• Published 21st Apr 2012
  • 2,916 Views, 22 Comments

New Human - MyVodka



Twilight Sparkle goes into the Human World, but regret it. Now she tries go back with help.

  • ...
4
 22
 2,916

8) Lyra and Spike

Back in Equestria, one week has passed since Twilight has gone missing and everything has been going different. Celestia is angry because of her missing student, she sends out a search party, consisting of the best pony detectives, to locate her. They have returned with no trace of her.

In Twilight's absence, the library was left untouched. Collecting dust, mold, and spider webs from the books. Everyone in Ponyville wondered if the library will ever reopen. After the disappearance, Spike has been helping Rarity to fill in the void.

Zecora has been hearing of rumors of that book has information on humans. She sends Applebloom, with the Cutie Mark Crusaders, they will retrieve the book for Zecora. The trio begin searching inside the now abandoned library.

Applebloom kicks open the door to Twilight's library. "*cough* How long have she been missing? A week? *cough* How could one week collect so much dust! *cough*"

"I don't know, Applebloom. But now, I wish we didn't go inside." Sweete Belle says, noticing the webs on the roof.

"Relax, Sweete Belle! It's not like we're going to be here forever!" Said Scootaloo, not noticing the webs.

Everyone looked inside the library for any books regarding about humans. High and low, nothing about humans were found anywhere. Scootalo's hover disturbs the spiders' slumber, awaking them. Sweete Belle complains how everything is dusty and smelly. Applebloom uncontrollably sneezes, knocking over books.

As the books fall, it crashes onto their heads. The falling books had shook the spiders off of their webs, onto the crusaders. The girls screamed as they ran out of the library, dusting off any spiders. As they reached for the door, two mysterious ponies burst open the door, letting the crusaders pass through.

The Crusaders ran outside the library, then one pony closed the entrance with a rock, with the name 'TOM' carved on. The crusaders were relieved of leaving the library.

"Hey, thanks-- *gasp*" Applebloom said.

"Applebloom, what in tarnations are ya doin' in there?"

"Um... nothin'" She said, giving an innocent smile.

Fluttershy walks to the girls, "Girls, tell us where you were." Fluttershy said.

"Well, we we're inside Twilight's home looking for somethin-- It was all Applebloom's fault!" Uttered Scootaloo.

"Well, Zecora wanted me to look for this book. Said it could help find Twilight." Applebloom said, "Will ya help us, Big sis?"

"Hmm, I dunno. I don't know if there's really a book-"

"But we have ta try! Nothing's impossible, right sis?"

Applejack stops, then says, "Right! We ain't leavin' any friends behind!"

The crusaders jumped for joy to their help. They all begin to find anyone who knows of a book about humans. Some ponies say that they were crazy for thinking humans exist. Others had information about a pony who had found a book about humans. Everypony met up in front of Twilight's house, discussing where they could find it. All information led directly to a pony with a green mane and an instrumental cutie mark.

The only pony that they thought of with an instrument for a cutie mark, with green hair, was Lyra. They all galloped to try to search for Lyra. They search for her near the Everfree forest, without Bon Bon.

"Wow, I can't believe she's really good at hide and seek!" She said to herself, walking out of the Everfree forest.

"Hey! Lyra! Over here!" Applejack calls her name. Lyra walks over to her, wondering what she needs. "Have ya heard of a book 'bout... humans?"

"Haha! Your funny, Applejack!" Lyra lied.

"Now, don't give me any of that fake laugh'n now. Where's the book?"

Lyra looks around to see if anyone else is looking. "Follow me"

They walk over to Lyra's house to retrieve the book. As they enter, they see notes about humans all over the house.

"Huh... I wonder how she lives like this." Said Fluttershy.

Lyra gives Applejack the book, "Here! Hope you'll find it nice!"

"Not so fast there, partner!" Applejack said, "You're comin' with us."

"To where?"

"Zecora"

All 6 of the ponies walk into the Everfree forest, walking to Zecora's house. As they walk to her house, the 6 hear a huge explosion coming from the house's direction, they galloped as fast as they could. They barged inside the house to see Zecora's face blackened.

"Zecora! Are ya okay?" Asked Applejack, Zecora nodded. "Why can't ya talk? Cat got your tongue?"

A piece of paper lands on Applebloom's head. It contains a list of ingredients of teleportation portal.

"Hey, sis?" Applebloom said, "This is some sort of incantation that was supposed to help us go through to the other world. But it isn't what it did."

"Oh? Then what did it do?

"That" Applebloom points to Zecora, who is speechless and still blackened from soot.

"*sigh* Well, I guess we're never gonna find a way to get Twilight again." Applejack said, depressingly.

"Wait!" A bold voice called out.

Everypony turns around to see Princess Celestia and Shining Armor beside each other. Everypony bows down to the Princess's sudden arrival.

"At ease!" Shining armor said.

"Where is Twilight?" She demanded, "I demand to know!"

"Madam, Twilight is..." Said Applejack.

"Is....?"

"In the human world, ma'am.."

"The Human World?!" She yelled, "The human world? That world is forbidden!"

"Ma'am, calm down--" Said Applebloom.

"Calm down?! My faithful student is stuck in the human world! She's my student, pupil, apprentice! It's my responsibility to keep her safe! How can she be inside the human world?!" Her screams of despair was heard all over the Everfree forest, scaring off any wildlife.

"Princess Celestia, if I may intervene?" Lyra boldly asked. "It was a mere mistake, she is only a young pony and was intrigued by humans. It can not be her fault for being there."

"Yes, it is not entirely her fault." Shining Armor intervened, "But we must retrieve her, that world is not safe for her!"

"But why not?" Lyra asked.

"Lyra... It's forbidden because--" Said Princess Celestia, interrupted by Lyra

"Because why? Everyone will get hurt or something? I'm sure humans are nice and tolerable like everypony in Equestria! Why can't we go?" Lyra said.

"Because those who enter may never return, ever!' Said Princess Celestia. "Have you heard the legend of Little Billy?"

"Little Billy, Princess?" Shining Armor asked.

"Yes, Little Billy. He was a young colt who wandered too far from the herd. He went too deep into the Everfree forest and ended up into the human world. No one knows how he ended up there, mystical beings, portals, magical malfunction, but all we know is that he went into the human world and never came back."

"What happened after that?"

"We sent a 5 search ponies to help locate Little Billy." The Princess paused for a moment, "Only 1 ever came back. He stayed there for a week and they never arrived."

Everyone gasped. Fluttershy hid behind Shining Armor, the crusaders also hid with her. Applejack and Lyra stand lifeless.

"Are ya sayin'... Twilight might not come back?" Asked Applejack.

"I'm certain..." Said Celestia.

"But we can try!" Said Lyra.

"Try, and risk yourselves losing your magic!"

"I'm not afraid!"

"Hmph..." Celestia scoffed, "Fine. I'll let you go..."

"But... How's Twilight gonna know if it's her?" Said Applejack.

"Spike, her assistant."

"But Spike ain't here, ma'am."

"I sent him a letter, he should be here."



Fifteen minutes later, Spike has arrived on Rainbow Dash's back. He thanks her and she leaves. Spike walks up to Zecora's house, scared of punishment from Celestia for being late.

"Your late!" Shining Armor said.

"Sorry, I got held up." Said Spike.

"In what?"

"No time!" Said Celestia, "Spike, you're here to help Lyra find Twilight."

"Find Twilight? But she's missing."

"She's in the human world."

"The human world?! Isn't that forbidden?"

"We already been over that part Spike, are you ready?" Asked Lyra.

"Yeah, I guess. I better get something good outta this." Said Spike

"You will, just help Lyra go through the human world."

Spike rides onto Lyra's back and rides on to the deeper part of the Everfree forest. Passing tress and a stream, they reach the remnants of an abandoned stone tower, where Lyra has gotten her notes of humans and their nature.

They enter the tower without fear. The stone stairs are still in good condition, aside from the moss growing on the sides. They climb upstairs to where she finds her books about humans. The shelves were old and dusty, the books were in the same condition as in Twilight's library.

"Wow! This place is old!" Spike said.

"Let's go downstairs." Said Lyra.

They walk down the steps to the discover a secret entrance under the steps. Spike runs ahead to reach the secret entrance, Lyra follows. There stands a damaged wooden door.

"Huh, wonder what this opens to." Spike said, opening the door, followed by Lyra. They walk down the stairs again from the secret entrance, seeing a small fire.

"Wait!" Lyra said, "Is that a well?"

"Well, well, well." Spike said jokingly. "Looks like we found our culprit. The well transported the lost ponies the human world."

"That doesn't make any sense."

"Well, this is the only thing that makes any sense. Think about it! Little Billy is an earth pony, not a Pegasus, nor a a unicorn. They would have fallen into this well to be in the human world."

"Hm, makes sense, but how can they fall?"

" I dunno, let's look inside."

Both of them look inside, deeper into the Well. Out of the blue, a swarm of parasprites emerge from the passageway to the room, causing Lyra to fall in. Spike tries to grab Lyra, but isn't strong enough, he falls into the well also. Both close their eyes, awaiting for death.



Lyra and Spike wake up from falling in to the well. Lyra looks around to see they have awaken in a town dump. There was a sign that says, "Oakvale City Landfill", knowing they had made it into the human world.

"Spike! Spike! Get up!" Said Lyra profusely.

"What?" Spike said drowsy.

"We're humans!"

"Yeah, humans... But with no clothes."

"Oh... Right...."

Lyra and Spike look around the dump for any clothes they could find. The only thing they could find for clothing are some dirty overalls and a ripped purple shirt for Lyra. Spike found a torn fedora hat, a pen, some ripped Levi's and a shirt that said, Beer Delivery Guy.

"Huh... Lyra, what's beer?" Asked Spike.

"Um.. I think that what most human adults drink." Lyra said.

The duo walked down the mountains of trash, trying to find an exit. Hours pass since they have made it into the human world and no sign of life, except birds. They pass a broken down bus, in curiosity, they examine it closer. It contained nothing, except for couple of broken CD trays and a rat's carcass.

"Ew!" Both of them yelped.

"What IS that?!" Lyra screamed.

"Oh, that's just a dead rat. We're okay... right?" Spike looks at to see Lyra outside of the bus. "Wanna just keep going?"

"Sure..."



They eventually found life as they passed a broken down car. They cried out for their attention and were found by a family passing through. They were immediately taken to their home to shower off the dirt and into a change of clothes. Soon after, they had left, not without a little transportation. Lyra took the keys and drove off in a car.

"Ok, do you know even know what you are doing?"

"Yes, Spike. I read my notes on human technology!"

"This is stealing, you know that, right?"

"I know, but sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do."