• Published 6th Mar 2014
  • 5,408 Views, 68 Comments

Never Forget - Pokemon of the Night



A young kid arrives in a colorful new world with no memories of who he once was. Soon after his arrival he meets some creatures who offer to help him. But retrieving what he has lost may not be so easy that is if he even wants to at all.

  • ...
18
 68
 5,408

Questions with no Answers

I just sat there in the same position for who knows how long mumbling the same thing over and over again. "I don't know who I am, I don't know who I am, I don't know who I am" that's all I could say. I didn't know my name, my age, or even what I was, nothing of what I was before I woke up near that pond. Suddenly there was a touch to my shoulder, it was the same purple creature that I had first met.

"It will be alright will figure out what's going on"

"Maybe he hurt his head, do you mind if I take a look" said Fluttershy.

"Of course not, go right ahead"


The yellow one with the pink hair then started to approached me but as soon as she got closer I started to back away because I was afraid of what she was going to do to me. She then stopped as soon as I did this and she seemed to have what looked like concern on her face but I didn't think too much of it. It then began to speak


"It's alright I won't hurt you"

I still was unsure and you could see it on my face.

"It's okay you can trust her, she's the kindest pony around and wouldn't ever harm anything." said The purple one with a reassuring smile on her face.

I wasn't sure what it was but for some reason when she spoke those words it felt like I could trust her. Also ever since I woke back up after are first encounter there's just been something about her that seems familiar but I couldn't place what that something was. Finally I nodded my head since the purple one trusted her and I trusted the purple one. The one that was approaching that stopped started to approach me once more but this time I didn't back away. Once she was right in front of me she bent down and then reassured me once more probably because I was averting my eye from her direction.


"Don't worry I'm not going to hurt you I just want to check to see if you have a bump on your head or anything else that might have led to your memory loss." She then proceeded to check all around my head for any sort of injury which could have led to me forgetting everything about myself. I didn't take long before she stopped and although I wasn't looking at her I could tell she was looking at me. Then the words that came out of her mouth made me feel even more depressed and as if there was no hope. "I'm so sorry but it doesn't appear to be anything wrong with your head at least nothing I can see" she then turned to the purple one who she called Twilight. "Do you have any ideas Twilight"


I then looked over to the one who's name I now knew was Twilight to see her put one of her legs or whatever it was to her chin in a thinking manner. She then appeared to get an idea as her face suddenly lit up which an expression that just made me assume she had one.


"I know maybe it's something internal instead of external, meaning maybe it's something to do with apart of his brain" the rest of them just nodded in understanding as she continued. "I know a spell that might be able to check the inside of his head to see if there is anything wrong and if there is maybe we'll know how to fix it"


They didn't notice right away but once Twilight had mentioned something about checking inside my head I scooted all the way to one of the wall to whatever building I was in. I wasn't going to let them open my head up and I wasn't really sure what the word spell meant. They soon enough took notice of me cowering by the wall with a look of fear on my face. Twilight then came over to me followed by the rest of them which only made me close my eyes tight and hold my knees. I then felt her put her appendage on me again in that same reassuring way.


"It's okay what I want to do won't hurt I promise"


I wanted to trust her but something inside me refused to.


"All I going to do is take a quick scan of your brain to see if there is any damage and like I said before it won't hurt you"


I then looked up a little to see her smiling face, I then looked at the rest of them and they were doing the same especially the pink one. I then decided to speak for once instead of just nodding.


"Okay" I said in a very quiet voice but just enough for Twilight to hear me.

"Great, now this will only take a second" she said as something on her head began to glow the same color as her. I closed my eyes again still expecting pain because of that feeling I got earlier but it never came, instead all I heard was a "huh" which caused me to open my eyes and look up at her. Then the orange one with the hat spoke first.


"What's wrong Twi"

"I I don't know, Once I touched him with my horn the magic around it just disappeared" she then paused for a minute or two before continuing. "It's like it was never there to begin with, like I never even activated it."


I could tell by their faces that they were confused by what she just said but not as confused as me since I've been confused ever since I got here.


"What do ya mean by that"

"Yeah, I mean I may not be a unicorn and all but I'm pretty sure magic just doesn't disappear."

"I'm afraid I'd have to agree with Rainbow Dash darling, I don't think it is possible for a unicorns magic to just simply vanish."

"But I'm telling you all once I touched him with my horn I couldn't feel my magic anymore"

"Hey Twilight didn't the same thing happen when you tried to levitate him onto your back when we first found him"

"Your right spike" she then paused for a moment like she was trying to think of a reason for whatever it was they were even talking about but then she continued. "And I been thinking about it ever since then but I can't come up with a reason for why my magic isn't working on him" Then she got a look on her face like she had an idea. "Hey Rarity do you mind trying to use your magic on him, just a simple levitation up and then back down." I was about to start to shake in fear but it seemed like Twilight sensed what I was about to do and touched my shoulder. "It's okay this won't hurt if it even works that is." Then the one who's name I heard Twilight say was Rarity approached me.

"Don't worry little one this won't hurt a bit" I then saw the same thing I saw on Twilights head glow except a different color, but as soon as the glow appeared it disappeared just as quickly, I then heard her "GASP."

"It happened to you to didn't it"


All she did was nod her head while the rest of them looked at each other with confused and concerned faces.


"I don't know what going on but I'll have to write to Princess Celestia about this"


While they were all discussing what to do next I just looked at the ground not really sure what to do myself. I had no memories, no were to go, nothing but what I was wearing I had nothing and that's exactly how I felt right now. Like I was nothing like I was worthless and didn't even exist although I could feel, think and move. The next think I knew I suddenly picked up the words it's kind of getting late although I'm not really sure from who since I wasn't entirely paying attention to the conversation, then the next words I heard came from the blue one with the multi colored hair.


"So what are we gonna do with the squirt"

"He can stay with me and Spike for the night and then we'll figure out what to do tomorrow" they all seemed to agree with this idea. Then Twilight came over to me and bent down. I just stared at Twilight not really sure what she wanted me to do that is until she said. "well what are you waiting for aren't you going to get on." My eyes grew at that and I started to stutter very quietly my response.


"I-I-I um I d-don't know if I-I should"

"Come on now you can't walk all the way there, it would just be easier and faster if I just carried you"


After a back and forth conversation between me and Twilight I finally gave in and started to carefully climb onto Twilight's back. We then all parted ways but not before they all said their goodbyes even to me, which I was very skittish towards but excepted none the less. Then me, Twilight, and Spike were on our way with me wondering all along the way what was next for me.

Author's Note:

For some reason I felt better about writing this chapter then the last although I don't know why. Anyway not much else to say since I said a lot in the last chapter just like usual leave me a comment if you want and Thanks for reading!