• Published 6th Mar 2014
  • 5,406 Views, 68 Comments

Never Forget - Pokemon of the Night



A young kid arrives in a colorful new world with no memories of who he once was. Soon after his arrival he meets some creatures who offer to help him. But retrieving what he has lost may not be so easy that is if he even wants to at all.

  • ...
18
 68
 5,406

Nothing or Something

Darkness that pretty much sums it up. I was floating or maybe I was staying still, that's just it I couldn't tell, all I did know was that I existed in one form or another I at least knew that much. I couldn't feel, see or even move all I could do was exist and possibly think from time to time, now that I think about it maybe that's why I knew I existed because I was thinking or at least that I had some form of self awareness. I don't know how long I've been here or even where here is all I do know is one emotion and I don't even know why I feel it, that emotion is fear. As I did whatever it was I was doing in the darkness/nothing I started to sense something I had never sensed before. All of a sudden there was a voice that was either in my head or all around me. All it did was laugh which ended up putting more fear into me then I usually felt, then it said "looks like your time is coming to an end" and then I couldn't feel it anymore. The next thing that happened was completely new to me. A white light illuminated the entire darkness to the point where instead of only seeing black now all I could see was white.

I just laid there for who knows how long to afraid to move as my world slowly started to fade away back to black but this time it felt different, it didn't feel like the same darkness I was in. Finally though something inside of me decided to try something that it had never done before and that is open my eyes. Suddenly colors came pouring in from all sides which I could do nothing to stop. After a few minutes at least to me it was since time itself seemed to be a new concept to me after all that time in the darkness, anyway after a few minutes of temporary blurriness from all of the colors everything started to clear up but I was still mildly confused. I looked around and noticed that I was laying next to what seemed to be a pond or at least some form of water, there were a few ducks there but nothing else. There also were a few trees nearby but there wasn't really anything special about them. The final thing I noticed was that there was a forest in the distance. I immediately averted my eye because of this strange feeling I got from the forest. Once I notice there was nothing else around me I tried to stand up but I immediately regretted that decision because as soon as I stood up I fell right back down, it was almost as if I had never walked before or maybe my legs were asleep I wasn't quite sure. I just sat there not sure if I should try again but I figured I couldn't just stay here forever so I decided to try again. Of course I fell down a few more times but after about the six or seventh time I finally started to walk even if it was a little slow and wobbly. I wasn't real sure which direction I was heading in but I figured that it was better than not heading in any direction so I just walked in whatever direction I was facing. I walked for awhile still stumbling along the way but after some time I saw something in the distance it looked like a small town of some kind. I started to walk towards it but suddenly I came to a stop. There were voices in my head telling me to not go into the town, telling me that they might try and harm me or even kill me. I don't know what brought these thoughts or voices into my head but because of them I didn't move an inch with fear evident on my face and I also this caused me to not pay attention to my surroundings.


I was walking along the path leading to Sweet Apple Acres with Spike to meet the rest of our friends when spike decided to ask me a question.


"Hey twilight why are we going to Sweet Apple Acres again."

I sighed " I told you spike I don't know all Applejack said was for me to come over around 1:00 P.M."

"If she only said for you to come over why am I going."

"Because I said so that's why now stop asking all these question were almost half way there."

"Fine" Spike said with a defeated sigh.


Spike then caught something unusual looking out of the corner of his eye. After squinting his eyes and focusing on it his eyes suddenly got very large.

"H-H-Hey Twilight."

Sigh "What is it now spike."

"Is that what I think it is."

"What" she said as she came to a halt and look back at him.


She then noticed that he was pointing so she followed his claw to see what he was pointing at. At first she didn't notice anything but then she saw something that looked a little out of place but she still couldn't make it out so she had to squint her eyes like spike did and when she finally realized what she was looking at her eyes got bigger than they ever have before.


I still hadn't moved, still in a trance of fear that is until something broke my trance. That something was something taped me on my side so I decided to look over to see what it was. When I did I nearly fell over for the hundredth time. Standing right beside me was some kind of creature well actually two of them but they looked very different from each other. They both had purple on them but the smaller of the two who was sitting on the big ones back also had some green on it while the bigger one only had different shades of purple. another feature or two I noticed about the bigger one was that it had some kind of horn coming out though its hair and also a pair of wings on its sides. It then cleared its throat like it was about to speak which unfortunately for me it did.


"Hello my name is Twilight Sparkle and this is spike and you are."


That pushed me over the edge, in other words I fainted returning once again to a world of darkness.

Author's Note:

This one kind of just came to me recently and I wasn't even sure if I was even gonna do it but I figured why not so I did it. Anyway there isn't really much else to say just tell me what ya think and tell me if there is anything I can improve on. Thanks for reading!