• Published 31st Jan 2014
  • 453 Views, 1 Comments

Outsider: A Time for Change - Sillyponyme



What happens when a Changeling sets out to capture Sweetie Belle to lure Rarity into a trap but finds himself falling in love with Sweetie.

  • ...
10
 1
 453

Shattered Dreams, New Beginnings

Sweetie could hear voices all around her talking but she couldn’t find the strength to wake up. ‘Has she improved?’ That was definitely Twilight talking.

‘Yes, the doctors say that she will be fine, she was lucky she didn’t paralyze herself.’ That voice, it belonged to Crush. Apparently she was in the hospital but what happened?

‘I’ll say; why did she have to do that?’ It was Twilight again and she sounded disappointed. She heard hoof steps come closer.

‘How is my sister, will she live?’ That was the last thing Sweetie heard before she fell into a deep sleep.


“Look, she is moving.” Sweetie Belle’s eyes fluttered open slowly; the light in the room blinded her. “Shut the blinds.” Sweetie couldn’t exactly see yet but she could tell it was Twilight speaking. Sweetie though unable to see tried to sit up but a rather large hoof kept her down, it wasn’t Twilights. “Hold on Sweetie Belle, don’t rush.” As her vision became clearer, she found the hoof belonged to Crush.

“What’s going on?” Sweetie looked around as best she could; her neck was a bit sore.

“You’re in the hospital, now how are you?” Twilight struggled to keep her voice down.

Sweetie could finally see clearly and smiled as she at Twilight. A sharp pain shot through her head. She grabbed onto her head and rubbed it, she had a headache. “Other then a headache, I’m fine.” Sweetie thought about it and then nodded. “Yeah, I’m fine.”

Twilight let out a sigh. “Good, I’d hate to be angry with you when you don’t feel good.” Twilight took a second and then began her yelling. “ARE YOU INSANE, WHAT THE HAY WERE YOU THINKING USING YOUR MAGIC LIKE THAT!? YOUR STUPID MOVE MADE EVERYPONY WORRIED SICK! YOUR’E LUCKY YOU DIDN’T DIE!” Twilight shocked everpony in the room, Sweetie was the most shocked. Twilight calmed herself and spoke softly. “All that I’ve ever asked of you is that you don’t use powerful magic and I gave you the reasons why.” Twilight inhaled slowly and then spoke again. “I can’t believe that I have to say this to you but you are never to use your magic again.”

“Wait what, you can’t tell me not to use something I’m good at. You always told me that I have a special talent with magic and singing, that’s what my cutie mark says. You said that I’m incredibly powerful and yet you’re trying to keep me from using it. It’s one of my special talents, I-” Twilight cut her off angrily.

“I KNOW THAT, I know that but I’m not the one keeping you from using magic, you are. It’s because of what you did that you have lost your magic ability. You were so good with magic and now you can’t even use it. I’m sorry Sweetie Belle but you have a part false cutie mark because of what you did. It kills me too; you were so close to being able to use your magic at its full potential. I am very upset with you but I am even sadder for you. It only hurts more because I have to release you as my student. I can’t train a magic less unicorn in magic. That was my goal for you Sweetie; I wanted you to be the most impressive half horned unicorn. You, I’m sorry Sweetie; I’m no longer your teacher.” With that said Twilight turned and walked off sad and disappointed.

Sweetie just sat there, tears formed in her eyes. “Twilight, I’m sorry!” She yelled but Twilight vanished.

“Sweetie Belle, Twilight spoke so highly of you to all of us. She spoke about how even with half a horn, you could do more magic then she could when she was your age. Twilight told us that she was about to send you off to Celestia’s School for Gifted Unicorns.” Rarity said and Sweeties jaw dropped.

“Sweetie Belle, you were that good of a unicorn. I must say that I was skeptical when Twilight talked about how good you were. Never in history could a unicorn in your position do simple magic and not be sent to the hospital for weeks. When I saw you Sweetie Belle, I was pleasantly surprised. Twilight was right to take you in as a student. Twilight and I spoke about you and decided that when she thought you ready, you would join me at my school. You were so close, there were many excited to see you there. I’m sad to see you won’t be there now.” Celestia sat down on a nearby chair.

“I was supposed to be at your school?” Sweetie asked and began to tear up, a few tears slipped down her cheeks.

“Sweetie Belle, that doesn’t change my feelings for you.” Sweetie looked to her left. “I still love you Sweetie, nothing will change that.” Crush rubbed his head against Sweeties. “I don’t care if you can’t do magic, I’m just happy that you’re alive.”

“I’m proud of you Sweetie, about Crush, not the magic thing.” Rarity turned to Crush with a smile. “Thank you Crush, for being for my sister what I wasn’t. Even with the few days that you’ve known her. I would be proud to have you as a brother. My sister sure is lucky to have you Crush; I know you’ll be good to her. I wish I were like you, you never left Sweeties side this entire week she has been here and for that I am grateful.” Rarity walked over to Crush, gave him a big hug and then turned to her sister. “Go with him Sweetie Belle, be his queen and bring us into a new age of peace. The changelings need you to steer them in the right direction. Will you do that for me?” Sweetie Belle nodded and the two hugged. “By the way Sweetie Belle, your roommate is Headhunter. He will be ok but he will be here for a few weeks.”

“That’s good to hear Rarity.” Sweetie looked to her left at the curtain that separated the beds.

“Like you Sweetie Belle, he was barely alive.” Rarity smiled and continued to speak with her sister.

Outside the room, Twilight paced back and forth wondering what she would do now. She knew that Crush and Sweetie Belle wouldn’t ever separate again, she was sure of that. There were a few problems that arose that dealt with the two which meant trouble for Sweetie and it meant that there was only one option that she could think of. Twilight opened the door and looked at Celestia. “Princess Celestia, we need to talk.” Celestia stood up and walked out of the room.


“I now pronounce you Mare and Colt.” Twilight had been given the opportunity to marry off Sweetie Belle and Crush a year later. Headhunter, alive and kicking, was right there beside Crush. One side of Canterlot chapel was filled with Changelings and the other with the run of the mill pony folk. Despite Sweetie not having her magic to help her, both her and Crush were able to start to bring two rivaling races together. “Congratulations you two.”

In the back a single black Changeling with a red mane and tail; a single stripe of green ran down the middle of his mane and tail; stood and left upset with the ceremony. “Soon Crush, I will have your head along with that phony queen of yours and I know just how to do it, the Legend of the Outsider.”

The End

Author's Note:

So if you want a sequel let me know. If I don't get a comment or anything saying yay to a continuation then I won't bother to continue it. This story was a bit of an experiment as I wanted to figure out how to use the site, so if I screwed up doing something i wouldn't freak out about it.

Comments ( 1 )

sequel please

Login or register to comment