• Published 15th Feb 2014
  • 1,266 Views, 5 Comments

Heart of Gold (A Hearts and Hooves Day Special) - Golden Flare



For a certain stallion, all hope seems lost when he can't find someone he can call, "My Special Somepony", until a weird mare gives him hope again.

  • ...
3
 5
 1,266

Heart of Gold

~~Heart of Gold (Hearts and Hooves Day Special)~~

It was a normal Hearts and Hooves Day in Ponyville, practically everypony had a someone special for today. Except for a stallion with a red coat, yellow mane, and deep blue eyes. His name was Golden Flare. He and Spike were walking along the roads of Ponyville, prepared for the lovely holiday.

"I'm tellin' ya, Golden, Rarity is DEFINITELY going to be my special somepony!"

Golden smiled and rolled his eyes, "Look, Spike, I've only been in Ponyville a few months, and I think I can already come to a conclusion that Rarity-" He stopped and looked at Spike, giving him a puppy-dog look on his face. He thought for a moment, and continued, "-will absolutely love the praise you'll give her."

Spike smiled, "You really think so? Oh yeah! Now I'm REALLY pumped!"

Golden just grinned upon the overly-excited dragon. "Well, good luck, Spike. I'm gonna find a lovely mare of my own." Golden said, ending their conversion.

"Alright, see ya later!" Spike replied as he ran towards Carousel Boutique.

Golden continued on his path, headed to the library, "Ok, Golden, you can do this, you're a storywriter, she's the princess's student who lives in a library, we're both professionals. after all, what could possibly go wrong?" Golden thought to himself as he approached the door. He raised his hoof and firmly knocked.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!

Hoofsteps came from inside, Golden checked himself over until the door opened, inside stood a lavender alicorn with purple eyes and a purple mane and tail with a pink streak and a couple lighter streaks of purple. "Oh, hey Golden, what's up?"

Golden quickly grew nervous, but he spoke either way, "Um, Twilight, will you, um, be my special somepony for Hearts and Hooves day?"

With a rose in his hoof, Golden stretched it out to Twilight, she just stared at him for a moment, then began to speak, "Wow, um, Golden, this is really sweet of you, but I'm not really looking for a relationship right now." Golden became wide-eyed very quickly, "Maybe you could ask somepony else? Well, happy Hearts and Hooves Day!" Twilight said as she closed the door, leaving behind a shocked and confused Golden Flare.

He regained his composure and walked away from the library. "Ok, that didn't go as successfully as I'd hoped, but there are other mares in Ponyville, I'm sure one of is bound to be my special somepony!" Golden thought.

He went all over Ponyville, asking every mare he could find to be his special somepony. He went to Rainbow Dash to begin his search, "Sorry, pal, you're not my type, you're too much of an egghead." Rainbow Dash said, leaving behind a disappointed Golden after she flew off.

He decided to see Applejack next, only to get the same results, "Sorry, ah don't need ah coltfriend right now, but thanks fer yer offer!" Applejack went back to work as Golden left the farm with his head hanging low.

He was on his way to Fluttershy's cottage when he saw an unusual sight, it was Pinkie Pie juggling small, heart-shaped cakes, on her way to deliver them to the buyer, until she tripped and the cakes flew up and came down and splattered all over her, she just start laughing at the mess she made.

"Not. A. Chance." Golden thought to himself, he always thought Pinkie was weird and crazy, so he hardly ever approached her.

He continued on his route to Fluttershy's humble home, and when he got there, she rejected him as well, "I'm so sorry, Golden, but I need to care for my animal friends, a relationship might not be a good idea for me right now." She closed the door and Golden left with a tear gliding out his face.

Golden just started walking around town, asking random mares to be his special somepony, and they all left him with the same answer, "No."

Golden was becoming desperate.

Spike came up to Golden to tell him how everything went, "Well, she liked my praise, just like you said she would, but she didn't accept my offer." Golden just looked at him with a depressed expression on his face. "Whoa, are you ok?" Spike asked.

Golden just shook his head, he couldn't bear to listen to his own voice anymore. Rarity trotted by Spike and Golden, smiling, when Golden rushed up to Rarity and asked, "Will you be my special somepony?"

Rarity just stood there and answered back, "Why, I'm sorry, Golden, but I'm just not interested. Terribly sorry."

She began trotting again past Golden, Spike walked up to him with a concerned look on his face, but inside, he's trying to hide his anger, "Rarity? Really? You're THAT desperate?" Golden just opened up his wings and flew off with his tears blinding him. "Golden, wait!" Spike yelled for him. "I gotta find Twilight!" Spike rushed to the library as fast as his little dragon legs could carry him.

Golden sat on his haunches, crying his eyes out under a tree just outside of Ponyville. He felt like he had nothing, no one to love, not even a shoulder to cry on. As the sun went down, Hearts and Hooves Day was beginning to end, but Golden didn't care anymore.

"Hey... Are you ok?" a unknown voice asked.

Golden looked up and saw the pink mare that covered herself with cake earlier today; it was Pinkie Pie.

"What do you want?" Golden asked, fighting back his tears.

"I saw that you were sad and I came to cheer you up. What's wrong?" Pinkie replied.

Golden hesitated, but he tried to explain without completely losing his composure, "I was rejected by every mare in Ponyville, no one wants to be my special somepony."

Pinkie brushed his mane with her hoof to try and calm him down, "Listen Golden, you can't expect everypony to love you, but I think you're a wonderful stallion, any mare would be lucky to date you."

Golden looked up at the soothing pink mare and stared in awe, "You... You really think so?"

Pinkie snapped up, "You betcha!"

Golden suddenly began to think, "Maybe she's not as crazy as I thought she was." Golden picked up the rose he had from before and held it in front of her, "Pinkie..." "I must be outta my mind... but she's nice. Maybe I really do kinda like her." "...will you be, 'My Very Special Somepony'?" Golden clenched his eyes shut and braced himself for her answer.

"YES!" His eyes snapped open and without warning, Pinkie pulled Golden in closer and kissed him. Golden's began to close slowly as he enjoys the warming embrace of Pinkie's lips.

"GOLDEN! GOLDEN, WHERE ARE-" Twilight and her friends rushed to find Golden to make sure he was ok, then they found him, kissing Pinkie Pie.

"P-PINKIE!?" Rainbow Dash shouted.

Golden and Pinkie broke off their kiss to look at their friends.

"Golden, are you ok?!" Spike hurriedly asked.

"I am now." Golden answered.

"Wait, is Pinkie your..." Spike began.

"Eeyup." Golden replied, imitating Big Macintosh.

"But I don't understand, how, I mean, why, er, uhh," Spike was trying to comprehend what was going on.

Golden and Pinkie looked at each other, smiled, and looked back at Spike, "It's a secret, Spike. It's a secret." Golden said.

The couple got up and walked back to Ponyville with Golden putting his wing around her. The others were still confused, but they walked back to Ponyville, right behind them. Golden still couldn't believe it.

He had a Very Special Somepony.

THE END

Author's Note:

Happy Valentine's Day and Happy Hearts and Hooves Day!!!

Comments ( 5 )

go figure, you and pinke make a cutie couple:derpytongue2:

Cute little story, not much in the way of details, but passable.

What if you did this series in the way of EqG?

Login or register to comment