thank you Darkrai, were you able to see what caused their nightmares?" Mrs. Cake asked.

"Yes, it was just a monster, but I was able to banish it to a nightmare realm of its own, with the help of a protester from the 60s," Darkrai replied with and evilly mischievous tone.

Looking around the room, Will noticed that Serenity was hiding from Darkrai, behind Toby, "Uh, Toby, is something wrong with your sister?" Will asked, pointing behind the young boy.

Noticing that Serenity was hiding from Darkrai, Toby knelt down to make eye contact, "Serenity? Is something wrong?" Toby asked his spring green little sister.

"O-oh, Toby, its not that nothings wrong, I-its just that Pokemon looks like a g-g-ghost, and he looks scary," Serenity replied with a shaky tone.

"Well Serenity, a little fact about Darkrai is that he isn't a ghost Pokemon at all," Will said with a chuckle.

"H-he isn't?" Serenity asked surprised.

"Nope, the only ghost pokemon I have are my Gengar, Mismagiaus, Dusknoir, and Chandelure. Darkrai here, while he looks like a ghost type, he's actually a dark type," Will said mater-of-factly.

"Wow! I thought ghosts were just superstition," Trinity commented in surprise.

"Well, just remember, anything can be possible in the world of Pokemon," Will explained.

"Uh Will, weren't you gonna tell us who this Lance guy was when we were back at the boutique?" Cory asked the trainer.

"Oh right! I completely forgot! Yes, well, Lance is one of the Pokemon Elite Four, and a Pokemon G-Man, which is a detective agency that uncovers any foul play with Pokemon. Lance was a powerful dragon type trainer, and his primary partner was a Dragonite, an elusive Pokemon that is said to help any shipwrecked crewmembers back to shore, and despite its bulky appearance, it can fly around the world in just 16 hours," Will explained.

"Oh, there are d-dragons in the pokemon world too?!" Fluttershy asked, now feeling scared.

"Yep, but they're really hard to find, and train, but with enough training, they can not only be a force to be reckoned with, but they can be the most dependable Pokemon ever," Will said with a reassuring tone, which calmed Fluttershy down a bit. "Oh, I know, how about I show you one of my less scary dragon types?" Will offered.

"W-well, if you say its the least scariest dragon you have, then I guess I would love that," Fluttershy said reluctantly, but with a soft smile.

"Great! I've been meaning to get my Altaria out of the ranch for a while," Will replied, before turning his attention back to the Cakes, "Well Mr. and Mrs. Cake, it was nice to meet both of you, and more or less meet you twins," Will said, smiling down at the foals who just babbled happily in their sleep.

"It was nice meeting you too Will, and please come back anytime you want, if you want to stay here in Ponyville that is," Mrs. Cake said, returning the smile.

"And thanks for helping our foals and their sleep, to both you, and Darkrai," Mr. Cake said, giving his gratitude, and sigh of relief.

"It was no trouble at all," Darkrai said with the gesture of a smile.

"Well, I guess we'll be seeing you," Will said, giving a goodbye wave to the baker couple, as they went to put their foals in their crib.

Once outside, Will recalled Darkrai, and switched the Master Ball that housed the Pitch Black Pokemon, for a Great Ball. "Ok Fluttershy, a little pre-show description of Altaria is a blue bird, with white puffy cheeks, and wings that look like clouds, so I doubt there'll be a need for alarm," Will said, before enlarging the Great Ball. Fluttershy's expression brightened up a bit at the description of the dragon type pokemon, "Ok, Altaria, come out and meet our new friends!" Will said before tossing the Great Ball, and releasing a Pokemon that fit his description.

"Oh my goodness! How can such a cutie be a dragon?!" Fluttershy said, smiling at the blue and white Pokemon.

"To be honest, even Pokemon researchers haven't a clue, especially since its pre-evolved form is a Normal and Flying type, and can't use any dragon type moves," Will said with a shrug.

Serenity, Toby and Silver Spoon all walked over to feel the texture of Altaria's wings. "Whoa! The wings are so soft! Like your actually touching a cloud!" Toby commented, resting his head on Altaria's wing.

"Yeah, my species gets that compliment a lot," Altaria said, smiling down at the boy.

"I'm just impressed at how pure white your wings are," Diamond Tiara said, gazing at how much the wings looked like pure white clouds.

"Well, Altaria, along with their pre-evolved form Swablu, always like keeping their wings nice and tidy, usually using water from the stream to clean their wings if they get dirty," Will said, giving his knowledge of his blue Pokemon. "So, where should we go now?" Will asked the group.

"How about Sweet Apple Acres?" Mike suggested.

"I have no problem with that, do any of the rest of you?" Will asked, looking around the group of friends, who all shook their heads. "Alright, then would one of you lead the way?" Will asked the ponies.

With a giggle, Applejack spoke up, "Ok, lets go y'all," she said, leading the group away from the bakery and to her family's farm.

Author's Note:

And here is chapter 5 of my Pokemon Trainer in Equestria story. So now the ponies now know a little more about Pokemon, and know that Darkrai can give Luna a run for her money in soothing nightmares. In the next chapter, Will is taken to Sweet Apple Acres.

Pokemon Trivia: Ok trainers, between Camerupt, Glalie, and Golem, which of these pokemon has a disadvantage against Tropius?