• Published 6th Mar 2014
  • 5,408 Views, 68 Comments

Never Forget - Pokemon of the Night



A young kid arrives in a colorful new world with no memories of who he once was. Soon after his arrival he meets some creatures who offer to help him. But retrieving what he has lost may not be so easy that is if he even wants to at all.

  • ...
18
 68
 5,408

A New Learning Experience

Author's Note:

To me this chapter feels like a filler from an anime but still I think it was necessary to set up some things. Anyway whether I did a good job or not with this chapter I'll leave up to you.

Also I think I'm going to just have may one or two more chapters to set some things up that will have more of a slice of life feel to them before I move on with the main points of the story just in case anyone was wandering about this.

One more thing concerning the bonus chapters. I already have one of those chapters out but for the others I think I'm going to wait until the main story itself is done and then go though and see what I have to work with to see how many more there needs to be. I already do have at least one more planed but like I said I'll make and publish it after I finish the main story.

I thinks that's everything that I wanted to cover and please leave comments to tell me your thoughts on what you liked, disliked/needs fixing, or if there is something else you wanted to say. Thank you for reading and I will try to work on the next chapter as soon as I get the chance.

Twilight’s pov

I woke up extra early this morning because today was an extra special day and I hardly got any sleep last night anyway because I was just so excited. Today was Emeralds first day of school and I just couldn’t wait for him to get there and learn new things, make new friends, and just having fun in general. I remembered my days in school and aside from the no friends thing they were wonderful being Celestia’s student. I packed up everything I thought he would need for the day in an extra saddle bag the only problem was how he would carry it since he wasn’t a pony, I would have to get Rarity to make him something he more easily carry. I had just finished packing when I heard footsteps coming down the steps so I took a look to see Spike along with Emerald walking down the steps.


“Gooooood morning you two”

“Good morning” they said in unison.

“You seem to be in a good mood this morning Twilight”

“Why wouldn’t I be, today is a very special day after all”

“It is” said Emerald as he looked to spike to see if he knew what she was talking about, Spike just shrugged.

“Of course, today is your very first day of school”

A look of realization and uncertainty flashed across his face. “Are, are you sure that’s today”

“Of course I am sure it involves your education after all”


I noticed that he still had that look of uncertainty on his face so I decided to fix that.


“Now don’t you worry I’m sure you’ll have a great time and besides you’ll already know three of the student there”

He seemed to think about it for a minute when it looked like he finally figured it out and a smile appeared on his face “Oh Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, and Sweetie Belle”

“That’s right and I know for a fact that they will all be more than willing to help you out especially a certain purple maned filly” I giggled as I said that last part

He blushed at that “Yeah you’re right”

“Of course, now go ahead and eat your breakfast you don’t want to be late you first day of school”


I had decided to just pore him some cereal this morning with some milk since I wasn’t the best cook but I still wanted to be the one to make him breakfast on such a special day so this was the only thing that I could think of. He sat down while spike went to fix our breakfast so I decided to go through the bag I prepared for him one more time just to make sure he had everything.

Emerald’s pov

After we all had eaten and mom had checked the bag she was giving me for the fifth time we finally headed out the door and to the school. To say that I was nervous would have been an understatement but regardless I knew that I would be fine as long as I had my friends there. On the way mom would talk about how great school was and that I would really like Mrs. Cherilee as a teacher but then we soon arrived to school. Just before we got to the entrance she let me off of her back.

“Do you want me to go in with you?”


The truth was that I did want her to but I also wanted to go in there by myself just so I could show her how much braver I had gotten since we had first met. In the end I took a breath and decided to do just that.


“It’s okay you don’t have to”

“Are you sure”


I nodded.


“Well alright then I will be back after school to pick you up”

“Okay”


We then gave each other a quick hug goodbye and she walked away while I turned back to look at the building in front of me. I didn’t know what to do at this point, should I just walk in there or should I just stand here until someone decides to tell me to go in. I started to sweat a little, I mean it wasn’t like I had never met new ponies before but this was different these ponies were all younger then most of the ones I had met before and were all supposed to be around my age, whatever that was. I continued to think about these things until something or rather somepony gave me a hug from behind.


“Hey there special somepony”

“Oh hey Scootaloo”


She then let go which allowed me to turn around to give her a hug back. I then noticed that both Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle were with her.


“Hey Apple Bloom, Hey Sweetie Belle”

“Hey Emerald” they said in unison.

“Is everything alright, you feel a little bit warm”

“Y-Yeah just a bit nervous is all you know first day of school and all”

“Don’t worry the three of us will be there for you right girl”

“You bet”

“Absolutely”

“Alright students it’s time for school” Said Cherilee from the door.


I saw all of the other students enter the school leaving just the four of us left outside.

“We’d better hurry before were late” said scootaloo ran towards the entrance. “You coming Emerald” she said as she looked back at me.

“Y-yeah I am” I said as I made my way there.


I slowly made my way in as I noticed everyone else had already sat down and Mrs. Cherilee was looking at me while smiling. She then looked back at the class.


“Good morning class”

“Good morning Mrs. Cherilee”

“Today I have a special announcement to make, we have a new student joining us” She then motioned to me so I walked a little further into the room. “Everypony I would like you all to meet Emeral Blaze, Princess Twilight’s new son”


All of their eyes were immediately on me which caused me to flinch and look at the ground. I then felt a hoof on my shoulder and looked to see Mrs Cherilee smiling at me encouragingly.


“How about you take a seat at the empty desk at the back between Scootaloo and Dinky”


I looked to where she was pointing and nodded. It made me extreamly happy that I would get to sit next to Scootaloo and maybe this other pony who I now knew was named Dinky would be just as nice. I sat down and I saw Scootaloo with a big grin on her face which I knew meant that she was probably just as excited to be sitting next to me as well. I then heard someone else start talking on the opposite side of me so I turned my head.

“Um hello, I just wanted to say that it’s nice to meet you, my name is Dinky and yours is Emerald Blaze right”

“Y-Yes it is and it’s nice to meet you to Dinky”

We then heard Mrs. Cherilee speak. “Alright class today we will start with some simple math equations”


The entire class groned at this but I was just confused, what was math.


1 hour later.


After what felt like an eternity I know knew the evil which was math. Alright let me rephrase that it’s not that it was evil more or less I just didn’t understand it. I wrote everything she had on the board down but when I looked at it I couldn’t understand any of it, this was ether due to me not being able to read my own hand writing or me not understanding math. Luckily I had two ponies beside me to help with it when it came to the worksheets she handed out and she said we could help each other out. Dinky seemed to understand it better than Scootaloo but Scootaloo was still a big help on some of the simpler ones.

“Alright class it’s time for lunch so you can all ether go outside or eat at you desk but you have be back in your seats in thirty minutes”

“Yes Mrs. Cherilee” everyone said as they all began to do their own thing while getting out there lunches.


All of a sudden I was struck with a realization that mom must have forgot to pack me anything.


“Hey Emerald you coming” said Scootaloo

“Oh um yeah” I said as I got up out of my chair. I guess I just would eat lunch today. At least that’s what I thought until suddenly before I made it out the door mom ran through the door with a slightly panicked look on her face. She then noticed me.

“Oh there you are Emerald, I am so sorry I was so excited and in such a rush this morning that I forgot to make your lunch, Luckily Spike reminded me and made you something that I think you’ll like” She said as she handed me a brown bag “don’t worry I’ll buy you a lunch box just as soon as I can”

“You don’t have to worry about it but thank you”

“You’re welcome, now before I leave again how has school been so far”

“It’s alright I think, all we’ve done so far is something called math”

“Oh that must have been fun”

“Sure if your definition of fun is torcher” chimed in Scootaloo.

This caused mom to giggle a little “Don’t worry I’m sure you’ll all get the hang of in eventually, anyway I have to go now but I’ll be back to pick you after school” she then brought me in for a hug like she did before and left.


The four of us then went outside and found a nice spot to sit down and eat. I got a sandwich of some kind so I asked the others what it was and they said it was peanut butter and jelly I took a quick bit of it and it tasted fine. I also got some kind of drink called apple juice and a cupcake which was also very good. Not too long after we started eating Dinky came up to us and asked us if we minded if she ate with us to which we all said that she could. For some reason we were only talking about me and how I was getting used to Equestria and somehow the conversation went to yesterday’s events


“So you two are dating”

“Yeah that’s right” said Scootaloo as she brought me closer to her with a hoof. We then quickly kissed before anyone else saw.

“Awwwwww” came three voices

“Don’t tell anypony yet okay” Scootaloo said to Dinky

“Alright I won’t”


While we were still eating and chatting two ponies passed by us and took a look at me and then looked at each other. One of them was pink with something on her head and the other one was grey with glasses. While I didn’t hear all of what they were saying I did hear them say some about a monster and blank flanks and although I had a pretty good idea on who the monster they were talking about was what I didn’t know was what a blank flank was. I pushed the thoughts about being a monster out of my head as it appeared that lunch was over.
The rest of school we learned a little bit of what I guessed were basic subjects like grammar, history and science and then she gave us something called homework for history and math which I think mom mentioned she would help me with if I wanted her to.


“Alright class now don’t forget to get that homework done for tomorrow and have a great rest of the day, class dismissed”


We all made our way out of the room as we said our goodbyes to Mrs. Cherilee and I also said goodbye to Dinky just before her mom came and picked her up. I then met the girls outside.


“Finally” said Scootaloo

“Yeah I was begin to think we never gonna get out of there”

“It really wasn’t that bad”

“Well that doesn’t matter now anyway did you girls and guy want to do some crusading today”

“I would like to but I got a heap of chores to get done around the farm”

“Mom and dad said I had to come home after school and clean my room which take a while”

“What about you Emerald”

“Oh um well I might be able later today, I’ll ask mom”

“Sounds great do you mind if I stop by”

“Not at all”

Just then mom showed up.


“Hey there Emerald, girls, ready to go sweetie”

I nodded and then asked “is it alright if Scootaloo comes by later”

“Of course it is”


I then got on her back as we headed back home.


“So how was your first day?”

“It was alright” not really sure about it myself. Not saying it was bad or anything it’s just that I would have to continue to go to see if I really liked it.

“Don’t worry I’m sure you’ll like it once you get into the swing of things, Oh by the way I have some special news”

“What is it?”

“Well tomorrow after you get out of school we get to take a trip to Canterlot because Princess Celestia and Princess Luna want to meet you”

“W-What” I said worried

“Don’t worry I’m positive that they’ll like you”

“A-Alright”


I still wasn’t one hundred percent sure about meeting them yet but from what I have already heard about them they seemed really nice so maybe it wouldn’t be so bad, at least I hopped not.