• Published 7th May 2014
  • 1,687 Views, 15 Comments

When they were young: Chrysalis's First Feeding - Holocron



It's time for little Chrysalis to grow up and bag her first love meal.

  • ...
2
 15
 1,687

What is Love?

"But Mmmuuuummmyyyy!!!" Little Chrysalis protested in a loud whine. "I don't wanna!"

Little Chrysalis was standing in the Changeling throne room with her parents Alteratia and Metamorphosis watching her whine. Besides, yet a few good steps away was Chrysalis's friend/play pal/bodyguard Obsidian who watched the young changling complain.

"No buts youngling." Alteratia said sternly.

"Oh come on dear." Metamorphosis tried to sway his wife to reconsider. "Little Chrysalis is still too young."

"She is of the perfect age." Alteratia replied, staring down her husband with her piercing silver eyes. She then proceeded to grab Metamorphosis by his dark green goatee. "In fact, if we did it my way, she would have done it years ago." She tugged the facial hair harder, yanking the king lower as she towered over him. "But you had to fall for her puppy eyes every time. We will do this my way!"

"Y-yes dear." Metamorphosis reluctantly agreed to his wife's demand.

"There you have it Chrysalis." Alteratia said, letting go of her husband's goatee. "You're a grown changeling now and you need to learn feed on a pony's love."

"But I don't wanna!" Chrysalis continued her whiny protest.

"Silence!" The Queen demanded. "Because your father kept you on the love bottle longer than I wanted, you are growing spoiled. So you are to go out and find a pony and feed on their love!"

"But Mum." Chrysalis tried to protest once more but the cold stare of her mother shut her up. "Yes Mummy." Chrysalis held her head down in sorrow and walked out of the throne room.

"I think you could have handled it better." Metamorphosis suggested.

"Possibly." Alteratia was rubbing her hooves on her aching temples. "But she wouldn't have listened if I tried you usual tone with her."

"Maybe you should lay down." Metamorphosis suggested to his wife.

"I guess you're right." His queen replied, taking her leave of the court.

"You majesty?" Obsidian asked, walking before them. "I'm assuming what you called me here for, but I'll still ask."

"Ah yes Obsidian." Metamorphosis greeted his old friend. "I have a favor."

"I see where this is going." Obsidian replied with a sigh.

"I need you to follow Chryssie and keep her out of trouble." Metamorphosis asked.

"I understand you want her not to get hurt." Obsidian replied. "But doesn't this defeat Alteratia's purpose?"

"Just stay out of sight." The king said. "Alteratia is right, Chrysalis is a growing changeling and needs to learn how to feed."

He then started reminiscing about when Chrysalis was still a hatching and was bottle feed love and the cute, little burps little Chryssie would make when she was full was so adorable. Even Alteratia would give a "d'aaaw" at the site of it.

"Uh sire?" Obsidian asked, knocking Metamorphosis out of his trip down memory lane.

"Oh..sorry." Metamorphosis apologized, a little embarrassed caught doing that. "But do you understand what I'm asking?"

"Unfortunately I do your highness." Obsidian bowed and took his leave after Chrysalis.

Despite her size, Chrysalis was fast. Obsidian flew all the way to the outskirts of a nearby pony villages before he noticed Chrysalis was busy at work with something.

"Mummy wants me to grow up." Chrysalis mumbled to herself with a paint brush in her mouth. "Well I'll show her. I'll bring back so much love that she won't know what to do with them."

Chrysalis took a step back to see what she built. A small wooden booth with the words PLEASE GIVE LOVE sloppily painted on the front.

"Now....where do I get love?" Chrysalis asked herself.

Obsidian, over hearing that could only respond in the most obvious manner, a facehoof.

"Metamorphosis." Obsidian said to himself with a sigh. "Don't tell me you forgot to teach Chrysalis where love came from?" Obsidian looked at the confused, yet adorable Chrysalis sitting behind her booth. "It would appear not." Obsidian was going to help out but remembered Metamorphosis's instructions, so he remained where he was.....hiding in a tree.

"So what do I do now?" Chrysalis asked herself.

Slowly the day was going by and Chrysalis was not only getting nopony's love, but nopony even went to her booth. Sure, she got a few ponies walking by but none even talked to her. They only looked at her and walked away.

"Why is nopony giving me their love?" Chrysalis asked herself.

"You want love?" A strange voice in front of her asked.

Chrysalis looked up and saw a large unicorn stallion was standing front of her. He looked friendly enough.

"Yes mister." Chrysalis said, looking a little more excited. "Do you know where I can find love?"

"Well I can help you get some love." The unicorn offered.

Chrysalis was about to take the strange pony up on his offer, but then realized what her mother would do if she found out Chrysalis couldn't even get love on her own. Maybe she would be grounded, or worse, no heart cookies for a week.

"It's okay mister." Chrysalis smiled. "I can get some on my one like a big changeling. But what is love?"

"Well...how to explain this?" The pony told himself. "Love is the feeling two ponies or others feel when they feel close to another. Do you understand?"

"Does t also make loud noises from parents' chambers?" Chrysalis innocently asked, never knowing what those noises were.

"I...um...possibly but love is more innocent than that." The pony answered. "This town does have a few couples, you'll find love." The pony the took his leave.

By the beginning of the afternoon, Chrysalis was growing tired. Usually this would be her nap time. So she saw no harm in nodding off. Her adorable nap only lasted a few hours when she started to stir.

"I slept great." Chrysalis yawned in a cute manner. "But I didn't get love. How am I gonna face mu-"

Chrysalis noticed a small vial full of some bright pink glowing substance. Tied to it was a small letter.

"What's this?" Chrysalis opened the letter:

It isn't much but I hope this can help you

"Thank you mysterious pony!" Chrysalis thanked, thinking that mysterious unicorn helped her. "Now I can show mummy I'm a big girl!" Chrysalis then galloped off as fast as she could. "I just hope she thinks I did it."

When Chrysalis was out of sight, the mystery unicorn walked out from behind a nearby tree.

"That was close." The unicorn said, glowing green and transforming back to Obsidian. "I certainly hope little Chrysalis doesn't think love always comes from a bedroom." He then let out a rare smile. "Little Chrysalis is growing up after all. She'll figure it out eventually."

Comments ( 13 )

That was simply adorable! :pinkiehappy:

that pic, it's SO ADORABLE!

4353470
Wanted to take a small break from my clop and action and try my hand at adorable
Thank you :pinkiehappy:

I'm guessing obsidian passed away some time before the invasion

Shame, maybe they wouldn't have lost...or maybe they wouldn't have invaded at all.

I always say that Fluttershy, Luna, and Derpy are best pony. In that order. No exceptions.(because they are all cuter than a basket full of kittens). But now I have to edit that list.
Fluttershy, Luna, Derpy, and filly Chrysalis are best pony. In that order. No exceptions.

Hmmm I would like to see a story where she goes out trying to find love. Like... hunting for it and trying to find out where it came from.. Cuteness insues....

But this was still pretty good....

Short, sweet, adorable enough to give heart attacks, and a very amazing example of "Keep it simple, stupid" type of fics? I'm all for it!!:pinkiehappy:

"Does it also make loud noises from parents' chambers?" Chrysalis innocently asked

I died laughing from this:rainbowlaugh:

Aww Metamorphosis really has a soft spot for wittle Chwyssy and yes baby Chrysalis is super adorable Chrysalis:rainbowkiss:

So very cute :rainbowkiss: Also

imsorryihadto :pinkiehappy:

4415159
Just imagine the entire changeling hive breaking out into this song. :rainbowlaugh:

Hugs for you

Ah...
It's cute...
but...
spelling and grammar errors...
interrupting the cute...
I'll help you, story!

"But she wouldn't have listened if I tried you usual tone with her."

*your

"I can get some on my one like a big changeling.

*own

"Does t also make loud noises from parents' chambers?"

*it

How am I gonna face mu-

I assume she's about to say "Mum" or "Mummy", so that m needs to be capitalized.

D'awww. Wittle baby Chrysalis is learning how to survive and grow up to invade entire world capitals :twilightsmile:
I wish Chrysalis would've been a bit more... childish, I guess. I wish she had more personality. Most of this story was her being a stereotypical spoiled child, then a stereotypical innocent child, then just straight out unrealistic.

"I slept great." Chrysalis yawned in a cute manner. "But I didn't get love. How am I gonna face mu-"

That...doesn't happen. At all. No one wakes up and starts stating facts. She's pretty much making sure the reader knows the plot at this point. "This is bad. This is a conflict. My mom will be upset. While my nap was good, it was temporary and did not do me much good."
...Okay, it wasn't that bad, but honestly, can you see where this kinda...puts the reader off?
Yeah, you get it.

I'm sorry, that was mostly my inner editor talking. I'm used to people coming to me for help with their work and then taking whatever I have to say and treating it like gospel. ...it's probably bad for my ego. I apologize if I've offended you/your fic/your style/whatever. Take my advice or don't, I don't really care. I would recommend fixing general spelling and grammar errors, though.

Good day and good health!

6268641
Thank you, I generally don't ask editors for help. I tend to have the content speak for my story before Grammar and Spelling does. This story was written almost a year ago so I do hope I have improved since then. But I am glad you enjoyed my work. :twilightsmile:

*clutches chest* Ohh good, the d'awwww. *collapses*

Cya
Raziel-chan

Login or register to comment