• Published 6th Mar 2014
  • 5,406 Views, 68 Comments

Never Forget - Pokemon of the Night



A young kid arrives in a colorful new world with no memories of who he once was. Soon after his arrival he meets some creatures who offer to help him. But retrieving what he has lost may not be so easy that is if he even wants to at all.

  • ...
18
 68
 5,406

Planning for the future

Author's Note:

Just thought I'd start this chapter off with explaining a few things. For example describing the main character in both appearance and personality more thoroughly since I don't think I have yet and I wanted to say that the next few chapters will be more or less slice of life chapters just to establish a few things.

Anyway I've kind of been wanting to talk about his appearance for a while now so here it is. he has Long black hair like it hasn't been cut in a while, it come to about the middle of his back. His eyes are a turquoise color. Also as for right now he is pretty much wearing rags or rather torn up clothes but that will changes soon since Rarity made him clothes he just hastn't gotten them yet. And as for his height compared to the ponies he's about the size of a normal filly or colt if not an inch or two smaller. I kind of watch a lot of anime so I might of gotten some ideas from that or at least the direction I wanted to go in.

moving on to his personality besides the memories loss , It's pretty easy to explain. First of all he can be very mature for his age but cautious as well but that's mostly due to the amnesia. His personality will develop later on but that's all I can really say for now because as of right now he only really has a few noticeable traits and the biggest one that has probably stood out the most is fear.

I just wanted to describe these things just so people would know if they wanted to and if there are anymore questions about the character just ask and I'll try and answer if I can. I am sorry this was so long but thank you for reading if you did and I hope you enjoy the story and continue to help me improve. Have a great day.

Twilight’s pov

The sun had began to shine through the window beside my bed and onto my face which immediately caused me to stir a little but it was not enough to get me completely out of bed. All of a sudden I heard what sounded like Spike calling my name but I was still a bit tired and drowsy that I shrugged it off and continued to sleep, that is until I heard my name this time along with Emerald’s being yelled.

“Hey Twilight, Emerald are you Two going to sleep all day”

This caused me to jerk up out of bed and look at what time it was, it was 10:30. I usually never sleep this late but I guess after we had gotten back home so late and then having Emerald explain as best as he could why he ran away that it was well after midnight when everypony went home and we when to bed. I then felt something snuggle up closer to me under the covers so I lifted them back to see Emerald still laying there asleep with one arm around me and his face kind of slightly rubbing up against my fur. This was one of the cutest things I had ever seen and I didn’t really want it to end but I knew that we had been asleep for long enough and that we probably should get up now. I lightly stroked the top of his head with my hoof and whispered in his ear.

“It’s time to get up Emerald sweetie you don’t want to sleep the whole day away do you”

He stirred a little slowly opened his eyes and looked up at me and smiled.

“Good morning Twi I mean Momma”

“Good morning Emerald did you sleep well”

He just nodded while snuggling up closer to me. This was something I don’t think he would normally do but after opening up about some of the stuff that was bothering him last night I think it really helped him to learn to trust us more. This got me thinking about what he did tell us. All about that voice he said he heard since he arrived here and something about a vague dream he had the other day. I wasn’t entirely sure what it all meant but what I did know is that we would figure it out together. Suddenly my thoughts were interrupted by a touch to one of my wings which was Emerald who was looking at me worriedly, I must have been thinking for too long so for now I decided to push those thoughts aside and enjoy the day with my son.

“Come on let’s go see what we can fix for lunch” I said with a smile.

He smiled back as we got out of bed and made our way down stairs. Spike was of course already down there reading one of his comic books but when we came down he look up.

“Hey you two finally decided to get up”

“You know we had a perfectly good reason for sleeping so late which by the Spike why are you up so early usually you like to sleep in”
He shrugged his shoulders “I don’t know I guess it’s become sort of a habit since you’ve been waking me up so early”

“Yeah I guess your right” I said with a light chuckle.”Anyway were going to go have a quick bite to eat and then I am going to take him by the school to meet Cherilee”

Emerald just looked at me in confusion so I figured I should explain it to him before I forgot.

“You see Emerald I thought it would be a good idea if you went to school like all of the other children and that way you can learn and make some new friends all at the same time”

He looked down at the ground with a hint of fear in his eye, which I knew I couldn’t let that stay there and I knew just the way to hopefully get rid of it.

“There’s no need to worry you’ll already no three little fillies in your class, Apple bloom, Sweetie bell e and I am sure that they’ll be able to help you make even more friends”

This seemed to ease his fear just at the mention of the three names which made me glad that I was able to suppress it now. I left him with spike while I made us a couple of sandwiches which didn’t take too long and one we finished eating we headed out the door.

“We should be too long Spike were just going to do a few things and then we’ll be right back”

“Alright I’ll probably just hang around here today so I’ll see you when you get back”

And with that we were out the door and heading to the school.

Emerald’s pov

We were on our way to a place called a school which made me a little more than nervous. My new mom had explained to me what a school was and that there would be a lot of fillies and colts there around my age. The only once that I met that I think we’re close to my age were Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, and Scootaloo but I wasn’t entirely sure of that since I didn’t even know how old I was. Regardless of that and my nerves may as long as I had them there I would be okay. Speaking of the three my mind suddenly began to drift only to Scootaloo and something strange I had been feeling ever since I met her. I wasn’t sure what it was exactly but all I knew was that it didn’t feel like something bad. Maybe I should ask mom about it now that I not as afraid to tell her things.

“Hey Emerald were almost there”

I just nodded while still in my own thoughts

“Is something the matter, you know you can tell me anything”
I looked at her for a minute and then nodded. “As a matter of ther-“Suddenly three voices called out to us and one of them particularly stood out to me.

“Hey Twilight, Hey Emerald” said the very three fillies that were on my mind not too long ago.

“Hey girls, did school just let out for the day”
They nodded vigorously. “As a matter of fact we were just comin to see if Emerald wanted to hang out” Apple bloom said as she looked at Emerald.

“Yeah and I wanted to show you some new moves that I’ve been practicing with my scooter” Scootaloo said slightly hovering above the ground.

“I would like to but momma and I have something to do first”
All three of them look a little dejected after hearing that especially Scootaloo and I was about to say something but mom beat me to it

“Don’t worry you all will be seeing a lot more of him soon”

This seemed to pique the curiosity as they all looked at Twilight and me.

“You see girls I was thinking of putting Emerald in the same school as you all that way he can learn and also make some new friends at the same time, We were just heading there now to talk to Cherilee”

All three girl just couldn’t contain there excitement as they began to jump around Twilight. Then Scootaloo stopped beside Twilight and looked at me with a gleam in her eyes.

“That is so awesome that me and you and um of course Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle Will get to see like all the time” She said with a slight blush.

I saw Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle look at each other and grin and then I looked at mom who looked like she was putting together some sort of puzzle. Was there something that I wasn’t getting ether way I would figure it out later?

“Well girls maybe Emerald can hang out with you all after we’re done talking to Cherilee”

“Yeah defiantly” I said

“Alright then, hey do mind if we go ahead and wait at the library”

“Of course not spike is still there so if you need anything just ask him alright”

“Alright” all three of them said in unison as they began to run in the direction of the library why’ll waving back at us.

We waved back and then we continued on our way to the school.

Scootaloo’s pov

We were now heading to the library when I all of a sudden heard snickering behind me which caused me to let out a deep sigh. I turned around to glare at the two culprits.

“What” I said somewhat annoyed.

“Oh it’s nothing” Apple Bloom said with that grin still on her face.

“Then Sweetie Belle with the same grin said “it just that” she then paused as her and Apple Bloom look at each other and began to sing a familiar melody that really didn’t want to here right now.

“Scootaloo and Emerald sitting in a tree k-i-s-s-i-n-g”

“Oh shut up” was the only response I could give as I picked up the pace. This was one of the most embarrassing things to ever happen to me and having these two know made it even worse.

“Were only pickin scoots”

“Yeah we actually think it’s really great that you've found your special somepony”
I turned around as quickly as I could with my face being as red as it could possibly be. “He is NOT my special somepony”

“Oh come on it is defiantly obvious that ya like him “

“Yeah so why not just tell him already”

“Well um I well you see it’s just that” I just couldn't seem to find the right words. Even I had to admire that it was painfully obvious to everypony, everypony except Emerald thank goodness. It’s just that when I first met him and I started to feel this way I wasn't really sure what to make of it. I mean I’m not use to feeling this way and I am not really sure what to do. It’s like I can’t really control what I say and do when I’m around him or even thinking about him for that matter. Also even if I did end up telling him what would I say and what if he doesn't feel the same way, we did just meet a few days ago after all. I just didn't know what to do. Suddenly I was broken out of my thoughts by two hoofs draped over each of my sides.

“Don’t worry I’m sure you’ll be able to tell him when the time it right” Apple Bloom said while Sweetie Belle just nodded in agreement.

“Thanks you two” I said as I notice that we had finally made it to our destination. But right before I opened the door I could hear them humming that same tune they sang a minute ago.

“Oh shut up” I said except this time more playfully and with a slight chuckle.

Twilight’s pov

We had finally arrived at the school and it appeared that all the children had left for the day. We entered the school to see Miss Cherilee sitting at her desk grading papers I think and she appeared to not have noticed us yet so I cleared my throat which seemed to get her attention.

“Oh Twilight I didn’t hear you come in” she then seem to take notice of Emerald on my back “and who do we have here” she said getting up from her desk and moving towards us.

“Cherilee this is Emerald he’s my son”

She had a look of shock and confusion so I thought it best if I explained a bit further.

“You see me and spike found him a few days ago without any memories so I decided to take him in to my home and look after him until he could get his memories back but after spending some time with him I started to care about him more than I thought I could about anypony so decided to adopt him though now that I think about it I probably should sign some paper work to make it official” I said chuckling at the end.
She nodded in what I guess was understanding and then spoke. “That’s great Twilight you taking him in and all but what does that have to do with you coming to see me” she said with a slightly raised eyebrow.

“Well you see I think it would be for the best if he attended school like all of the other children so that he could get an education and be around other children”

“Oh I see well that sounds like a wonderful idea, he could probably start tomorrow if you’d like”

“That would be great wouldn’t it Emerald” I said looking back at him. He just nodded with what I could tell was still uncertainty.

Cherilee pulled out some paperwork that she had just in case of new students. I filled out what I could of them which didn’t take very long and then everything was all set.

“So is that all then”

“Yes everything should be in order he can start first thing tomorrow morning”

“Great, well then I guess will be going then”

“Alighty then” she then looked at Emerald. “It was nice to me you Emerald”

“I-It was nice to meet you to miss” He said while covering part of his face with my mane.

We then walked out the door while waving our goodbyes and then headed to our next stop which was Rarity’s. We stopped by to pick up the clothes that she had made for Emerald yesterday and I also explained to her where Sweetie Belle was and then we left just as quick as we had arrived as we made our way back to the library. Upon arriving we could here all sorts of commotion going on from within so I immediately swung open the door to find all three of the crusaders on one of the tallest latter’s I had and then on each other’s shoulders to reach the very top shelve while spike seemed to be telling them to be careful.

“What are you three doing?”

This seemed to startle them as they all crashed down to the floor.

“N-Nothing we w-were just looking for a book t-that’s all” came a response from Scootaloo while rubbing her head.

“What book could you have possibly been looking for on the top shelves?”

“N-Never mind it was nothing, anyway can Emerald come with us now”

“Of course he can as long as you all promise to be careful”

“We promise” they all said.

“Alright then you four have fun then”

I then let Emerald off of my back as the three egger young fillies all ran towards us.

“H-Hey Emerald you can ride on my back if you want” Scootaloo said with a blush which Emerald seemed to have as well but he nodded none the less. He then got onto her back and they headed out the door.

“Don’t stay out too late”

“I won’t”

I then closed the door and went to clean up the books that had came down with them when they fell. While I was doing this I notice a pattern with the books that I was picking up. They were all romance book and about special someponys/crushes, why were they looking at these kind of books.