• Published 7th Jan 2014
  • 1,532 Views, 33 Comments

The Legacy of Dash the Stampede - JackTheEpic



Dash the Stampede, the legendary outlaw wanted dead or alive. With a reward for 60 billion double bits. With an ego just as big. This was 12 years ago, and the reward still stands, but the cities don't

  • ...
6
 33
 1,532

Trouble Brewing and Old Secrets

Journal Entry #346

Every day I reflect on my past, trying to find balance, love and peace. I think of the friends I have made over the last 12 years. Applejack, the hard working mare, descendent of the original farmers of this land, and a mare as honest as her work. She was the first true friend I made in this town. While her trade may be apples, her ability to detect lies is astounding. Her skill with a gun isn't bad either. Hell, we have competitions every other week over one thing or another. A mare after my own heart if I do say so my self.

Fluttershy, the timid Pegasus mare. Honestly I don't know how we became friends, but I suppose it is because of the fact that I admire her determination to find peace with the creatures of the land and the people, her skill with caring for children, and her resolve to not harm others but more importantly her oath to never kill a living creature. Her kindness is like none I have seen before, and most likely never will. She help out at the orphanage almost every day, and plays with the children like they were her own. Yet her peaceful demeanor conceals a braver side of her. I have seen her stand up to an overzealous bounty hunter that came into town one time, and he cowered away like he was up against every outlaw in the world at once. And once when I visited her house, I noticed the smell of gun cleaning solution, and when I asked about it she shied away from it initially, but after some coaxing I found out that she had a small pistol, that could easily be overlooked to it small demeanor.

Rarity, the "Fashionable" unicorn mare. While she and I disagree on most things, we do agree on some. While I find that dressing in practical clothing is better than "fashionable" clothing. We do agree that they must be though yet light, strong yet durable, tear resistance, and protective. We also agree that finding love is a noble goal, as long as you help others find theirs. Personally I think she was surprised that someone like myself would know about the craft of fashioning clothing. It surprised her even more that I was able to spot the hidden pouch in her dress, which I found out later contained a knife, and a pistol.

Pinkie Pie, the baker. She is well... confusing at times, yet I sense behind those eyes there is pain, joy, courage, love, and knowledge all hidden behind those bright eyes, and her bubbly personality. At first I was afraid of her, for she seemed to know everything, yet nothing at the same time. She always seems to have the ability to be in the right place at the right time, and she has an uncanny ability to sense when something is going to happen, whether good or bad. I was especially surprised when one day when I was at the saloon with her, some guy was hitting on her, and a Massive fell out from under her cloak. Her excuse was that the strap broke again. And this gun like truly was massive, it looked like a cross between a rocket launcher and a minigun. When I asked her about it all she said was that it was a gift from her family before she went off on her own.

Then there is Twilight Sparkle, the librarian/ borderline OCD unicorn. When I first met her, I almost ran for the hills for the first thing she said what that I looked familiar, like she had seen me before. Currently, or at least to my knowledge she has no idea who I resemble. But other than that, we quickly became friends, I even found out that she was the Princess's student, who was sent to town to see how a smaller town operated compared to Canterlot, one of the few massive cities that have next to no crime. And from what I have found out, she herself has next to no experience with a gun, yet she owns one. And according to her, it was given to her by the princess. I wonder why that is? The only thing that makes sense to me is that it might be enchanted with some high level magic. But she herself is quite knowledgeable, and tends to reference saying, statistics, and knowledge quite often.

All five of these mare's became my friends quickly, and have been kind to me, and I have been kind back to them. But when I was first asked my name by each of them, I couldn't say that I was Dash the Stampede, so I gave them a name that few knew today, my real name, Rainbow Dash. And since my I first came to this town 12 years ago, I have changed my look a lot, I have grown my hair out to be about shoulder length, bought new clothing a simple brown over coat, white shirt, tan pants, and new boots. But I have kept my old outfit, hidden in the closet of the 2 story house that I bought using my claim. I still look at it every now and then, but I haven't had any need to put them back on, and hopefully I never will. For I am afraid for what people will think, if I ever reveal who I really am.
---------------------------

I set down the pen and close the journal that I have kept since I first left home all those years ago. I leaned back in the chair at my desk in my bed room on the upper floor of the house. It was actually quite a beautiful day, and I had a good view of the town square, and a view of most of my friends houses. I have made it fairly well for my self, and I enjoy living in such a peaceful town. As I lean back I close my eyes for a while. I was actually dreaming about all the people I have helped in the past, when I was suddenly awoken by a gun shot outside. I jolt up out of my chair and peek out side. In the town square I see people with guns, pointed at the citizens of the town.

"All we want is the money, and no one has to get hurt. So stop being so bucking stubborn and just tell us where you keep it." one of the men yells, probably the leader since he was the best dressed. I was hoping that the towns people would just let them take it and leave.

But no one moved, and the man then yells, "Alright, if that's how it going to be, then we will just take some of you hostage until you do!" the man yells, as he points to 5 people in the crowd, and his men go and grab them, "You have 3 hours to get our money or we will kill these five!" he shouts, and as they turn around I see who they grabbed, and seeing that he grabbed Rarity, Applejack, Twilight, Pinkie, and Fluttershy made by blood boil. I remember telling them once that I would rather die than see them harmed, and I would go to the world's end to save them.

So, I walk over to my closet, I push aside the normal every day clothing until I see that familiar old red duster trench coat. I simply stand there looking at it for a good minute, knowing that once I put it on, there is no going back. I steel my self as I grab it, then I search the drawers in the bathroom for my hold hair gel, and scissors. I look at my self in the mirror as I grab my hair and start cutting. When it is back to being as long as the base of my ears. I smother my hands in hair gel, and put my hair back into my old vertical spikey hairdo. When I finish I look at my self closely, and I almost am afraid to finish what I am about to do. But these are my friends, and there is no way that I'm going to let these people get away with it. Finally, I put on my old red duster trench coat, and I find my old boots, and holster and put them on as well. The only thing missing now is my gun. I lift up my mattress and pull out the wooden box that I hid in the compartment I cut in my box spring. As I pull it out, I feel its soothing coolness, and all the memories that I have with it.

After I come back from my trip down memory lane, I look outside, and I see that it has been 2 hours and 40 minutes since the men left. In a panicked rush I check to make sure I have spare ammo, my yellow glasses, and I rush outside. And I wait in one of the side streets leading to the town square. And ten minutes later the men come back, with my friends in tow.

"Do you have are money? Or do we have to kill these five for you to get the message that we are serious." The leader yelled to the mayor

"We couldn't get all the money that you demanded for. We were only able to get half of it! Please let those five go!" Mayor Mare said to the outlaws

"Are you bucking kidding me! Do you honestly expect us to believe that you people, on this rich land, are unable to give us a measly 5 million double bits! You have forced my hand! Kill the hostages!" The leader yells, and his men grab their guns and put them to my friends heads.

It's now or never. As I aim my gun, I let off 5 shots, and they all manage to knock the guns out of the goons, hands. They look around in shock, and they accidently let go of my friends. And once they are out of the line of fire, I step out from the side street into the open, and all eyes turn to me. Buy my friends look at me wide eyed, but I notice that Twilights are the widest. It seems that she finally realized who I am. "Girls are you alright?" I ask them

They look at each other then they turn to me and say, "Where fine. Thank you Dash." I look at them and simply smile. Mean while the leader had pulled out his gun and had aimed at me and pulled the trigger. Everyone gasped when he fired, but all those years at being shot at had honed my reflexes. And I easily side stepped the bullet. He looked at me in a mixture of shock and anger, and fired the remainder of his bullets, I simply dodged everyone while walking towards him. When I'm practically right on top of him he tried to fire, but the gun responds with a click. He and his men looked at me like they had soiled themselves, and I think some of the townsfolk did as well. Then the leader decides to speak.

"W-w-what kind of creature from hell are you!?" He screams

"Who am I, you ask? Well I am Rainbow Dash, but you might know me better from before I retired." I said in response

"W-what do you mean retired!?" He again yells, and I respond by sticking an apple in his mouth

"Simple, before I retired, I was known as the infamous, Dash the Stampede. And let it be known to you and all your thieving pals, that this town is my home, and I will be damned if I let any of you bring harm to this town! Do I make my self clear?" I ask with malice in my voice. He and his goons stare at me wide eyed and rapidly nod their heads. "Now leave your weapons and get out of my town." I say to them, and they do so with gusto. As they scramble out of town.

I turn around and face my friends and townsfolk and say, "I hope you are all alright. And what I said just then is true. I would rather die than see any of you harmed. I hope you can forgive me for keeping this secret so long." I say with a sad tone. And for a few good seconds no sound is make, and no one moved. But Fluttershy makes the first move. She steps forward with tears in her eyes, and runs towards me and embraces me in a hug while bawling her eyes out. I say to her, "It's ok Flutters its all over now. It's all over."

Then I feel a hand on my shoulder, and I turn my head to see its Twilight's, and she says to me, "We need to talk about this later." She says with a minor frown, but it quickly changes to a smile as she says, "But for now, lets celebrate you saving us, and the town." I reply with a nod of my head, and the town burst into cheers. And personally I could never have imagined this kind of positive reception from the town. But off to the side I feel a pair of eyes staring at me, and when I turn my head to look, I see a cloaked figure run into a ally. I have the feeling that the word that Dash the Stampede has reappeared will spread, and spread fast. I only hope the town is ready. But more importantly my friends and my self are ready.

Author's Note:

There are going to be journal entries every now and then.
Also sorry for the wall of text.
And here is a question for you, should I keep it anthro? Or should I push it to fully human? And if you want to proofread please send me a message saying so. I would like to have several, this way all mistakes can be founf

Comments ( 23 )

A very interesting story. If anything, I vote for it anthro, but you still decide on that one.

That hurt me a lot to do that. I'm sorry but I had to down vote this. To me, it feels like you're not capturing the Trigun side of this.

3752431
its fine, im still building it up. But I can understand why it was hard.

This sounds good, and this time, if it was Vash, she finds a nice place to relax and not have to get shot at every other ten seconds.
Also, Vash is called the 'Humanoid Typhoon' because everyone keeps destroying everything while he get's blamed for the damned mess.

3752442 To me, it would be better if you just put Vash in here instead of it being Rainbow Dash, but its your story. You do what you think is best. I have no right to stop you.

3752080

Oh, I specifically meant a fic with this title. :D

Anthro... whatever. I still feel it to rushed! and the others... they know somehting:trixieshiftleft:

please keep it anthro i would really hate to see it hunamized, please please. this has been great so far dont change a thing.

Im not too bothered either way, Anthro. human, its near enough the same!

Dude love the story and i love Trigun so this is the story for me total upvote and track:rainbowkiss::rainbowdetermined2:

Holy crap. a 10:1 like to dislike ratio. I'd say that's pretty damn good. Thank you all for liking this story.

3932499 am woundering her twin sister is lighting dusk

4355582
Not sure. Life is making it hard to write. But when ever I get a chance I write in a little notebook ideas/outlines for the next chapter, or a new story.

SUCH A LONG TIME

Take it off hiatus? Pwetty pwease? :fluttershysad::fluttercry::unsuresweetie:

5818198
I will, once I get another chapter written, edited, re-written, re-edited. And I find time to do so. Final year of high school, 4th quarter. You know the drill.

5820103
Ah. Fair enough. That certainly excuses you. For now. But I will be watching... In the creepiest way possible. Be prepared...

5820124
Oh really? Hope you don't look into my "hidden files" it contains a hard copy of about 5 years of 4chan chat form the /b/ boards. and mixed in is some story. Good luck!

5821662
Challenge accepted. Now if only I had a friend who was actually useful for once and knows their way around computers... *ahem* yeah, I can totally do it. I wish...

Come on mate, why the long hiatus?

6224708 Ahh, well then I completly understand. I hope you are having fun at college. Cheers mate.

Is the story going to continue or is it going to be canceled i do not want it to be canceled i want it ro be continue

Login or register to comment