• Published 31st Jan 2014
  • 453 Views, 1 Comments

Outsider: A Time for Change - Sillyponyme



What happens when a Changeling sets out to capture Sweetie Belle to lure Rarity into a trap but finds himself falling in love with Sweetie.

  • ...
10
 1
 453

Morning in Zecora's Hut

Twilight had woken up early and went to Zecora’s to check up on Sweetie. She knew that Sweetie wouldn’t be awake but she could at least check up on her student. Twilight arrived early, before Celestia could raise the sun, and knocked on the door. On the other side of the door, a large yawn could be heard and some slightly irritated grumbling. Once the door opened Zecora let out a loud yawn. “Hello Zecora, I apologize for coming so early but I was worried about Sweetie Belle, as her teacher I thought it best to check up on her.” Zecora nodded and lead Twilight into the back room of the hut. “How long has Rarity been here?”

“She has been here for only an hour-” Zecora said before getting cut off.

“An hour, she should have been here all night, I thought she would have stayed with Sweetie all night!” Twilight raised her voice and knew it too, how could Rarity leave her sister in such a state? “I’m sorry Zecora; I didn’t mean to raise my voice. I’m just worried about Sweetie is all, she isn’t happy with her sister and for reasons like this. Why don’t you go to bed and I’ll take care of things here.” Zecora nodded and left the room.

“I know Twilight; you don’t have to tell me how bad of a sister I’ve been.” Rarity had made sure to let Twilight finish before she spoke. She did cause Twilight to jump in surprise. Twilight should have expected it but she didn’t and was taken by surprise.

“Rarity, I didn’t mean, look; I can bet that you went out to look for Greyfire. I understand that he is your responsibility but so is your sister. You left a big scar on her heart when you left, she needs you. I will go get some guards to look for him but you will not leave this room until she is ok and you staying will be by your choice, got it?” Rarity wanted to argue but Twilight wouldn’t let her. “No, do you understand me?” Rarity nodded sadly. “I don’t want Sweetie looking to me when she has you.” The two heard a small voice coming from the bed.

“Don’t make her stay Twilight; I’m sure that she has better things to do then stay here with me.” Sweetie Belle turned to Rarity. “Better yet why don’t you just leave Rarity, I don’t need you here, Zecora did enough.” Rarity opened her mouth but no words formed. She lowered her head and walked out of the room leaving Sweetie with tears in her eyes. “I DON’T NEED YOU RARITY!” Sweetie screamed through her cries.

Twilight, instead of saying anything right away, went over and grabbed Sweetie in a hug. After a moment of peace, she spoke. “I’m sure that she loves you Sweetie Belle.”

"Now isn’t that the sweetest thing we’ve ever seen?” Twilight turned her head toward the sound of the voices and smiled. “How is she?”

“Hi Cadance, Shining Armor and I’m sorry, who is that?” Twilight asked seeing a dark pink filly with a purple and yellow mane and tail. “She is adorable.” Twilight chuckled.

“You’ve forgotten haven’t you Twilight, I left to help Cadance remember?” Shining Armor smiled ever so slightly as Twilight tried to remember.

“I remember you leaving and…oh pony feathers, how could I forget? I’m so sorry you two.” Twilight threw her head back and then let it drop.

“Hey, don’t worry about it, we probably would have forgotten too. You’ve been really busy the last three years.” Cadance pushed her little filly toward Twilight. “Go ahead sweet pea; go see your messy haired auntie Twilight.” Twilight looked at her mane and tail and chuckled. “Twilight, this is your little niece Skyla. She’ll warm up to you eventually.”

Twilight kneeled down next to her little niece and smiled. She looked just like her mother and it was just like when Cadance babysat Twilight but in reverse and there wasn’t a song involved. “Hi there Skyla.” Skyla backed up just a bit. Twilight looked up and saw Cadance and her brother with their hooves out. She shrugged and stuck her hoof out which was met with a tiny hoof and a small giggle. Skyla moved closer as her auntie giggled at the little filly’s reaction. Twilight put her hoof back on the ground and sighed. “I wish I could spend time with you but, I have a lot to take care of right now.”

“We’re here to help Twily, just tell us what we can do.” Shining Armor saluted his sister.

Twilight shook her head ready to deny the help when a thought came to mind. She did need someone to stay here with Sweetie but her friends would surely be busy trying to find Greyfire and she couldn’t just leave anypony with Sweetie. “Perhaps there is something that you can do for me, go take Skyla to the library and have Spike watch after her. I need you two to get some guards to go look for a small colt named Greyfire. They aren’t to go get him however, if they find him, they are too tell me or one of the others immediately. I could also use some help guarding the town, the guards will need to be out looking for the colt. That will leave Ponyville unguarded and I need to stay with Sweetie Belle.”

“No you don’t Twilight, I’ll be fine. I understand that you’re busy and right now I want my nephew found.” Shining Armor and Cadance looked at each other and then to Twilight but Sweetie Belle answered the unasked question. “Rarity has a colt of her own end of story.” Sweetie turned around angrily.

“We’ll take care of it Twilight, don’t worry.” Cadance and Shining Armor picked up Skyla and took her away.

Twilight turned to Sweetie and frowned. She took in a deep breath and let it out as a sigh. “Sweetie Belle, I know you won’t like this but could you do this for me?” Sweetie turned around, her eyes filled with tears. “I want you to go to Rarity’s and just hear her out even if she doesn’t deserve it. I want to be there for you all the time but I can’t and the others can’t either. I know that you’ve been able to help yourself often and I’m so proud of you. I just don’t want you to need help and not have it. I got lucky today with Shining Armor and Cadance and I know that you don’t need me here. I just don’t want you to feel abandoned.” Sweetie turned back around not liking the idea. “Please Sweetie Belle, don’t do it for your sister, do it for your sake and for mine.”

Sweetie let out a defeated sigh and nodded. “When I get better I’ll go listen to my sister for you, not for her. As for the feeling of abandonment, I wouldn’t feel that way Twilight, besides, I said you could go. I know that you need to, I’m not one of those ponies who say go but don’t mean it.”

“I know but I would still feel better if there were somepony here with you especially if Chrysalis came here. Zecora’s good but I feel responsible for you. You’ve been a great student Sweetie; you have a talent for magic, it’s something few have especially in your condition. Now until you get better, I’ll be right here watching over you.” Twilight lay down on the bed next to Sweetie Belle.

“Thank you Twilight, I love you.” Sweetie closed her eyes and fell asleep.

“I love you two Sweetie, you’re just like a daughter to me.” Twilight brushed some of Sweetie’s mane away from her face and smiled. She couldn’t say that Sweetie was like her sister, not now anyway. With the friction between Rarity and Sweetie, bringing another sister into the mix wouldn’t help anypony. “I just hope that you can love Rarity again.”