• Published 6th Mar 2014
  • 5,406 Views, 68 Comments

Never Forget - Pokemon of the Night



A young kid arrives in a colorful new world with no memories of who he once was. Soon after his arrival he meets some creatures who offer to help him. But retrieving what he has lost may not be so easy that is if he even wants to at all.

  • ...
18
 68
 5,406

Weekend in Cantorlot part 1

Twilight's pov

Today was a new day and it had started out just like the day before. I woke up first followed by Emerald and Spike, we ate breakfast, and then Emerald was off to school but today there was one important difference which was that we were going to Cantorlot to go see Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. Emerald had just come back from school not to long ago and almost immediately we had to leave so that we didn't miss the train but Spike had decided to stay behind to watch the lybrary and to help Rarity so it was just going to be just Emerald and I. I could tell from the moment we left the library and even when we got on the train that he was still unsure about meeting two of the other princesses so I did my best to reassure him before the train even left the station that the princesses would like him.


"I promise you they will absolutely love meeting you"


" But what if they don't want you adopting me because I'm not a pony or they send me away to some far away place so that we never see each other again or"


I quickly interrupted him before his thoughts got even more absurd. " I seriously doubt that they would do any of those thing and beside no matter what I will make sure nothing like that ever happens"


He briefly looked down like he was thinking for a second and then he looked back up at me with a smile and nodded. Before either one of us could say anything else the trains whistle blew meaning that it was departing for Cantorlot. I decided to go ahead and pull out two books, one was a Daring Do book that I decided to re-read and the other one was one of Spike's Comics that he said I could borrow for Emerald. So while the train left the station we both started reading our books.



2 hours later


Apparently time really does fly when your have fun because unsurprisingly I had read through my book rather fast and the train ride to Cantorlot was more than half way over but now I was stuck with nothing else to do. I looked over to Emerald and I saw that he had put down the book I had given him and was instead just staring out the window looking like he was lost in thought so I decided to see if anything was bothering him.


"Emerald" He apparently didn't hear me so I decided to say his name again this time just slightly louder while placing a hoof on his shoulder. "Emerald" this time I was able to get his attention as he immediately looked at me.


"Yes mom"


"Is something the matter sweetie"


He looked back at the window like he was thinking about it and then after a minute he looked back at me and spoke.


"Maybe"


"What do you mean by maybe" I asked as I wasn't really sure what he meant and therefore I needed more context.


"W-Well you see yesterday when I went crusading with Scootaloo" he paused as if to choose his next words carefully but then soon continued "we were really having fun and all but well you see right after we had finished crusading and before I had come home I h-heard one of those v-v-voices again"


I was just about to respond and ask him which one it was but before I could he continued to speak.


"I-I'm sorry I didn't tell y-you yesterday when I c-came home but I..I.. I don't know"


He looked a lot more distraught then he did just a moment ago which must have been from keep this inside and not knowing what it meant plus all of the pressure and fear he was feeling just before meeting Princess Celestia and Luna today. I knew that I didn't have the exact answers he was looking for but there was definitely something I did know.


"It doesn't matter"


"What"


"I said it doesn't matter" I said again as I pulled him closer and looked him in the eyes. "It doesn’t matter that you didn't tell me until right now, it doesn't matter what those voices say, and it doesn't matter what anypony else says because no matter what there is one thing that is true and that is you are my son and nothing will ever change that" I couldn't help it but tears were starting to escape from my eyes. as I wiped the tears away I suddenly felt to arms wrap around me as much as they could in a tight embrace.


"Thank you" he said.


I smiled "Your welcome but you don't really need to thank me I mean what are mothers for"


"But even before you became my mom you’ve looked out for me like when you first found me"


I just smiled at that as we just sat there and held onto each other. I don't know if it was fate, destiny, or whatever it was but I was glad that I had him in my life and I wouldn't change it for anything. I hated to ruin the moment but I had to find out more about what happened yesterday.


"Emerald"


"Yes"


"Can you please tell me a little bit more about what happened yesterday"


"Well actually I don't really get it myself all we were doing was normal Crusading until we were about to part ways"



Flashback


Emerald and Scootaloo were walking through town just talking after a long day of Crusading.


"So Emerald did you have fun"


"Of course I did"


"Great, so what are you doing tomorrow"


"Mom and I are going to a city called Cantorlot tomorrow So I can meet the other princesses" He said with clear uncertainty in his voice which Scootaloo pick up on almost instantly.


"What's wrong"


"N-Nothing"


"It's obvious something bothering you now come on you can tell me about it"


He looked down at the ground at then at her and took a deep breath and spoke.


"I-It's just that I-I'm worried that t-they won't except me"


"Now why wouldn't they accept someone as awesome as you"


"Because I'm different"


"So what does that matter I mean that didn't stop me from liking you and you don't hate me for being different than you do you"


"O-Of course not" he quickly sputtered out. "It's just that I'm the only human here and I don’t even know who I really am or what being a human means"


Before they progressed any further Scootaloo stopped him with a hoof and before he could react she kissed him on the lips. It took him a few seconds to realize what was happening but once he did he returned the kiss. It soon ended and then Scootaloo spoke.


"You're Emerald Blaze my special somepony and I love you and I'm sure Twilight feels the same way I mean you are her son after all"


He blushed a bit and then responded "T-Thanks"


"No problem"


They then continued to walk and soon enough they could see the library.


"I guess this is where we go are separate way"


"Yeah"


They hugged each other goodbye before Scootaloo walk off towards her home and Emerald continued on home but then when he was almost home he heard something that stopped him in his tracks.


"I'm so glad that you are starting to open up"


"Y-You"


"Yeap me"


"W-Who are you w-what do you want"


"I thought we went over this already I'm you"


"But you can't be m-me because I'm me a-and you don't even sound like me"


"Those are just small technicalities besides shouldn't you be focusing on the more important things"


"More i-important things, like what?"


"Like enjoying yourself"


"What"


"Just remember as long as you're having fun and are surrounded by those that care about you the darkness can never reach you"


"Wait what do you mean, does this have something to do with that other voice"


But there was no reply


"Hello are you still there hello"


But there was still no reply so after a minute he continued walking home.



Present day


Twilight wasn’t sure what to make of all of this but apparently there were two very different voices and the one he had talked to yesterday seemed much more friendly than the other one and what was it talking about darkness did that have something to do with that other voice. So many questions but no answers maybe the other Princesses could help. Before I could think about it anymore the train came to a stop and the conductor yelled that we had arrived in Cantorlot.


"Looks like we're finally here are you goinng to be okay"


"Yeah I think so"


"Alright if your sure" I levitated our bags and let him onto my back and then we made our way to Canterlots castle while I hoped that everything would go alright today.

Emerals's pov

I noticed that as we were heading to the castle ponies were giving me strange looks which was nothing new but it was a little bit different then when I was in ponyville almost like they were judging me rather than being curious. But I knew that no matter what happened as long as I had mom with me then everything was going to be alright. We soon approached a large structure which I guessed was the castle. Two ponies that were wearing armor and were standing by the entrance let us in and then one more pony that was dressed in a similar way greeted us.


"Greeting Princess Twilight" He said and then he turned his attention to me. " And I presume that you are Prince Emerald Blaze, it is a pleasure to meet you your highness" he said while bowing.


I was immediately taken back by this and shook my head vigorously " I-I-I'm n-not a I-I mean t-technically I guess I-I am b-but You don’t have t-to" I was an in-cohesive mess with this being the first time I could recall anyone addressing me like this but luckily my mom was able to salvage the situation or at least interrupt my stammering.


"Is Princess Celestia and Princess Luna ready to see us"


"Yes ma'am, please follow me"


"Thank you"


As we followed this stallion I was become more and more nervous of what the other princesses would think of me and if they would have a problem with Twilight being my mom. I know she said not to worry but with my new life on the line how could I be. I took in our surroundings just so that I could get a feel for the place and I had to admit it was very nice although to be honest I wasn’t exactly sure what I imaged this place to be like to begin with. But soon enough my gazing at my surroundings was cut off as we came to a stop in front of a very large door to which I could only guess was our destination. The doors opened and we stepped through. I Immediately noticed a change in the atmosphere between the hallways and this room and I soon saw what I assumed the reasons for this change was. At the end of the room where two ponies sitting on Thrones and beside them were two other ponies that I also had a strange feeling about, They were all staring in our direction.


"Your Highness's, Princess Twilight Sparkle and Prince Emerald Blaze have arrived"


"Thank you for escorting them that will be all" Said the white princess with three colors in her mane, I think mom said that her name was Celestia.


He bowed and then exited the room and then a one of the others that were in the room next to the princesses spoke.


"Twily it's so good to see you" said a white stallion with a blue mane as he approached us and soon the rest of them followed him.


"Shining Armor, Cadence what are you two doing here?"


"Well Twilight when you sent Aunt Celestia that letter she immediately sent a letter to Shining Armor and I so since we didn’t have any royal duties to attend to we decided to come down for a visit and to see what was going on exactly "said a pink pony also with three colors in her mane.


"But why"


"Well she just figured that your family would like to know of your decision"


"Do mom and dad know yet"


"Not yet"


I finally couldn’t take it anymore so I whispered in moms ear to ask her who they were. "Um mom if you don't mind telling me who are these two other ponies, I thought you said that I would only be meeting Princess Celestia and Princess Luna"


"Oh right, well Emerald let me formally introduce you to my Sister-In-Law Cadence and my BBBFF or rather my Big Brother Best Friend Forever Shining Armor"


As I listened to her tell me who they were two words of what she said definitely stood out to me and they were sister and brother. although I wasn’t entirely sure what the exact relation it was to my mom the one thing I did know was that it meant that they were her family. Suddenly the little bit of confidence I had because of mom was gone and the color drained from my face.



"Well well well long time no see"


Unfortunately I would recognized that voice anywhere and it couldn’t have possibly have pick a worst time as everything once again went black.


"And how is the so called embodiment of trust and courage doing"


"I-I thought I got rid of you"


"Awwww did you lose another memory" he said mockingly as he snickered. "I told you that you wouldn’t here the last of you and well here I am"


"B-But w-why"


"Let's just say I saw a small crack in that already weak armor of yours and I decided to take the chance exploit it"


"What"


"Do I need to slow down for you or am I still going to fast for your small brain to understand"


"N-N-No t-that not it I-I just did't u-understand what you meant by armor, cracks, and exploiting it"


"Your just proving Your point" He said while laughing.


"I told you the last time You're not me"


"Really, well then what did number three say when you told them that or rather your yang to your yin a.k.a me"


I decided not to answer since I realized that whether I answered it or not that it would still ridiculed me.


"You guessed it, no matter if you say or do anything or not I'll still get what I want and that is your fear because even if you have so called Friends and Family deep down you'll always be afraid of something and as long as you do I'll still exists as a part of you and then once your fear reaches it's tipping point that were the real fun begins unless they get here first"


By this point I was almost feeling like I did when I had first arrived here and to top it off I was now worried about who it was referring to by they. This would have continued until suddenly another voice that I also recognized intervened.


"That's enough"


"Oh great here comes the fun police"


"I wouldn't exactly call what you are doing fun"


This new voice snapped me out of my silence. "W-What are you doing here"


"let's just say your mom sent me"


"Wait you've talked to my mom"


"Not exactly, let me rephrase myself your mother's love sent me here"


"Her love?"


"Hey idiot have you not noticed a similar pattern between us yet"


"Didn't I say that was enough out of you"


While they bickered back and forth I thought about what the first one said. What did they have in common, I mean they seemed like exact opposites. one of them was mean they other one seemed nice, one of them kept telling me how worthless I was while the other one encouraged me and tried to help me, and the final thing that was different about them was that one of them kept talking about fear while the other one talked about love. Wait fear and love, the first voice only showed up when I was afraid of everything while the second one showed up when I loved others.


"Fear and love"


This both caught their attention as they both stopped talking but then one of them finally spoke.


"Hahahahaha finally give the kid a cookie or perhaps half of one"


"I see your finally starting to understand,that's good" It sighed and then continued "You see it's more than just those two emotion it all of your emotions that can be broken down into positive and negative and when you experience them to such a degree then that's where we come in you see when you"


All of a sudden the other voice interrupted. "How about you don’t give everything away, we wouldn’t want to draw anymore attention to ourselves then we already have now would we"


Again another sigh "As much as I don’t like to agree with him he does have a point I'm sorry I can't tell you anything else but maybe that's for the best anyways I think it's time you get going you wouldn’t want to keep your mom and the others waiting any long then they already have would you"


It took me a minute to realize what it meant. I had forgotten that every time I talked to one of them I blacked out which would mean that mom was probably extremely worried and if that warning about keeping them waiting any long ment what I thought it meant then I should probably come to soon. "So how do I you know leave"


"Oh right well just sort of let it happen naturally kind of like waking up from a dream"


"Oh yeah that's a major help I'm sure he'll definitely be able to figure that out"


"your sarcasm isn't required you know"


"Oh I know but I just can't get enough of your oh so many flaws"


"Ignore him, it's just like I said just wake up as if this was another dream"


I decided to take the advice and just relaxed. I felt like I was just about to wake up but not before saying one last thing. "I'm guessing this won't be the last time I hear from either one of you" and they both replied.


"Definitely/Definitely"


Before I woke up.

Twilight's pov

I was currently sitting by Emerald while he was laying in one of the guest beds in the castle. Everypony had told me that I should go out and get some fresh air and that everything was going to be alright but still that didn’t stop me from worrying. How could I not worry since Emerald was unconscious, he kept hearing voices, and magic didn’t work on him and the worst part of all was that I had no idea how to help him. Suddenly I noticed that he was slightly moving and the his eye started to open and he looked at me.


"Mom" he said as he tried to lift himself out of the bed and looked around to get a better view of his surroundings. "Where am I, what happened" he asked.


"Do you remember anything that happened when we met with Celestia, Luna, Shining Armore, and Cadance"


He thought about it for a moment and then a look of realization followed by shame appeared on his face.


"I-I'm sorry mom"


This took me by surprise. "What in the world do you have to be sorry for"


He hesitated for a moment but then spoke up. "I-It's just t-that I couldn’t d-do it I-I-I couldn’t control my emotions and I ruined everything..


"What are you talking about you didn’t ruin anything and whoever ask you to do control your emotions I personally like you just the way you are and the girls and the cutie mark crusaders would agree"


He smiled at my words for a moment but then frowned again as he looked away from me"But they're the cause of everything that's gone wrong and they're the reason you worry about me so much I don’t want you to worry about me all the time"


"Emerald remember what I said on the train"


He nodded


Good because I meant every word of you of it, you are my son and no matter what I will always love you and just because you don’t me to nothing will ever stop me from worry about you especially when something wrong or bothering you" I said as I turned his head to look at me and I kissed him on the forehead.


All of a sudden we both heard somepony lightly cough from the doorway , it was Princess Celestia.


"Oh Princess Celestia when did you get here"


"I actually just arrived to check up on you two" she then looked directly at emerald and with a kind smile she said "I see that you a finally awake that's good, how do you feel"


I could feel him gripping my front hoof a little tighter." It's alright you can talk to her" He looked at me and then looked at her, he then spoke.


"I-I am doing fine y-y-your h-highness t-thank you for a-asking" just loud enough for us both to hear him.


"That's good to hear and you don’t have to be so nervous around me I promise I won't hurt you" she said as she approached us. She then knelt down to get a better view of his face and although he shyed away a little he didn’t hide his face completely. "And please feel free to just call me Celestia"


This time he looked at her and said with a small smile "A-Alright your high-I mean C-Celestia"


She smiled gently at him and then looked at me. "Do you think that it would be alright if everyone else came in"


I looked at him to gage his reaction. He looked a bit apprehensive but he soon looked at me and nodded.


"It's okay everyone can come on in" I said a little louder than usual because I had a feeling I knew exactly where they all were.


Soon enough the three ponies I expected to walk in did.


"Hehe hey Twily we weren't waiting by the door or anything


"Of course not anyway I'm glad you all came"


He then looked around the room until his eyes fell upon Emerald. "Hey there Emerald it's nice to finally meet you"


Just like with anyone else he was meet for the first he didn’t look directly at him but he still responded. "I-It's nice to m-meet you to sir"


"You don’t have to be so formal with me I am your uncle now after all"


"That's right and you can just call me Aunt Cadence"


This caused him to look directly at them with a look on his face that said that he was both shocked and confused.


"What's the matter" Shining Armor asked


"Oh um i-it's nothing"


"Come on you can tell me"


He looked away ashamed while he spoke his next words. "W-Well i-it's just that I, I was w-worried a-about" he paused for a moment but then he continued "y-you two not a-accepting me"


This took them both by surprise but Cadence ended up speaking up first " Now why would you ever think that we wouldn’t except you"


"B-Because I'm different"


They looked at each other and then back at emerald "So what if you’re a little bit different" said Shining Armor


"He's right there's nothing wrong with being different from everyone else that just make you unique" added Cadence.


"Exactly and if Twily can except you I see no reason for us not to"


By this point I think he had some tears forming in his eyes but non-the-less he had a smile on his face "T-T-Thank you"


"No need to thank us" he then looked at a nearby clock on the wall "looks like it's about time for dinner how about we all get to know Emerald while we eat"


Everyone seemed to be in agreement including Emerald so we were all about to head to the dining room except before that there was one thing that I had to take care of first.


"Shining Armor and Cadence would you mind taking Emerald on ahead to the dining room I need to talk to both princess celestia and Princess Luna alone for just a moment"I then turned to Emerald "don’t worry i-it won't take long"


"O-Okay"


"Alright then let get going" Shining armor said as he was about to use magic to pick him up to put him on his back but luckily I stopped him before he could.


"Actually do you think you can just kneel down and let him onto your back let's just say magic doesn’t really agree with him"


He gave me a curious look but then he shrugged it off when his stomach decided to growl. "If you say so"


"Don’t worry I'll explain it to you later"


He knelt down next to the bed as Emerald slowly got onto his back and then the three of them were on their way.


"Now Twilight what is it that you would only wish to speak to our sister and I about"


I sighed as I mentally prepared myself to tell them what I knew. "It's a bit complicated and I don’t know everything but I'll at least tell you what I do know" I said as I started to tell them everything that had happened since I had found him.

Unknown location

Somewhere far away in another dimension two mysterious figures, one male and one female were sitting and waiting for a acquaintance of there's one of them a little bit more impatiently than the other


"Ugh where is he I'm tired of us just sitting on asses and doing nothing" said the female.


"I-I'm sure h-he'll be here s-soon"


"WHAT WAS THAT"


"I-I said t-that I'm sure h-he'll b-be here soon and w-why are you y-y-yelling"


"Ugh I can't understand a damn word you're saying"


The quiet male one just kept his head down and kept quiet while the loud female continued to no one in particular.


"Whatever" a few more minutes passed my and her temper only got worse. "UGH WHAT"S TAKING HIS SLOW ASS SO LONG WE"VE BEEN WAIT HERE FOR LIKE THREE DAYS" She took a long and very irritated breath and while her voice still didn't sound any happier it was lower in volume. "I'm mean I'm pretty sure that kid were looking for isn't just gonna show up in front of us and say "Um excuse me I hear you were looking for me how may I help you"" she said as sacaticly as possible.


The other one just nodded in agreement although in her rage she didn’t notice. Suddenly a third voice chimed in.


"It seems that someone is extremely worked up"


They both looked in the direction of the third voice and standing there was just the person they were waiting for. He was very young at least in his mid-teens, he had short blonde hair with very dark red highlights on the tips almost the color of blood. He was just wearing a normal black short sleeved shirt with jeans and sneakers but probably the most noticeable part of his apparel was the headphone that were around his neck.


The woman immediately stood up and approached him then she proceeded to grab by the neck of his shirt and yell in this face "WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG YOU DUMB ASS IF I HAD TO WAIT ANY LONGER I WOULD QUIT LITERALLY HAVE TO FIND A WAY TO KILL TIME" She said as she looked over at the other occupant of the room in a challenging manner. While she did the one that was in her grasp just chuckled as he replied in a calm manner "My, my such vulgar language and aggression" he then put one of his hands on hers and forcefully pulled it off of him and then in a much more threatening tone but with that same smile he said "But do I continually have to remind you that these things take time and everything has an order"


She immediately backed down but still replied with a cocky attitude "Fine whatever just make sure you get here soon"


"Yes, Yes I understand but regardless of my timing I did have a good reason for my tardiness"


This got both of the others attention.


"I found out exactly where are little missing friend is"


"Really you finally found that little brat" she said


The other male just smiled.


"Of course, you didn't think that I was merely doing nothing of importance while I was away did you"


"No of course not"


"As long as it was taking I had no idea what you were doing anyway where is he"


"Oh he in a Oh so comfortable dimension with a very unique species and in this Dimetion he is on a county know as Equestria, what do you say we go pay him a visit" he said with a grin on his face.

Author's Note:

Sorry this chapter took so long it's just that just didn't feel like writing a lot and every time I did I was always indecisive as to what way I wanted to go with this chapter and the story as a whole but I finally chose something at least for now which is why it is now in parts. There might be some mistakes in this chapter because I currently don't have Microsoft Word on my computer but I have been using an online version of Microsoft Word so it's better then nothing. Anyway I hope you all enjoy this chapter and continue to enjoy the story. If there is anything that you think that I might need to improve for instance my grammar or spelling please leave a comment same goes for if you want to tell me what you think of the story so far or you just want to say hi. Thank you for any support you all have given me and this story and I hope you all have a great day and don't worry I don't think the next chapter will take as long. :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 14 )

I like this story, and I´m happy for a new chapter, but it suddenly feels like it is probably over soon. While I like it to be a bit dramatic, some type of Villains just feel odd, or let´s say, I doesn´t need always a bad guy in such storys.

6621480 Don't worry I still have a lot of ideas for this story so it probably won't end anytime soon. As for the villains I was thinking about
adding them for awhile now but I just didn't really know how to incorporate them into the story. One of the things this chapter was meant to do was just to establish that they exist and they may know Emerald in some way but at least for now they will probably only make brief appearances in some of the chapters so that I can develop them more and so that I may also work on a motive although I already have one in mind.

By the way thanks for letting me know what you thought of the chapter and mentioning some of the things you did. I was a bit worried about adding a villain or villains but it sort of helps with some of the plot point that I have in mind so hopefully if they keep appearing then maybe people will get use to them. Sorry this comment was so long but again thanks for letting me know what you thought and for reading and I'm looking forward to hearing more from you. :twilightsheepish::twilightsmile:

He soon makes some very colorful new friends who try and help him but it won't be as easy as they might think to get what is lost, if he even once to at all.

Really? Did you really write that? 'if he even ONCE to' ... SERIOUSLY? I'm tempted to downvote the story just for that. How did THAT even get in there?

6666562 I actually never even noticed that before :facehoof:, I must have really not have been paying attention when I made that mistake. Thanks for letting me know.:twilightsmile:

6667285 No problem. I'm a bit bitchy this week.

6669834 It's alright, I definitely know how that feels sometimes. Anyway if you ever see any other mistakes like that or if there is anything else you want to say please feel free to leave another comment and thanks again.

6670324 I will begin reading the story at some point in the near future.

This story needs a better grammar. :pinkiehappy:

I would like to have a new chapter please.

8910326
Which one? The worms or the feelings?

this story is awesome after all and also its country not county equestria is not a county XD

7641002 needs a better grammar? don't you mean needs better grammar cuz the a in it makes no sense

More chapters please

Login or register to comment