• Published 4th May 2014
  • 1,301 Views, 8 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode IV: Shadows of Equestria - sonicdash123



After the second Death Star was destroyed, peace finally came to Equestria. A new foe now rises from the shadows and Charming Thunder and Twilight must work together to save the balance of Equestria.

  • ...
19
 8
 1,301

Chapter 3: Mystery of the Crystal Knights Begins

A 2.16 foot tall cyborg walked through the hallway of a battleship and entered the bridge. The cyborg wore a cape as he moved with his chicken-like feet. He also had cybernetic hands with six fingers on it. He also had a skeletal looking face of a non-pony skull with golden reptilian eyes. On his waist, he has a collection of lightsabers he made for himself. He coughed as he looked out of the window to view the town the ship is flying over. "Whats taking so long?" he growled and coughed. "We should be at Canterlot blowing the capital of Equestra to bits. I do not want to waste time just looking at a dumb city." The ponies who were at the controls started to get scared because of how intimidating he is. "I, Calamitous, cyborg general of the army, don't like waiting."

"Its going as fast as it could," the admiral said as he walked up to the tall cyborg. Calamitous then grabbed the admiral's throat and threw him across the room.

"I DON'T CARE!! I want to find this...Charming Thunder and make him suffer. I want to fulfill what Chrysalis could've done three months ago." He then growled at the grounded admiral as the troops cowered in fear. He then turned back to the window of the command bridge.

---------------------

Charming Thunder placed his father's crystal blade in a glass case for display. The room was full of stuff that he brought home from the Crystal Empire. One mannequin displayed the armor of a guardian of the crystal knight. A brown robe barely covered the suit of armor. A knock was heard on the door and Rainbow along with Applejack entered the room. "Howdy," Applejack said.

"My friends," Charming Thunder greeted. "Its been far too long since the wedding." He then gave a hug to the duos as he asked, "How are things back at Ponyville?"

"Its going well," Rainbow said. "I just became a member of the Wonderbolt squadron and Spitfire is the leader of the squadron."

"Me and the apple family are doin' fine as well." Rainbow Dash then flew up to the portrait of Sombra wearing the Crystal Night armor with his crystal blade out. "Is this your father?"

"Eeyup."

"Wow. He looks awesome aside from being evil and all. Speaking of family, have you seen Twilight?"

"She's not here. She left to a meeting with the princesses about our discovery of the Crystal Nights."

"Crystal Knight? I only heard that they are a myth."

"Well, this bracelet here is the proof."

"The legend says that when you wear it, it transforms to a blade just like the one your father has," she said as she pointed to the portrait.

"I know. I witnessed it myself."

"Well we got to get going. It was nice seeing you again."

"Tell Twilight we said hi."

"I will," Charming Thunder said as Rainbow and Applejack left the room. He then looked back at the portrait and said to himself, "There are things you are not telling me, Aunt Celestia."

"Honey, I'm home," Twilight's voice said coming from downstairs. He then exited the room and walked downstairs to see her.

"Applejack and Rainbow were just here," Charming Thunder said as he walked downstairs. "They wanted me to tell you that they said hi."

"Oh, my best friends were just her. If only I were here sooner."

"Did you find anything important from my aunts?"

"As a matter of fact I did. Luna said something about an ancient temple. It is at the Crystal Empire so we probably should ask Cadence about it. And Celestia accepted the offer about finding your mother in Manehattan. She has already dispatched some troops and scanning droids to the town."

"Excellent. Once we find her, we will go to the temple."

---------------------

The prowler scanning droid scanned roamed around the town of Manehattan to search for the target. The troops showed civilians a photo that was similar to the photograph that Charming Thunder had but only had the alicorns face on it. The pony nodded her head in disagreement and the troops moved on to the next group and asked the same question. A mare wearing a cloak over her head walked through the town. One of the droids noticed her and floated up to her face. "Scanning for target," the droid said. A ding was then heard and then said, "Target confirmed. Please wait for Equestrian troops to give you a message."

The mare removed her cloak and said to the droid, "I'm sure whoever you are looking for, I'm not the pony you're looking for."

Two armored soldiers walked up to her and one of them while they looked at the photo and back at her said, "This picture fits the details. May I ask for your name before we play our message from Celestia?"

"My name is Amidala." The trooper then took out his holo communicator and played the message.

"Princess Amidala, it has been so long ever since Sombra's defeat," Celestia said.

"Celestia, it has been a long time," Amidala said to herself.

"I wish to invite you to Canterlot castle to introduce you to somepony you may remember. My soldiers will help you take you to the castle." The message playback ended and the soldier holding the communicator puts it away.

"My...son. I hope that he's alright." She then followed the troops to the transport shuttle as she was about to go to Canterlot with them.