• Published 31st Jan 2014
  • 453 Views, 1 Comments

Outsider: A Time for Change - Sillyponyme



What happens when a Changeling sets out to capture Sweetie Belle to lure Rarity into a trap but finds himself falling in love with Sweetie.

  • ...
10
 1
 453

Sweetest Meeting

Sweetie Belle walked down one of the tunnels hearing the small cries of colts and fillies. What was left of her horn sparked as she ran toward the cries. The poor fillies and colts that had ended up in the middle of this had very little joy. The war had caused so much pain for the young, the old and everypony in-between including herself. Once she reached the end of the tunnel, she smiled widely and began singing. The little ones quickly began to calm at hearing her voice until a certain filly broke a toy of hers. “Come now little filly, don’t cry.” Sweetie went over and looked at the wooden makeshift toy. That was all they had anymore and it was sad to lose a toy or have one break.

Sweetie picked up the toy and looked at it. It was a very fragile wooden pony and it had snapped in half. She went to set the toy down when a spark ignited from what was left of her horn. A small crooked beam of light green magic shot out toward the toy and began to fix it. Sweetie and the others in the room were shocked to see this including Twilight who was peeking in from behind.

“Sweetie Belle, that’s amazing, both what just happened with your horn and your cutie mark.” Twilight said shocked.

Sweetie looked at her flank and found what appeared to be a magically enhanced bell. “What do you think it means Twilight?” Twilight didn’t answer, everything and everypony quickly faded.

Sweetie shot up from her bed and looked at her flank. Right there on her flank was her cutie mark, a silver bell surrounded by a light green glow. “It all really happened, one good thing came from the war, a cutie mark that represents two special talents.” Sweetie inhaled and smiled. “I still can’t believe that Twilight took me in as her student that day or that she had time for me at all.” Sweetie stood up and put on her hat that Twilight gave her. Her horn had been broken the day Chrysalis attacked but Twilight refused to speak of it unless it concerned her safety.


Crush awoke early to the sounds of birds chirping, a strange sound to wake up to or at least by what he was used to. This had actually been peaceful, oddly comforting. His moment of peace would have to end if he was to find his target. He cleared his head of thoughts and looked out the window. There was only one way to find Rarity’s sister, he would have to get close to Rarity. He shook his mane back and forth and then let it fall in front of his face. “I must find her.” Crush had been allowed to stay in a hotel for one night thanks to Twilight but security had their eyes on him all night and he knew it.

“First things first, find Rarity.” Crush felt a rumble in his stomach. “Maybe I’ll grab a bite to eat first.” Crush went around town looking for some kind of place to eat and avoid the princesses the best he could, specifically Twilight. Luckily she was too busy to pay attention but that didn’t keep others from watching him. It didn’t help his nerves to have everypony watching his every move. He was new in town and it wasn’t timely, so it was to be expected. Soon he found one place that still stood, somewhat. The building was still standing but the roof was gone and there were holes where windows should be. It was a very pink building with candy cane support beams. Sweet treats wasn’t something he wanted for breakfast; he could only assume that that was what was sold there seeing the décor of the building. He was just about to leave when his stomach growled once again. “Maybe something sweet wouldn’t be too bad first thing in the morning.” Crush walked in when a very pink pony ran over to him.

“Hi, you’re new here. I know you’re new because I’ve never seen you before and I know everypony. I’m Pinkie Pie by the way, you’re going to have such a great party-” Pinkie looked around for a second. “-Once things get back to normal anyway; stupid changelings messing up our homes. So you hungry?” Pinkie ran over to the counter.

“Yeah and do you know Rarity by chance?” Crush didn’t need to ask, he knew what the mane six looked like and their names but he couldn’t let anypony else know.

“Oh yeah but she isn’t in Ponyville right now, she went out on business.” ‘Three years ago.’ Pinkie mumbled. “She should be back in a week.” ‘At least that’s what she said in the letter I got.’ Pinkie mumbled again and tossed over some cupcakes to Crush. “What’s your name by the way?”

“I’m Crush, I heard that Rarity has some excellent designs and I’d love to get a dress for my sister. She has her cute-ceañera and I wanted to get something special for her. It’s going to be in two weeks but I thought I’d get a head start.” Crush smiled but wanted nothing more then to get away from the pink pony.

“Oh, that’s so fun, so where are you staying?” Pinkie asked but got called back by Mr. Cake. “I’ll be back, I’m needed.”

“Oh no, don’t worry, I need to get going.” Pinkie shrugged and then hopped off.

Once Crush left the building, Pinkie looked back and watched as Crush walked away from the building. “I’m watching you buddy.”

Crush inhaled and relaxed. “If I have to talk to her ever again, I’m going to freak out.” He left in a hurry after finishing his cupcake that he stuffed in his mouth. “Great, now I have to wait a week, mother isn’t going to be happy about that.” Crush continued on his way until he came to a bridge just past town hall and noticed Twilight not too far away. “Crap.” Crush turned left immediately, ran into the river and swam across doing his best to avoid Twilight and her friends or anypony that may be spying on him. Once he reached the other side of the river he found himself at Sweet Apple Acres. “This is just as bad.” Crush turned to leave when a voice was heard behind him. He flinched and grimaced.

“Howdy, ah-oh it’s you.” Applejack was told about the new pony and hadn’t meant to come off mean but its hard not to in this situation except for Pinkie. Pinkie did a good job at keeping a low profile when it came to talking with Crush which was completely backwards and just plain weird. Pinkie Pie, the most hyperactive pony in Equestria was able to keep things looking seemingly normal. Maybe she trusted possibly too much or it was possibly her way of keeping an eye on him. Regardless, Twilight had warned all of them of the new pony and explained how she didn’t trust him. The only one not informed was Rarity. She left the moment that the war started, she refused to fight in such a battle but hadn’t told anypony that except Twilight. Twilight hardly believed her but she couldn’t stop her friend from leaving. “Ah apologize, welcome.”

“Its ok and thank you, you don’t happen to know of anywhere I can get a bite to eat do you? Sweet treats just aren’t gonna cut it.” Crush didn’t want to stick around but the less suspicion on him the better and bolting away from the mare talking to him wouldn’t do him any favors.

“We have some fresh pancakes if you would like some.” AJ received a nod and led the stallion to her home. “Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash are already there.” Once the two arrived Crush was received with an angry glare and a curious one. “Hey you two, Crush here is goin to have breakfast with us.”

“Thanks AJ but I have to grab mine and go remember.” Soon a stack of pancakes were placed in front of them and Rainbow took hers and ran off. “I can’t keep Luna waiting.”

“It’s nice to meet you.” Fluttershy stuffed pancake into her mouth and ran off.

“Nice friends, I’ll just assume that they’re busy.” The two chuckled and then began eating, neither spoke a word. Crush wanted nothing more then to leave but unfortunately he couldn’t. No matter what happened, he felt trapped. He couldn’t eat too fast or his host would definitely suspect something if she didn’t already and after saying that he was hungry, he had to eat fairly quick. Soon enough AJ and Crush finished eating without a single word of conversation the entire time. “Thanks for breakfast; I’ll just be on my way.” Crush tried to keep his pace normal as he left so as not to make Applejack suspicious but who was he kidding, he was sure that all the elements of harmony knew something was off. It didn’t matter though, he had to try and keep a low profile. Once he was outside and out of sight, he booked it in a random direction.

Once he stopped, he turned and looked in the direction of the barn and was happy to know that he wasn’t followed. He breathed in a sigh of relief and turned back around. Unfortunately he bumped into somepony and they both fell over. “My apologies.” Crush helped the other up and in front of him stood a white mare, she was about his size and had a light green glowing silver bell for a Cutie Mark. She was wearing a purple dress hat; her green eyes shone in the light of the sun and her light purple and pink mane appeared to sparkle. “Hi, I’m Cru, Cru, I’m Crush.”

“Hello Cru Cru Crush, I’m Sweetie Belle.” She teased and made his cheeks turn red. “So what are you doing way out here anyway?”

“I uh, Applejack is kind of scary.” Truth was it was the whole mane six that freaked him out. “It’s just Crush by the way.”

“I figured that much and Applejack is a tough one but she really is a good friend. You don’t want to be on the other side of her hooves though.” Sweetie smiled.

“So what are you doing way out here?” Crushed asked having a hard time figuring out what to say.

“My friends and I fixed up an old club house out here. Now that we’ve found our Cutie marks, it’s been hard to get together. It’s odd that I’m the only one of the three of us that has time to come back here but of course the war didn’t help any. Anyway, I noticed, if you don’t mind me asking, you don’t have your Cutie Mark yet-” Sweetie saw Crush flinch as if in pain. “Don’t worry about it; you don’t have to tell me. What do you say we go to Sugarcube Corner and grab something to eat?”

“Does that place have candy cane support beams?” Sweetie nodded. “I was there earlier and I’m not to into going back.” Crush rubbed his left foreleg nervously. “By the way, nice hat, who gave it too you.” Sweetie turned her head away not really interested in talking about the hat. “Right; I get it, sometimes there are things that you just don’t want to talk about.”

“Don’t worry about it and there is a donut shop not too far away from here. At least there was one, never mind.” Sweetie smiled.

“I need a place to stay tonight; you think I could use the clubhouse. I get the feeling that there aren’t many that like me here.”

“Sure, why not, but I can’t imagine why anypony wouldn’t like you.” Sweetie walked by Crush and then turned her head toward him. “I know I do.” Sweetie flicked him with her tail and walked off. “I’ll see you later.”

Crush just watched, stunned as Sweetie walked off and out of sight before he recovered his composure. “No Crush, I need to find Rarity’s sister whoever she is though I suppose spending time with Sweetie Belle wouldn’t be too bad while I search out the sister.” Crush began daydreaming again and let out a long sigh before heading toward the clubhouse or assuming he was. After just one encounter and the mare he met drove him crazy, he couldn’t stop think about Sweetie Belle. There was one problem with that though, Chrysalis wouldn’t approve of his feelings.