• Published 12th Jul 2014
  • 3,888 Views, 82 Comments

The Trainer of Friendship - darkmage1997



A strong Pokemon trainer finds himself in a land full of magical talking ponies.

  • ...
14
 82
 3,888

Chapter 14: Egg Adoption (Part 3)

Walking around the rough terrain habitat, Applejack was helping her children find their own Pokemon. As they walked, they saw what appeared to be a hippo Pokemon. It was tan with dark brown spots, "Hey, maybe this little guy can be mine," Mike said, as he knelt down to look at the Pokemon, as Applejack pulled out her Pokedex.

"Hippopotas, the Hippo Pokemon. This Pokemon hates water, so it lives only in the driest deserts. It shrouds itself in sand to ward of germs," the Pokedex said.

"Well, keeping Hippopotas healthy shouldn't be too hard," Mike commented.

"Wonder if there are any other...OWWW!" Bolt cried, as he felt something clamp on his head. It was a blue shark of some kind, but it had arms and legs. Once Mike and Season got the shark off, Applejack pointed the Pokedex at it.

"Gible, the Land Shark Pokemon. It nests in horizontal holes warmed by geothermal heat. Foes who get too close can expect to be pounced on and bitten," the Pokedex said.

"Does that mean we were near Gible's nest?" Bolt asked.

"Not necessarily," the family turned to see Cindy, "You see, when certain Pokemon, like Gible, bites you on your head, it means they really like you," Cindy explained.

"Well, that's one way of showing affection, I guess?" Mike commented.

"Well, there are many ways for Pokemon to show affection as there are Pokemon, so its not really surprising," Cindy replied, as she walked off.

"Huh, well, I guess if Gible likes me, then I'll get a Gible," Bolt commented, as they left the rough terrain habitat, and made their way to the forest.

"Now, Ah just need a Pokemon," Season said, as she looked around. She eventually came across two dog like Pokemon, romping around. One was reddish orange, with black stripes, while the other was black with what she thought was white armor, "Who are they?" Season asked.

"Growlithe, the Puppy Pokemon. This extremely loyal Pokemon does not move unless its trainer bids so, and bravely barks at those who threaten its trainer. Houndour, the Dark Pokemon. To corner prey, they check each other's location using barks only they understand," the Pokedex said.

"Well, maybe Winona wouldn't mind some playmates," Season commented, as the two Pokemon took notice of her and rushed over, and sniffed her, curious about the pony.


As they walked around, Nathan, Cadence, Shining, Guard, and Skyla were at awe at the various Pokemon there were, more so Nathan, at all the Pokemon he never saw before, "Wow, where did Will catch these Pokemon?" Nathan asked.

"You're telling us you've never seen most of these creatures before?" Shining Armor asked.

"That's right. This is the first time Ah've ever seen these type of Pokemon," Nathan replied, as a sword floated by, "Like that one. But if Ah were to guess, Ah'd say it was a steel and ghost type," he theorized.

"Right you are," the family turned to see Will, "Honedge, along with its evolved forms, are the only Pokemon to have a combination of Steel and Ghost attributes," he explained.

"Wow, amazing!" Nathan said in awe.

"You know Nathan, how would you like a Pokemon like Honedge that hails from the Kalos region?" Will offered.

"'Kalos'? What's that?" Nathan asked.

"Its a region that's rich with the history of Mega Evolution. Its also where the worlds first Mega Evolution took place," Will replied.

"What was that Pokemon, a Blaziken?" Cadence asked.

"No, it was Lucario," Will replied.

"Wow, so Lucario can Mega Evolve too?" Nathan asked.

"Yep, so what kind of Pokemon would you like?" Will asked.

"Hmm, that's a tough one, maybe a Fighting Type?" Nathan asked.

"Ok, well, how about a Hawlucha?" Will offered.

"Hawlucha?" Nathan asked.

"Yep, it has the only type combination of Fighting and Flying, and it has a signature move that simultaneously a Fighting and Flying type move. This move is called Flying Press," Will explained.

"Wow! Ah never would have guessed there'd be a Pokemon with that type combination," Nathan said.

"Well, if you want, I can go find one for you, just so you can see what kind of Pokemon it is," Will offered.

"Ok, Ah'd love that!" Nathan replied, as Will darted off.

"So, now we know a little bit more about Mega Evolution history," Cadence said.

"As well as the first Pokemon to use it," Shining Armor said. Just then, Will came back with a bird Pokemon, with a red beak head, and white legs.

"So, this Hawlucha?" Nathan asked, looking at the new Pokemon.

"Yep, and Hawlucha is classified as the Wrestling Pokemon," Will replied.

"I'd say its a perfect match for you," Cadence said, as Hawlucha looked at the bat winged boy. Nathan also looked back at Hawlucha.

"Ah would love to have a fighting type Pokemon," Nathan replied, as Hawlucha walked over to the boy, and stood by him, "Oh yeah, before Ah forget, what can you tell us about that Honedge from earlier?" he asked.

"Well, its said that it latches the blue ribbon at the end of its hilt to any who dare try to grab it, and drains them of their life force," Will replied, which made the family shudder, "Its final evolved form, Aegislash is also the only known Pokemon to use a defensive move call Kings Shield. This move powers down the attack power of a Pokemon that uses a physical attack, like Fire Punch or Blaze Kick," he added.

"Ah didn't know there was such a move like that," Nathan commented.

"There's also another move that's a signature move for the final evolved form of Chespin. This Pokemon is called Chesnaught, and the move is called Spikey Shield, which damages an opponent if a physical move is used," Will added.

"I wish to see a Chespin, if it's alright with you?" Cadence asked.

"Alright, just come this way," Will said, leading the family to an area with grass type Pokemon. Once there, Will picked up a small green and brown Pokemon with spikes on its head, "This is a Chespin, the grass type Starter Pokemon for trainers in the Kalos region," Will said, as he gave Cadence the Pokemon.

"Its so cute!" Cadence said, cuddling the Pokemon.

"So, its one of the starters for Kalos?" Nathan asked.

"Yep, the other two are the water type Froakie, and the fire type Fenniken," Will replied, which Nathan nodded in understanding, "So, what about you Shining, have you found one yet?" Will asked.

"Not yet," Shining replied, before they all heard some sort of bashing sound.

"Sounds like the Shieldon are sparring," Will commented.

"'Shieldon'?" Shining asked.

"They're a Steel and Rock type Pokemon whose greatest feature is their iron hard faces, which are as strong as a shield," Will replied.

"Sounds like the perfect match for you," Cadence commented.

"Most likely they're off in the clearing over there," Will said, pointing towards the forest, and leading the group towards where the Shieldon were. Once there, they saw several yellow creatures with gray faces, bashing their faces either against each other or on some dead stumps.

"Hmm, they look like something I'd like," Shining Armor commented, as one of the Shieldon spotted the group, and carefully walked over to them, and looked at the two ponies curiously, just as Skyla and Guard went over to look at the Shield Pokemon.

"Well, it looks like Skyla and Guard like them," Cadence said.

"Well, Shieldon are very kindhearted Pokemon," Will explained.

"Then, I would like one," Shining Armor said, as Will nodded in understanding.


After about an hour of looking around, all of families had come back to the front of the nursery area, all with a Pokemon of their own. Celestia and Luna had found two rock Pokemon, each corresponding with the sun and the moon. Chris had found a small, one-eyed Pokemon with magnets and bolts. Drake had found a small green Pokemon with tusks, while Timmy had found a Pokemon, similar to Chris', except it was composed of two rotating gears. Diamond Tiara had found a poodle like Pokemon. Dinky found a Pokemon that resembled cotton candy, "Ok, looks like everyone's gotten themselves their own Pokemon," Cindy commented.

"So now, we can go fetch eggs for each of them," Will replied, as everyone exited the nursery. However, as they exited, they were met with Discord and his family, along with three young boys. One had an aggressive expression, with purple hair. The second boy had red hair with blackish purple sweater. The third boy had an orange jacket, with pale tan hair and beige eyes. They didn't notice the pony folks.

"I take it you're Will?" the purple haired boy asked.

"Uh, yeah, I am," Will replied, uneasily.

"My name's Paul. I come from Veilstone City," the boy said.

"My name is Silver," the red haired boy said.

"And I'm Trip, from Numeva Town," the tan haired boy said.

"And we challenge you to a battle," Paul stated.