• Published 4th May 2014
  • 1,301 Views, 8 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode IV: Shadows of Equestria - sonicdash123



After the second Death Star was destroyed, peace finally came to Equestria. A new foe now rises from the shadows and Charming Thunder and Twilight must work together to save the balance of Equestria.

  • ...
19
 8
 1,301

Chapter 1: Dreams

Charming Thunder's TIE Advanced arrived at the Crystal Empire and landed at a platform where Princess Cadence met up with him. As he exited the ship, he ran up to his sister and gave her a hug. "Its good to see you again, Cadence," Charming Thunder said.

"The pleasure's all mine," Cadence replied. "How's Twilight?"

"She's fine. We just settled at a house in Canterlot."

"Thats great news. I'll come visit some time."

"I just got your message that you found something relating to my father, correct?"

"Yes. Follow me." Charming Thunder followed Cadence through the hall and through a door to an ancient catacombs in the castle of the Crystal Empire. The room was full of boxes including a picture of a photograph of Sombra wearing a hat with bells on it, standing next to a young bearded unicorn at what looked like the Crystal Fair.

"Hm? Whats this?" Charming Thunder asked himself as he picked up the photo.

“What is it?” His sister asked walking over to him.

“It’s a photo of Sombra at the Crystal Fair standing next to somepony.” He said showing her the photo.

“No way, that’s Star Swirl the bearded!” The pink alicorn said a little surprised.

“Wait my Father was friends with Star Swirl?!” Charming Thunder said astounded.

“Looks like it.” Charming Thunder then placed the photo back where he found it and walked up to one of the boxes.

“So this is all my father’s old stuff?" he asked as he opened one of the boxes up to see what is in it.

“What’s left of it anyway.” Cadence said looking around. “All records of your father before he took over the Crystal Empire has been lost so if you want to find out anything about him during that time this would be the place to start.” Charming Thunder noticed another picture in the box. He picked it up and took a look at it. It was a picture of King Sombra with a cyan colored alicorn holding a wrapped up red filly.

"This must be...a picture of him and what seems to be my mother." He then showed it to Cadence. "She was in one of my dreams I keep having. Do you know who she is?"

"No. But I think that Celestia might." He then puts the picture back in the box ind closed it.

"Can you let some of your guards deliver these boxes to my home at Canterlot? I would appreciate it."

"Of course. I'll tell the guards immediately as you leave."

"Thanks. Your the best sister that I ever had." He then hugged Cadence and grabbed the photo of Sombra with Star Swirl and walked back to his ship.

---------------------

As the massive fleet of Star Destroyers fly over Canterlot, Charming Thunder landed his fighter in a docking bay that was close to his home and exited to his house. When he entered the house, he saw his wife reading a book until she noticed him come in. "Hey, dear," Twilight said as she walked up to him and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "How was your visit at the Crystal Empire?"

"It was great," Charming Thunder said nudging her. "I have something special to show you." He then opened his saddlebag and levitated the photograph.

"What is it?"

"Its a picture of my father with a legendary unicorn; Star Swirl the Bearded." Twilight was surprised when she saw the picture.

"WOW! I didn't know your father was friends with him. Now I know what he really looks like."

Charming Thunder then placed the picture next to his wedding photo as he said, "There is more to it. Cadence's royal guards are bringing over boxes of stuff that was from my father's past life. They should be here any moment." A knock was heard at the door. "That must be them now." He then opened the door and the crystal pony guard was present.

"Where would you like us to put the boxes?" the guard asked as the others unloaded the boxes.

"You can put them in my room." The guards then carried the boxes upstairs to his room. "Would you like to help me unbox these, Twilight?"

"Of course."

---------------------

Twilight was with Charming Thunder helping him unpacking the boxes. Charming Thunder took out the picture of his family and took a long look at it. "What is it, Charming Thunder?" Twilight asked.

"Nothing," he replied. "Its just...I wonder if my mother is still around. I never met her before now I know what she looks like." He then showed the photo he was holding to Twilight. "Cadence said that Celestia might know who she is."

"There's another princess? I didn't know there was another princess in Equestria. None of the books I read never mentioned her in it."

"Maybe tomorrow we can visit Celestia and ask her. In the meantime, why don't we wrap up. I'm starting to get tired."

"Yeah. You're right." Twilight then yawned and they both headed to the bedroom and began to sleep.

---------------------

Charming Thunder was wandering through the halls of the castle which looked like the Crystal Empire. "There you are," a voice said from behind him.

"Huh?" Charming Thunder said as he turned to see his father.

“Your mother and I have been looking for you all over. It’s not becoming of a young prince like yourself to miss his lunch."

"Sorry," Charming Thunder said as he followed him into a large dining room.

"There he is," the cyan alicorn said as they sat down at the table. "Where did he go this time, Sombra?"

"He was wandering around in the castle again."

"Well he is defiantly an adventourous colt just like you, honey."

"And his magic. I saw him levitating ten books at once," Sombra said as a tray was placed on the table by one of the servants.

“Wow, ten books at such a young age,” the alicorn said impressed.

Charming?" a new voice asked as everything began to blur before completely dissolving.

---------------------

"Charming Thunder, its time to get up," Twilight said shaking her husband with her hoof. Charming Thunder's eyes opened and looked around.

He then yawned then said, "Uh, what."

“You had another one of those dreams again didn’t you?” she asked looking at him.

“Yeah, but I have no idea what they mean," he replied stretching.

"Well I have a meeting with the princesses today. Why don’t you come with me and you can ask Celestia about it. You can bring the picture along to show her."

“Alright,” he said rolling out of bed to get ready for the day. He then rubbed his eyes and left the room with Twilight to start up breakfast.