• Published 12th Jul 2014
  • 3,888 Views, 82 Comments

The Trainer of Friendship - darkmage1997



A strong Pokemon trainer finds himself in a land full of magical talking ponies.

  • ...
14
 82
 3,888

Chapter 4: Wills story of retirement, Carousel Boutique and the Crusaders

"It all began in the Johto region, where my hometown of Mahogany Town resided," Will explained.

Just then, Lucky Joy raised her hoof. "What's the Johto region?" she asked sweetly.

"It's the region where apricorns can be found, and it's also home to some amazing sites to see, like the Burnt Tower in Ecruteak City, or the lighthouse of Olivine city. Its also where you can find some Pokemon that you can't normally find in other regions." Will explained, smiling down at the pink filly, who nodded in understanding. "Anyway, it was sometime after I finished my return to the Hoenn region that I decided to head back to my ranch where me and all my Pokemon lived peacefully," Will continued, when it was Clover who raised her hand next.

"Why did you return to this 'Hoenn' region?" she asked politely.

"Well, sometime after my journey through the Kalos region, I got a call from a buddy of mine. A stone collector named, Steven Stone, who was the son of the Devon corporations president, which is a huge electronics company that make a handy little gadget called, the Poke'nav, which is short for Pokemon navigator," Will explained.

"You humans must really be advanced with technology," Nyx commented with a blush.

"Oh we are. Anyway, I returned to Hoenn to meet up with Steven on Mossdeep island, which has a really fancy space laboratory. We met up at his house, where he informed me that he discovered Mega Stones, which was what allowed my Blaziken to Mega Evolve back in the Crystal Empire," Will continued.

"So that was how that tall Pokemon was able to change shape?" Rainbow Dash asked, quirking an eyebrow at the trainer.

"Yep. The Pokemon researcher of Kalos, Professor Sycamore said that mega evolution is able to draw out a Pokemons hidden potential," Will explained. The cyan Pegasus nodded in understanding. "Anyway, Steven gave me one of the mega stones for Metagross that he had and told me to use it on my Metagross," Will continued.

"Do these 'Mega Stones' have a certain name for the types of Pokemon they can used on?" Cory asked, looking at the trainer.

"Yes, in Metagross' case, it would be Metagrossite," Will replied, as Cory nodded in understanding. "Anyway, after I collected all the mega stones hidden in Hoenn, I decided to call it quits with the journeying and headed back to Mahogany Town. Now, as I was about to walk back to my ranch, I saw the most magnificent sight ever, the legendary Pokemon Ho-Oh," Will said with a smile, "As I gazed at the beautiful sight before me, I saw Ho Oh looking down at me, and, with the use of telepathy, it said to meet him at the top of the Bell Tower in Ecruteak City, where it said it would test me to see if I was worthy of becoming its master," Will continued, now with a frown. "But as soon as I met up with Ho Oh, he challenged me to battle, which I accepted. Me and the team I brought fought valiantly, but even though I had some type advantages, Ho Oh still knocked out all the water and rock Pokemon I brought with me, leaving me only with Metagross," Will continued, still frowning.

Just then, he saw Twilights hoof go up. "You say that this 'Ho Oh' is a legendary Pokemon. What makes it that good of a Pokemon?" she asked with a Quirked eyebrow.

"Well, what would say if I said that Ho Oh not only glows like a rainbow, but was able to bring back the dead back to life?" Will asked, which got gasps from everyone.

"I would be speechless! I thought that resurrection was only a myth," Twilight replied.

"Well, with Ho Oh, it can. Anyway, I decided that Metagross would need to Mega Evolve in order to be a match for a Pokemon with a type advantage. We weren't able to catch Ho Oh, on account of Metagross being tossed at a broken piece of wood, which caused the scar that you now see on Metagross' face," Will continued with a sad sigh.

"Did you take Metagross to a hospital, or some sort of clinic for Pokemon?" Fluttershy asked worriedly.

"I was able to make it to the Ecruteak Pokemon center, where Nurse Joy was able to heal Metagross and the others back to full health, but she said that the scar was now permanent, but it wouldn't affect Metagross' psychic powers. Despite this, I retired from battles, and wanted to only live peacefully on my ranch, so none of my Pokemon would be injured, ever again. Well, that's pretty much how I ended up a ranch man," Will said, concluding his story. He looked up to see all the ponies and human children with sad frowns on their faces, as Serenity came up and hugged his legs.

"Whoa, we're all sorry for something like that happening to one of your friends," Twilight said, on behalf of herself and her friends and family.

"Ah, don't worry about it, like they say, the past is the past," Will said, trying to reassure them.

"Uh, Will? If you don't mind, can you tell us about Mahogany Town?" Toby asked carefully.

"Sure, but can we go someplace with air conditioning? This heat is killing me," Will replied, fanning himself while looking around at the ponies.

"Why not Carousel Boutique? I can make you a new outfit, and you can tell us about your hometown," Rarity said with a squee.

Putting his hand up to his chin, Will thought about it, "I see no problem with that. Is it ok with all of you?" Will asked, looking around at the ponies and humans, who all nodded in agreement. "Then it's settled. Would you be so kind to lead the way Rarity?" Will asked the fashion designer.

"Very well, follow me and I will take you to my boutique," Rarity said, beginning to lead the group to their new destination.

Just as they began to walk, Will remembered something, "Uh, just a moment please?" Will said pulling out the Dusk Ball that Honchkrow lived in, and the Pokeball that housed Metagross. "Thanks for your help guys, now get some rest," the young trainer said, recalling his two Pokemon back into their respective Pokeball. "Ok, now I'm ready," Will said, motioning the ponies to move onwards.

After a bit of walking, the ponies all arrived at the boutique. "Well, here we are! Carousel Boutique. Now, we can go inside, and I can get your measurements and then I can get to work on your outfit," Rarity said, unlocking the door and leading them inside. Once inside, Will was amazed at how tidy the place was. "Now then, Will, if you would be so kind as to go and stand over by those mirrors, I can take your measurements," Rarity said, motioning towards the three mirrors. Will nodded, and walked over.

"Ok, while Rarity is taking my measurements, I guess I can tell you all about Mahogany Town. Now as you know, much to Fluttershy's discomfort, humans from my world join forces with Pokemon for battles, and we try to prove our strong bonds at a major competition called the Pokemon League. But in order to participate in such an event, trainers a required to collect a certain number of badges as proof that they conquered a certain Pokemon gym, which is lead by a Gym Leader, who specializes in a certain attribute. The gym in Mahogany Town is an Ice type gym," Will explained.

Kelly raised her hand, "Are there other gyms in Johto?" she asked, looking up at the trainer.

"Yep, the gym in Violet City is a flying type gym, and you can earn a Zypher Badge from Falkner, the next gym I went to was the Azalea Town gym, which specializes in Bug Type Pokemon and rewards a Hive Badge if one can defeat Bugsy. After that, I went to find the Goldenrod Gym, who leader Whitney was a Normal Type user, and gave the victors a Plain Badge if she was defeated. I then went north to find the Ghost type gym leader Morty, where I earned a Fog Badge. Before I could challenge Jasmine and her steel type Pokemon at the Olivine gym to earn my Mineral Badge, I first had to go to Cianwood City to get some Secret Potion from the pharmacy, where I also encountered Chuck and his fighting type pokemon and earned the Guts Badge. After taking on Jasmine, I returned to Mahogany Town to challenge Pryce and his Ice Pokemon, in hopes of earning my Glacier Badge, after dealing with Team Rocket operations at the Lake of Rage, where a red Gyarados was rampaging, because it was forced to evolve. And once all that was dealt with, I then headed east for Blackthorn City, to take on the Dragon type gym leader Clair, and earn my Rising Badge." Will replied, explaining the gyms of Johto to his new friends. He looked up to see a troubled face on Fluttershy.

"When you talked about a red Gyarados, what did you mean by 'forced to evolve'?" the yellow Pegasus asked with a troubled tone.

"Well, the evil organization known as Team Rocket always cause trouble in both Johto and Kanto for people and Pokemon alike, sometimes by stealing pre-trained Pokemon from their trainers. Anyway, they were able to figure out a way of forcing Pokemon to evolve against their will," Will explained with a disgusted tone.

"What meanies! Taking away other ponies friends is so cruel!" Pinkie said with a saddened tone, with her mane and tail flattening out.

"True, were you able to stop what ever caused the Pokemon to be forced to evolve?" Crystal asked with a mix curiosity and worry in her voice.

"Well, me and another buddy of mine named Lance were able to sneak into a secret Team Rocket base underneath a suspicious souvenir shop in Mahogany Town, and destroy the machinery that caused my Gyarados to forcibly evolve," Will reassured the young girl.

"Who was this 'Lance' fella' and what was he like?" Applejack asked, looking at the trainer.

Will was about to reply, but then, they all heard the door opening, and revealed Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, Diamond Tiara, and Silver Spoon. "RARITY! We're back!" squeaked Sweetie Belle, as she and the other fillies walked in.

"Why hello little sister, how was your day at the spa?" Rarity asked, looking at the unicorn filly.

"It was so relaxing! Aloe and Lotus were as gentle as you said they were!" Sweetie said with a blushing smile. She then noticed the newest human in the boutique. "Oh! Is this a new friend of yours?" the unicorn filly asked, looking at the trainer.

"You're right Sweetie Belle. This is Will, and he's from a different human world than all the others," Twilight replied with a smirk.

"How is your world different from my sweetie pies world?" Silver Spoon asked curiously.

"Sweetie pie? Oh, you must be the Silver Spoon filly that Toby told me about! Am I right?" Will asked the gray filly, who simply nodded. "Ok, well, the world I came from has many amazing creatures that are known as Pokemon," Will replied.

This made the fillies all look at the trainer curious, "Pokemon? You mean those creatures in Nathans video games?" asked Scootaloo.

"Well, yeah, but I have real life ones," Will said with a smug smirk.

"Its true, we saw all sorts of Pokemon of his while up at the Crystal Empire," Toby commented.

"Well, can we see one, if its ok with you Will?" Diamond Tiara asked, looking up at the trainer.

"Sure, just as soon as... uh, where's Rarity?" Will asked, not seeing the fashion designer anywhere.

"Oh, mum just went in to her work area to get to work on your newest outfit," Trinity replied, pointing her hoof in the direction of the work area.

"It will be awhile before its ready, so you can all go one with your tour! And please take care of Conner, Charity and Sweetie Belle for me," Rarity called from her work room.

"Wow! She's just like a ninja," Will commented, surprised at how he didn't notice the pearl white unicorn leaving the room.

"Yeah, Auntie Rarity loves making new clothes for any and everyone!" Clover said with a smile on her face.

"Well, let's go and I can show you all a water type Pokemon of mine," Will said, motioning them to the door. The ponies and humans all nodded, and made their way out the door. "Ok, I will bring out one of my smaller ones, as not to cause some unwanted attention," Will said, pulling out a Pokeball with a wave design on it. "Ok, Corsola, out here on the double," Will said, throwing the Dive Ball into the air, and releasing a small pink and white coral creature, with beady black eyes. "Ok girls, this is a water and rock type Pokemon called Corsola, a Pokemon I caught in the ocean," Will said, introducing the coral Pokemon, who looked at the ponies curiously.

"Hello, as Will said, I am Corsola, a Pokemon that can be found in the sea," the pink Pokemon said with a cheery tone.

"Aww, she's so cute!" Sweetie Belle said with a squeak.

"Yeah, my kind gets that a lot," Corsola deadpanned with a smile.

"And there are many more than this one, and if you all play your cards right, I think I may move here, and set up shop in an open area somewhere," Will said, recalling Corsola back into her Dive Ball. This made the ponies and human children all smile, with Pinkie grinning the widest.

"Then that would mean I would have to throw a 'Welcome to Ponyville and Equestria' party!" Pinkie said with a squee.

"Right, but if I'm going to set up shop here, I want to know the neighborhood a little bit more, so, can we continue our tour?" Will asked the ponies.

"Very well, but where should we all go next girls?" Twilight asked, looking at her friends and family.

"Why not Sugarcube Corner? It's close by," Nyx asked, looking up into her mothers eyes.

"I see no problem with that, do any of the rest of you?" Twilight asked, looking around to the others who all shook their heads. She then turned her attention back to Will, "Will, would you like to head to Sugarcube Corner?" she asked the trainer.

"I see nothing wrong with that, so, lead the way!" Will said, standing aside, allowing the ponies and humans to lead him to the sweets shop.

Author's Note:

And here's Chapter 4! Now we all know how Will retired, and he met the Crusaders. Next time is the adventure to Sugarcube Corner.