• Published 4th May 2014
  • 1,302 Views, 8 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode IV: Shadows of Equestria - sonicdash123



After the second Death Star was destroyed, peace finally came to Equestria. A new foe now rises from the shadows and Charming Thunder and Twilight must work together to save the balance of Equestria.

  • ...
19
 8
 1,302

Chapter 6: The Holocron of Regal Crescent

Star Swirl, Cadence, and Amidala were exploring the second floor and entered a room which had a beautiful view of the kingdom. "This room use to be a place where we practice their skills with a weapon," Star Swirl said. Cadence then opened a door to reveal some fighting dummies that is now covered with cob webs and dust. They all then noticed Charming Thunder and Twilight heading their way. They exited the room to find out what they saw at the library.

"What did you find?" Cadence asked.

"We just found a couple of books," Charming Thunder said. "And this cube looking thing along with this mask." He then took out the cube and the mask out of his saddlebag and showed it to them.

"Oh my," Amidala said. "Thats a Crystal Knight data holocron. Its an an organic crystal-lattice device which stored phenomenal quantities of data. It contains data from knights from a thousand years ago."

"How do you access it, mother?"

"It requires a lot of concentration and focus. Once opened, you will be guided by the one who made this holocron."

"Why don't you give it a shot," Twilight said.

"Okay." Charming Thunder than sat down and his horn glowed as the holocron glowed blue. He then opened his eyes and noticed a small unicorn figure wearing a robe and the same mask he found with his horn popping out.

"I am Regal Crescent, member of the Crystal Knight order." he said. "I was the greatest war hero Equestria ever knew. I once possessed dark magic before Sombra did. Once I was corrupted by dark magic, I was redeemed by Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. In the end, I thought I was lost to darkness. When Sombra joined the order, he became obsessed with learning about dark magic, but the council forbid him. When Discord betrayed the princesses, he gave him dark power he could ever imagine. It then made him become king of the Crystal Empire and he marched to the temple and wiped out all of the Crystal Knights. And in the end, the temple was now and forever destroyed. If Discord ever returned to the good side, he could never be trusted and he would soon destroy us all. The council knew hat one day somepony will rise up and put an end to the dark king." The figure then faded away and the holocron stopped glowing.

"I guess that explains why the temple is like this," Cadence said.

"Come on," Charming Thunder said. "Lets check out the top floor. That is where Applejack and Rainbow Dash are right now." The group then nodded in agreement and entered the elevator.

---------------------

General Calamitous was seated in his chair on the Interdictor-class cruiser as he plans an evil pot to overthrow the Equestrian Empire. An admiral entered the room to speak to him. "We have received reports that Charming Thunder is at the Crystal Empire," he said. "He and his friends are exploring some sort of temple."

The general stood up from his seat as he said, "Plot a course for that temple. I have plans for our unicorn friend."

"Yes, sir." The admiral then left as Calamitous looked out of his window.

---------------------

The elevator the group was standing in beeped as the doors open to reveal the council chamber. Rainbow Dash and Applejack were sitting on one of the chairs that are in the room until they noticed them. "Hey, guys," Rainbow said. "Care to try out these chairs?"

"These chairs belonged to the council of the masters," Star Swirl said as the group took a seat. Cadence looked out of the window and saw her kingdom in a gorgeous view.

"So this room belonged to the council of the masters, huh?" Charming Thunder said. "Tell me more about this Regal Crescent."

"He was a great war hero. He was the one who ended the Griffon war and brought peace to the griffons and ponies. But on that fateful day, he returned somehow corrupted. He was then redeemed with the help of the princesses.That mask he found once belonged to a griffon leader he killed."

"So this mask is a symbol of his legend?" He then looked at the mask that he found in the library. "He said that he knew my father. Is that true."

"Yes. As a matter of fact, Regal was a good friend to him. Your father learned much from him. From magic to sword fighting. I was amazed myself that my student learned well from a famous war hero."

"Tell me about the masters."

"They are the members of the council. I am one them for unicorns along with the pegasus Firefly, the earth pony Strong Shield, the minotaur Iron Steal, the griffin Hilda, the horse Jibril, the diamond dog Rex, and the drake Draco. This temple was founded by me, Apple Seed, and Lightning Dash in order to maintain peace between the three pony tribes when Celestia and Luna first came to power. The first of the Knights where trained by Princess Celestia and Luna. They would then pass down what they learned onto the next generation."

"Lightning Dash? Thats one of my ancestors," Rainbow said. "I didn't know that he was a Crystal Knight."

"You are correct. Firefly was the one who found the Wonderbolts and Strong Shield was one of the first leaders of the royal guard. Since Sombra took over the Crystal Empire, the remaining Crystal Knights went out into hiding. They were then fully disbanded when the first Lunar Republic was founded by Nightmare Moon."

"Was there a zebra in the order?" Cadence asked.

"Yes there was. She was a member of the council as well. But I can't remember her name."

"Um. I hate to interrupt but we got company," Applejack said as she pointed to the window. The group then saw a cruiser flying this way. In the distance, an assault shuttle was heading their way.

"I think we should start running," Amidala said.

"I'll stay," Charming Thunder said.

"No you are not. You are coming with us."

"Calamitous is only here for me. Go to the shuttle and meet me back at Ponyville. I'll handle that reptile eyed cyborg." Twilight walked up to him and pressed her lips to his.

"For luck," Twilight said. The group then ran off to the elevator and went down to the main floor to escape. Once the others escaped, Charming Thunder waited for Calamitous to come face him alone. When the shuttle touched down to the ground, the ramp on the side opened and the door opened to reveal Calamitous. He walked down the ramp and entered the temple to start his search for Charming Thunder. "I know you are here, Charming Thunder," Calamitous said as he walked through the hall. The shuttle that Raibow Dash and the group were in left the docking bay and flew to the direction to Canterlot so that they can alert Celestia about what they discovered.