• Published 31st Jan 2014
  • 453 Views, 1 Comments

Outsider: A Time for Change - Sillyponyme



What happens when a Changeling sets out to capture Sweetie Belle to lure Rarity into a trap but finds himself falling in love with Sweetie.

  • ...
10
 1
 453

Rarity

Last night had been a shock, at least for Sweetie Belle anyway. She hadn’t expected Rarity to come back. When Rarity appeared in the library, which was quite the surprise but not a good one. At least it wasn’t a long night.

“Rarity!” Sweetie’s eyes grew to the size of bowling balls.

“It’s so good to see you Sweetie Belle; I’ve missed you so much. Come give your sister a big hug.” Rarity stretched out her hooves for Sweetie but received a most unwanted reaction.

“Excuse me; you don’t deserve a hug after what you put me through. I don’t want anything to do with you.” Sweetie pushed past her sister and then stopped. “Don’t you dare call me your sister.” With that said she marched to her room that Twilight had allowed her to stay in.

Sweetie woke up in her bed and hoped that last night with Rarity had just been a dream. Everything around her looked the same. She stretched and yawned as she got out of bed. “I am not that lucky.” Sweetie walked out her door and ran into Twilight. “Hello and good morning.” Twilight looked either worried or upset or possibly both. “What’s wrong?”

“I know that you’re unhappy with Rarity, Sweetie Belle but did you have to be so mean last night. She came back for you and I know, you have the right to be angry with her. I’m upset with her as well but being cruel to her isn’t going to change anything.” Twilight smiled and wrapped a hoof around Sweetie Belle.

“I can hardly consider what I said last cruel and I’m not going to be nice to her Twilight, she doesn’t deserve it.” Sweetie walked past her mentor but heard Twilight ask her to talk to Rarity. “Why should I?” Sweetie mumbled as she made her way into the kitchen where Rarity was found eating. “Never mind, I’ll eat something later.” She couldn’t believe that Twilight wanted her to talk with Rarity, the traitor who left her for dead as a filly.

“Sweetie Belle, wait, please.” Sweetie stopped but didn’t say anything. “I know you’re angry with me for leaving you three years ago and at such a terrible time but I love you Sweetie, can’t you please forgive me. I-” Rarity was cut off.

“Forgive you, you know what you put me through? It’s because of you that this happened.” Sweetie stood on her hind legs showing off a scar on her chest. “You weren’t there for me when I needed you and now” Sweetie stopped seeing the pain on Rarity’s face. “That’s not the only thing that happened to me Rarity, because you weren’t there, this happened too.” Sweetie took off her hat revealing her broken horn and began to cry. “Twilight, Applejack, all of them were so busy trying to protect everypony that they couldn’t save me. Twilight tried really hard though, oh did she try and it’s all because you weren’t there for me. You left me as a filly, a scared filly!” Sweetie put her hat back on. “I hate you so much, you left me for dead and forced the others to help me. I don’t want to see you.” With that said and Sweetie teleported out of the building.

“How did-” Rarity started to say but was cut off by Twilight.

“I taught her how to use her magic, she is very talented Rarity. The only problem is that she uses up three times as much magic reserve then a normal Unicorn. That’s not the only thing though, when she uses her magic, her body takes damage. As long as she uses weaker spells she’ll be just fine, maybe some sore muscles or maybe her back will ache for a few hours, nothing big.” Twilight went over to the couch and sat down. “When Sweetie was scared, one of our friends or I would go to comfort her because you weren’t there for her. I just want to know one thing, why did you go Rarity?”

“That is none of your business Twilight.”

“I suppose not Rarity, but it is your sisters and if you want to keep her as a sister, then I suggest that you tell her.” Twilight stood up off the couch. “You don’t see how much you’ve hurt her do you?” Rarity looked away sadly. “I guess you do, you just don’t seem to care enough. You just don’t understand what being a family is do you? They always have your back, I just got a letter from your parents saying that they are on their way to see Sweetie Belle. They tried to multiple times before but when the war started they weren’t allowed. They even tried to sneak in a few times just to see her which is more then Sweetie asked for. The worst part is that she didn’t want her parents, Sweetie wanted you.”

“I asked her to leave with me, that wasn’t my fault!” Rarity raised her voice and her eyes filled with water.

“Then you should have stayed, she was far too scared to leave until she got hurt but guess who wasn’t there for her. You need to tell her why you left because I can’t believe that you left because you didn’t want to fight. That’s not all, you need to tell her why you adopted a colt. You have to come clean Rarity.” Twilight glared but had kept her voice calm for the entire conversation.

“I can’t do that Twilight, she would think I’m trying to replace her.” Rarity heard a small voice behind them.

“Mommy, why are you talking loud and why are you telling the princess lady that I’m adopted?” The small colt asked.

“Greyfire, I’ll tell her, now please go back to bed.” Rarity said to the small grey colt with Amethyst mane and tail. The young colt went back to bed; Twilight stared at the young colt sweetly as he left.

Once the colt was gone, Twilight turned to Rarity. “What did you mean by I’ll tell her?”

“Greyfire is my biological son Twilight which just makes telling Sweetie Belle even harder.” Rarity turned away from Twilight.

“You left Sweetie in this much pain just so that you could screw around with somepony!?” Rarity didn’t say anything and it left a different meaning in Twilight’s head. “Wait, you weren’t, were you, because if you were, Sweetie would understand. That wasn’t your fault.” Rarity then left in a full sprint out the door and left tear drops behind her. “Rarity, what are you hiding from her?”