• Published 21st Apr 2012
  • 2,916 Views, 22 Comments

New Human - MyVodka



Twilight Sparkle goes into the Human World, but regret it. Now she tries go back with help.

  • ...
4
 22
 2,916

16) Unexpected Things

Notice: I apologize for the late story update. I've recently been busy with other things in my agenda, such as the new upcoming school year. I am currently writing the other chapter. Thank you for your time.



*Yawn* "God, I'm so tired.." Seamus' voice was quiet as he rode in the back. "God, why do we have take you to the airport at 2?" Seamus rubbed his right eye. Seamus and Kevin talk outside of his garage

Kevin held his acoustic guitar in one hand. "I like to see San Francisco before leaving." He scratched his head. "Where are the two ponies?"

"May is getting them." Seamus bent downards to touch his toes. "Its a good thing to stretch as you wake up. Makes you awake and alert. By the way, Phil is coming to get the van."

"Ok." He whistles a small tune as he waits for the van. "Nice shirt by the way, Seamus."

"Thanks." Seamus was wearing a custom Red Alert 2 shirt. "Made it myself. Nice coat." He completed back.

"Thanks. My dad gave it to me before he left." Kevin checked his watch. Its 12:25, when is he coming to pick us up?

The girls exit out of the garage and into the garage. Each carried his luggage out of the house. Lyra held onto Kevin's bass guitar, strapped onto her back. Twilight and May carried his clothing and personal belongings in luggage.

"Kevin, this damn bag is too heavy!" May complained.

"Quit complaining, May." Kevin said. May gave him a mean look, then stuck her tongue out as she walked by him. "I love you too." He said as he smiled.

Twilight walks up to him. "I don't think she said anything to you." She wore some big skinny rimmed purple glasses with one of Kevin's jackets. "Seamus, are you coming with us to the airport?"

"Nope." Seamus lights and smokes a cigarette. "I'm actually staying here to keep watch of his house until you guys get back."

"Who's staying with you then?" Twilight asked.

"May. There's also DeVonte, Christian, Ryan, Speed and a few other friends inside the house. Plus, someone has to drive them home." His breath reaches Twilight's nose.

*cough cough* "Oh gosh, your breath smells like soot!" She complained.

Lyra and Kevin talk at the entrance of the driveway. Lyra wore a lamp shade on her head and a nice polyester jacket. He played a song on his guitar in continuous loop the quietest he can.

"So Kevin, how long are you gonna stay there?" Lyra asked Kevin. She took off the lampshade on her head and threw it over the neighbor's backyard. A cat screeches in the distance.

"Uh... I'll be there for a month." He rubs the back of his neck. "Um..."

"Um....?" Lyra asked.

"Nothing. I don't wanna say anything." He looked downwards in embarrassment.

"Oh.." Lyra turns away in shame. She sighs as she thinks to herself. Why.. Why do I like him so much?

The sounds of crickets chirping and nearby cars fill the air as they await for Phil's arrival. The ponies watch at the curb for the van to come. Police sirens are heard from inside the neighborhood as they deal with a drunk driver.

"God! When is he fucking coming already? Its fucking cold!" Seamus yelled in anxiety.

"C'mon Phil! It's fucking 1:11 and I don't wanna be late!" Kevin complained.

As if by command, Phil came into the driveway with his van. The hour late Phil comes out of the van and opens the backdoor.

"Sorry I'm late. Some drunk driver tried to pass me without using his turn signals." Phil said. He picked up Kevin's luggage and puts them inside. "Alright, everyone in the van."

"You're not gonna rape me, are you?" Kevin asked sarcastically.

"Ha ha. You're so funny." He responded sarcastically. "Hey, is Gavin coming also?" He threw away a bag of garbage onto the ground.

"He said to meet him in Emeryville where he works."

"You mean the bus stop?"

"No, he told me he got fired there. He's working at a club."

"As what?"

"The club's DJ."



The club, Hypo, was huge and wide. The neon lights and graffiti painted the building to the edges. A chain linked fence wraps around the area of the building.

"Damn! I never knew the club was this huge!" Phil said surprised.

"Its just an abandoned IKEA store with a few adjustments." Kevin said.

"Few?" Twilight asked.

"Looks more like a lot." Lyra commented.

"Whatever, lets just get inside." Phil puts on a red hunting cap and awaits for the others to move.

Kevin took notice "Still wearing that cap, I see?"

"Sure is.."

The group enter the club nonchalantly. Everyone was stunned to see the inside of Hypo. The lobby was clean and no one, except a neatly dressed woman, was inside in her desk. There was a large double door leading inside the rest of the club. The woman looked at them, "Hello! Welcome to Hypo. How may I help you?"

They walk up to woman as Phil spoke for the rest. "Um, we're looking for our friend, Gavin?"

"Oh! He told me you were coming." She gave them a piece of paper. "It's Gavin's letter."

Twilight opened the letter, "'Monkey Sex..'" Twilight paused in confusion, trying to process what she said. "Huh?"

They all looked at the letter, "Monkey Sex?" They all asked.

Gavin exited out of the large doors with a pair of headphones. His giant reddish jacket with a leather arm strap and yellow dyed spiked hair made everyone stare his way. "Hey guys.."

"Never knew you cosplay, Gavin." Phil said.

"I told you that I cosplay!" Gavin removed his headphones. "Alright, let's go. Its like 1:50 and we're gonna be late."

"Ok"



"Can't believe you got this van, Phil!" Gavin was surprised to be in the van.

"I know. I have my connections." He said as he drives.

"I mean, you got a DVD/Blu-Ray player, a TV in the ceiling to watch, and a mini fridge? That is fucking awesome!"

"Like I said, I have connections. Some good connections from my dad's friends."

"Where are we right now?" Twilight asked.

"We're almost in San Francisco," Lyra answered, "Look outside! There's a big ocean outside!"

Twilight looked outside of the van window. "Wow! San Francisco is beautiful at night!" The buildings were stirred with lights all around. The cars and billboards lighting up upper and lower San Francisco. They pass a billboard of a shirt, made up of shirts.

"Hey!" Lyra pointed to something. "Look at that!" Twilight and the others look outside the window. "Woah! Is that a... A rainbow?"

"A rainbow? At night? That's impossible!" Kevin said in a surprise. .

"Damn, I gotta lay off the hot sauce..." Gavin commented. He threw a bottle of hot sauce into the back of the van.

Twilight looked closely at the rainbow. "Wait.. This can't be right. No rain happened today.."

Phil cleared his throat. "Hey, just a personal question to you guys. What was the weirdest thing that happened in a car? I''l start. I was in this very bridge, driving into San Fran with my window opened. Suddenly, some faggot threw his chewed up bubble gum into my mouth from another car."

"Ew! That's disgusting!" The ponies shrieked.

"Funny." Kevin commented, "I was chewing some old bubble gum on this very bridge, then I threw it out of the car and landed into someone's mouth. It was pretty funny."

"Eeeeewwwww!" The ponies shrieked again.

Phil turned around and gave Kevin a bad look. "You bitch.."

"Keep your eyes on the road!" Twilight shouted.



Kevin plays a harmonica he bought from a thrift store. "Hey Twilight."

"Yeah?"

"You know how you said that you need to get back?"

"Kinda. My mind has been fuzzy lately. Why?"

"Well, is there a way that you can get back?"

She thought for a minute, "Not that I know of."

"Oh, that sucks. Don't you wanna go back home to Equestria or whatever?"

"Yeah, but I don't know if I should. I feel like I'm going to be sent back in time as a filly to magical kindergarten."

"Come on, there has to be something worse than magical kindergarten."

"What about living in the land of Tartarus?"

"Tartarus?"

"Uh.. I guess, in what people call--"

"Heaven?"

"No--"

"Hell?"

"Bingo."

"Nice, in a land of ponies and magic, a Princess Celestia rules in a reign of peace. But there's Hell also. That's reassuring." Kevin sarcastically commented. Twilight rolled her eyes.



"Hoooly Fuck!" Gavin said as he stretched. "That ride was a long ass ride!" They were inside of the San Francisco Airport parking. Inside the 4th floor near a blue Volkswagen.

"That food was delicious!" Lyra commented, "I never knew San Francisco had some delicious food!"

"And we got it at night! Never knew some stores were open." Twilight wiped her mouth with a napkin. "What time is it?"

Kevin took out his phone. "We have about 20 minutes or so before the flight. Come on, let's go inside."

Phil takes out the luggage from the back. "Ok, I'll meet you guys back here when you guys finish uh...." His voice began faint, his mouth open as a long strand of drool drips out. He breathes deeply as if he was injured.

"Are you alright?" Kevin asked.

"Eh... I... Just having a bad headache..." He responded as he regains control.

"You need Lyra to get you water from inside or..."

"No, no.. I'll be ok." He wipes off the drool on his chin.

The gang enter the elevator to the main floor. Each one held Kevin's luggage, rolling on the floor with its wheels. Twilight and Lyra look at amazement as they see the commercial airplanes parked.

"Ah!" Twilight yelped. "Oh.." She looked down to see she was on a conveyor belt. She laughed to herself a bit and puts on her hood. Luckily, no one saw her mishap.



Everyone stands in front of the departure gate. Kevin, holding nothing but his guitar and harmonica, looks at his friends. There was no line and only one airport security guard.

"Well, I guess this is goodbye." Kevin said.

Gavin spoke up, "Group hug?"

"No, because that's gay."

"But.. No one can resist a hug." Gavin pleaded.

"Yes, no one can, bu--" Lyra hugged Kevin with a lunging force. "Ah!" Kevin kept his balance from the sudden force. Holy shit! She almost made me fall! Everyone else came towards him for a group hug. "Ok ok! You get your hugs." He wrapped his arms around everyone as did they.

Lyra looked at Kevin, "Hey."

"Hey!"

"Be careful, ok?"

"I will." Lyra reached over to give him a farewell kiss.

He walks off into the departure gate to catch up with the others in his flight. Everyone waves goodbye from behind the gates. The leaving member turns around one last time and gave them a peace sign.



The remaining friends eat at a nearby restaurant, The Heavy Rhino Bar, for breakfast. Gavin texts Kevin as he waits for his departure. They eat cold cereal from a plastic bowl and a cup of orange juice or chocolate milk. They reminisce about the old days with Kevin.

"....And Kevin would always ask the subs really weird and repetitive questions. Like 'Is that chair to sit in? I'm hungry, do you have any lunch? Why? Do you have any money?' He'd just keep asking them questions." Phil said.

"Oh!" Twilight thought of something, "Like that time with Mr. Bater or whatever?"

"Yeah!"

"You had Mr. Bater?" Gavin asked. "Aww, lucky!" He looked at his phone, then to the gang. "I remember one time when Kevin made fun of a girl in class."

"You mean Andria?" Twilight asked.

Phil looked up, "Yeah, that's her. What'd he say to her?"

"I think he said, 'I really hope Andria is looking for a psychiatrist, I'm kinda tired of hearing her bitching." Twilight said, as she imitated his voice. Everyone has a small, hearty laugh. Their laughter startled others, but awoke many, even the bartender woke up from his nap.

A security guard walks up to them as they laugh. "Excuse me, you're all too loud. You need to keep quiet, or else I'll be forced to kick you out." Twilight listens to the voice, not turning around.

"Sorry." Gavin said.

The ponies look at each other. "Hey, doesn't she sound familiar?" Lyra whispered. The other pony nodded.

"Do any of you wanna race?" The woman asked.

"Race?" Twilight asked.

Wait, I know her voice "Hey, you with the purple hair..." The woman called to Twilight, "Don't I know you?"

"Do you know anyone of the name... Twilight Sparkle?"

Everyone's eyes were opened. "Twilight Sparkle?" Everyone looked at her. The ponies looked back.

Lyra spoke first. "Oh my gosh! It's..."

"...Rainbow Dash!"