• Published 21st Apr 2012
  • 2,915 Views, 22 Comments

New Human - MyVodka



Twilight Sparkle goes into the Human World, but regret it. Now she tries go back with help.

  • ...
4
 22
 2,915

22) Closer

"Tell us the story about the time you were in Finn's Mart!" May demanded Kevin, "I wanna hear what happened too!"

Kevin sat on top of a table near the gym. "Alright. Alright. God, you guys just want to hear my stories." He cleared his throat and spoke. "So, I was walking around Finn's Mart cause I wanted to buy some milk for my cereal. As I was checking out my carton of milk. I saw this old couple, looked to be around in their late 50's."

"Ok. What happened next? May asked with curiosity. She and a few of her friends gotten closer to him to listen.

"Well, I overheard the old man talking to the greeter. He said this," He pauses to emulate his voice as an old man, "Do ya know where I can get dog collars?" Kevin stopped his old man voice, "Then the woman said," He emulates an old woman's voice with quivering arms to act as someone with old weak bones, "Thomas, you idiot! We don't own one--!"

"What happened after that?" One of May's friends interrupted him.

"Well, I heard the old man say," He pauses again for the old man's voice. "I know, but I gotta keep ya in line, bitch."



Everyone were inside the mall's new food court. 7 restaurants and 4 kiosks filled the room with a big variety of different foods ranging from processed fast food to organic and healthy sandwiches. The gang sat nearby a sushi kiosk that overlooked the merry-go-round.

"Hey, guys?" Twilight looked at everyone. "You guys remember that storm that happened in the Philippines? Does anyone know what happened after?"

"I dunno." RD looked at the worrying Twilight. "You need to relax, Twilight."

"I know," She sighed "But I just can't shake the feeling. I get this weird feeling that it wants us to go look at it closer."

Lyra looks at the two ponies, "Where is this portal going to be in? It's been 5 months or so since we've been together and there is nothing that screams out portal."

"I don't know." RD massaged her forehead softly with her fist, "I don't know all the answers." There was a bright red visible bruise on her forehead.

"What's with the bruise on your head?"

"Nothing, just from work."

The television from the nearby sushi kiosk immediately turned to the color bars that were used when a channel has been off air. A vertical bar appeared with letters on that tells the viewers about the situation. One of clerks changed the channel to the requested station.

The news station was holding a special broadcast on a new storm that is heading towards California from Hawaii. "News about the storm that nearly destroyed the Philippines. The hurricane, now named Hank, is not measurable at the moment. The meteorologist has stated that Hurricane Hank is slowly moving towards Hawaii, but the winds are very severe and are calling to everyone to remain calm and be prepared."

The gang looked at each other with confusion and fear in their eyes. Seamus and May looked at each other with worried looks. The ponies continued to watch the news broadcast as it updates on the current situation of the hurricane. Kevin, Phil, and everyone else in the group whispered quietly to themselves. The whole food court became silent after that, only the sounds of mall music and other people filled the silence of the food court.

"Rainbow?" Twilight looked at her, "Do you think you can fly to Hawaii fast enough? This storm is unusual."

RD looks at Twilight seeing a curious, yet worried look on her face. "Sure, I guess." She walks outside to the parking lot, the last image the gang saw of her was a plastic soda cup falling from the sky and a big gust of wind that turned some of the car alarms on.



The ones who remained inside the mall: The Coopers, The Ponies, Kevin and Gavin, sat around the inner courtyard. Known as the Musical Plaza, it was home to where most of the music is located to buy, sell, or trade for a decent price. It is usually filled with people who come to talk about their music choices or perform in the center, or Music Square. The gang sat close to one of the stores, it was playing Sister Midnight from one of the speakers.

"Doesn't this seem weird?" Twilight inquired, "I mean, the hurricane destroys the Philippines and its coming for Hawaii, then California! There is just no way for that to happen."

"It's possible," Gavin replied "I mean, hurricanes can turn from their predicted area to somewhere different. A hurricane might look like it'll hit, let's say Cuba, but it hit's Mexico instead."

"But going from the Philippines to Hawaii? I don't think it's possible." Seamus uttered to Gavin.

May took her turn to speak. "Maybe the wind currents changed? Hurricanes need a warm front and a cold front to hit each other and form. It's possible that wind currents can change."

"This conversation is getting a bit too science-y for me." Kevin grabs his soda cup. "I'm gonna leave before you guys ask the Asian for answers. See ya."

Twilight grabs his hand forcefully. "You're not going anywhere!"

"Damn." Kevin expressed dryly.

A text tone comes from Twilight's phone. She has received pictures that looked, in a way, a rotating wall of water heading towards the islands. She had received more pictures from Rainbow and a few texts describing the hurricane.

Twilight read the texts aloud, "She says, 'Hurricane is huge. Larg ewalls of watre 10 stories high floddin Hawaii. Theres purple lightning hittin ships n killin fish. Gonna turn bak now b4 suckd in.'"

"I hope she's ok." May looked at the sky.

"Aside from her spelling errors, she should be ok. I wonder how close she got to the thing." Seamus looked at the sky as well.

A fast moving object came hurtling towards Musical Plaza. The object quickly became visible and known to everyone. It was a girl with beat up wings going to crash into the Music Square.

"Rainbow Dash!" The gang quickly shouted. Out of instinct, Kevin quickly ran onto the Music Square in a catching position. Rainbow collides with Kevin as he is pushed back in the air trying to catch her. His body crashes through another music store that sells vinyl records and woodwind instruments.

People crowd around the broken window to see what happened, some of them took a closer look at Rainbow. Her wings were mangled and had a couple scrapes on her body. Kevin's hands were wrapped under her wings to catch her as she came down. The gang went through the shop's door and quickly took the bodies away from the scene. The shop keeper, who had an X near his eye, comes out of the backroom to see the mess in his store.

"Hey! What the hell happened?!" He saw the gang dragging the body out of the store, "You! You're all gonna pay for all the broken records and instruments!"

In a swift reflex, Gavin turns to the shop keeper. "Fuck you, shop keep!" He slams the door behind him causing a bassoon to fall off the wall, smashing the glass case on the counter.



Back at the Cooper residence, Rainbow and Kevin lay unconscious on Twilight's bed. Spike examined the two, with precision, as he wore medical scrubs. The TV downstairs was turned to CNN as Twilight kept watch of the hurricane as details unfolded.

Seamus brought down a plasma screen television downstairs. "You know, this hurricane is just taking all of your interest, isn't it?" He said with a tired breath.

Her excitement was getting to her, "Well, all I know is that Rainbow got injured as she tried to take pictures of the hurricane. It's possible that she got caught in it and got a glimpse of the eye!" However, her excitement turned to regret, "But... I got Rainbow Dash and Kevin hurt in the process. I feel like a terrible friend.."

Seamus connects the plasma screen into the cable box. "Don't feel bad. They're you're friends, they don't hate you for hurting them."

Twilight looked down to her overlapping hands "*sigh* I hope you're right."

The TV turns to HROK 4, a local news station based in San Francisco. A fuzzy low quality photo was shown on screen of Rainbow Dash floating above the Hawaiian Islands.

"Woah! It's Rainbow!" Seamus sat next to Twilight. One of the pictures shows Rainbow being sucked up by the hurricane as it forcefully rips apart the feathers from the wings.

"I can't watch this!" Twilight places her heads on Seamus' shoulder. "This is terrible!"

The clip stops and returns to one of the anchors. "That was a clip of, what looks to be, an angel watching over Hawaii."

"An angel?" He leans a bit closer to the TV. "Never thought of Rainbow as an angel."

"There are also reports of a similar angel that has been reported in the Oakvale area." Fuzzy pictures were shown on the television of Rainbow hurtling down. Another picture is shown with Kevin grabbing her, then another going through the window. The final picture shows the two inside the shop holding each other, suggestively from a high resolution camera. "We have received information from an eye witness, who told us about the incident."

"Eye witness?" The two said simultaneously.

A recording of the shop keeper in the mall is shown talking into the microphone. He had scar of an X on his right cheek and a his face was red with anger. "I saw those those two kids! They crashed into my store and destroyed everything!" The scene changes to show the damage and debris Rainbow had created. "Those two.. DAMN kids... are going to make me broke! And one of them told me to [bleep] off!"

"Damn.. That guy must be pissed." Seamus commented dryly.

The anchor is shown again back at the studio, "If you have any kind of information or pictures of these 'angels', call our station. The number for the HROK 4 station appears on the screen with a Facebook and Twitter page.

"Oh Gosh! Celestia is going to kill me!" Twilight went into fetal position. "I injured Rainbow and made her real self into the public! Celestia is going to kill me and banish me to the moon!"

He grabs her hands, "Twilight!" He looked at her in the eye as he spoke in a calm, soothing voice, "It'll be okay! No one is going to kill you. Your Celestia will understand what happened and you won't be banish. Even if she were to come down here herself, we'll take all of the blame for everything. We're your friends, and friends are there for each other."

Twilight calmed down. "Y-you're right. You guys give me food, a place to live, and friends. You guys helped me my first day and I've been grateful that you all have been here for me. You guys are like.. a family.. a human family." She leans over to hug him.

May walks out of the kitchen to the stairs. She glances at the two hugging on the couch, "Get a room!" She exclaimed as she walked upstairs.

Comments ( 2 )
GS4

And the story's dead R.I.P

3448855 "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
-sob- "why?"

Login or register to comment