• Published 4th May 2014
  • 1,302 Views, 8 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode IV: Shadows of Equestria - sonicdash123



After the second Death Star was destroyed, peace finally came to Equestria. A new foe now rises from the shadows and Charming Thunder and Twilight must work together to save the balance of Equestria.

  • ...
19
 8
 1,302

Chapter 8: Springing the Trap

Applejack, Charming Thunder, and the squad are on the rooftops as they wait for the enemy to come. Applejack took a peak through the binoculars as she hid to see what they are up against. She saw five war droids, five cloaked ponies wearing a mask, and a gray unicorn in front of the army. The unicorn wore an armor with shoulder pads an a cape over his armor. He had yellow reptile looking eyes as he looked forward. The rest of the forces she saw were just infantry. She then got back to cover and reported, "They're getting close."

"We must hold here until the princesses arrive," Charming Thunder said to the soldiers. "We will fight. To victory." He then raised his blaster as he yelled, "FOR THE EMPIRE!!!" He then fired his blaster at one of the soldiers and used the grenade launcher on his rifle to destroy the war droids. The soldiers then jumped off of the roof and began to fire at the enemy forces. The gray unicorn activated his crimson blade and used his magic to levitate a soldier up and pull him straight to his blade. He then looked at Charming Thunder as he walked to him. Charming Thunder noticed him coming and launched three grenades at him. The unicorn deflected two but one managed to blow up and scaring the gray unicorns muzzle. Charming Thunder then dropped his weapon and charged at him. The unicorn then assaulted him with lightning. Charming Thunder barely resisted it until the lightning pushed him across the battlefield.

A few seconds later, Charming Thunder opened his eyes to see his army being crushed by masked figures with their lightsabers. He turned to see the gray unicorn finishing off a soldier. He then turned to Charming Thunder and smiled at him. A masked pony then walked in front of him and activated his lightsaber. When the pony was about to kill him, a blast of magic came out of nowhere and killed the masked pony. The soldiers that were holding Charming thunder also got blasted to the chest and released him. The unicorn then turned to see Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and Twilight landing in front of Charming Thunder.They both then grabbed their lightsabers and activated them. Charming Thunder got up as a soldier gave him a rifle an the four alicorns began to fight the remaining masked ponies and the gray unicorn himself. Charming Thunder fired at the enemy troops as the duel began. Celestia, Luna, and Cadence already struck down their opponent as Twilight faced the unicorn. The unicorn then pushed Twilight to the wall and Charming Thunder noticed her about to be defeated. He then rushed to the unicorn as he yelled to get his attention and tackled him to the ground. He punched him in the face and did a head-butt on him. He then placed a detonator on him and got out of the way. The explosion impacted him as he ran away and knocked him out to the ground. Celestia, Luna, and Cadence then landed in front of the scarred unicorn and blasted him to the wall. As the unicorn struggled from the blast, the final blast from Celestia destroyed the building the unicorn was blasted on and the rubble landed on him.

A few minutes later since the battle ended, Charming Thunder came out of unconsciousness and looked up to see the damage the battle did to the Crystal Empire. He then saw Twilight run up to him and gave him a tight hug. "What happened?" Charming Thunder asked.

"The battle has ended," Twilight said. "We won."

"We...won?"

"Yes, honey."

"What happened wit that unicorn?"

"He was dragged out of the rubble by his troops and retreated far away from this kingdom," Luna said as she walked up to him. "At least the general is dead."

"Yes. And now we have a new enemy. I don't know who they are, but they will pay for what they did to the Crystal Empire."

"I'm sure that the crystal ponies would be very grateful for your service here," Applejack said. "First Spike and now you."

---------------------

At Canterlot, a parade was going on outside of the castle as Charming Thunder and his wife watched with the princesses and his mother. "We have gathered here to honor a unicorn who saved Equestria once again from an unknown enemy that attacked the Crystal Empire," Celestia announced to the audience. Luna then levitated a medal with a symbol of the Equestrian Empire and placed it around his neck.

"We present you this medal of honor," Luna said. "Keep it as a symbol of a new hope for Equestria. Wherever the enemy strikes we will be ready."

"Thank you, Aunt Luna and Aunt Celestia," Charming Thunder said as he walked up to them and gave them a hug. Twilight and her friends watched as the audience cheered. He then walked up to Twilight and kissed her on the cheek.

---------------------

The battle damaged unicorn now wore a cybernetic respirator as he laid in the bed. "Our forces have made it past the enemy fleet and are arriving shortly," the officer said.

"Good," the unicorn said. "Inform the troops that we will strike when the time is right."

"As you wish, Lord Malgus." The officer then bowed and left the room as Malgus now plans to have his revenge.

---------------------

Charming Thunder sat on a couch with Twilight cuddling together. "Charming," Twilight said.

"Yes?" Charming Thunder replied.

"What did you do with those artifacts you found at the temple?"

"Oh, I just put it in the room where my father's stuff is stored. The holocron is safe where it belongs." The holocron in the room was displayed in a glass case on a pillow next to the crystal knight bracelet. It then started to glow like a firefly as it sat in the case.

Comments ( 1 )

4338112
Is four through six like the prequel trilogy? If it is switch those stories in chronological order.

Login or register to comment