• Published 6th Dec 2013
  • 1,602 Views, 8 Comments

What's That? - TheLoveless



Spike and Fluttershy get sent to the Human world, and have a little fun.

  • ...
9
 8
 1,602

Prologue

Spike asked Discord once more, “can you make me gone or not!?” The baby dragon was tired of him beating around the bush. “Can you or not!?” Consumed by rage and anger, Spike scarred Fluttershy, and Discord alike.

Hiding in the corner behind her pillows, she tried to calm the angered child down as she had Discord at times, “Spike, i want you to calm down. Please. If you’d like to.” Getting a glare from the anged dragon, Fluttershy closed her eyes, and covered her face with her wings, “just don’t hurt Discord, please.” Spreading a wing to view the furious dragon, and the helpless Discord, she watched them in silence.

Not giving any other choice, Discord had to wait Spike out at his least favorite game, “Spike, i can do that, but i’m not going to.” Staring forward at his friend, he knew he owned an explanation of why Equestria’s more disturbed resident wouldn’t off a child, “i can’t do it to you, Spike. I can’t murder anyone. So no, i’m not going to help you.”

Spike, realizing what Discord had been denying him off, was relieved. “I don’t want to be killed, i want out of this dimension. Out of this horrible place.” Hoping Discord would understand his desire, he said his last words before wanting to be else where, “i want to go to the human world.”

Finally realizing the baby dragon’s request, for an alternate reality, he conjured an inter dimensional portal and allowed Spike to enter of his own free will. “Spike, don’t screw this up.” Witnessing the dragon disintegrate in the bright light Fluttershy dashed in after him, getting caught by the tail before she could enter. “I can’t let you go Fluttershy.”

Receiving the darkest look from Discord, she shot one back at him, “if you don’t let me go-,” before she could even finish, Discord released her tail, and sent her flying into the portal.

“I guess i should send her some clothes,” finding her saddle bag discarded in the corner with a bunny atop it, he began packing the bare escentuals in the human world. Throwing a variety of undergarments, shirts, skirts, shorts for Spike, and sock into the bag, he kicked Angel off the bag, and shoved it through the portal. “Good luck Fluttershy, don’t get hurt without me!”

At his foot, a small bunny punched him vigorously, angered at his actions. ‘Once i get my change, i’m going to ruin your life Discord. One day!!!’ Continuing his assault on the creature, he began to slow, exhausted from the days actions. Discord, left without a yellow mare to sleep next to, made due with Angel the bunny’s white fur.


Spike had began to come to. As bag full of clothes had knocked him out, for a pretty good amount of time. surveying the room he saw Fluttershy in front of a mirror, pulling her T-shirt down far below her shorts. “Fluttershy?” Waiting for a reply from the woman he had been locked up with, he called for her again, “Fluttershy.”

Started deeply by the unexpected voice, she toppled backwards, falling to the floor before Spike, “oh. Your final up!” Liting Spike off the floor, and hugging him tightly, she had to explain what happened to him.

Spike, greatly disturbed and amused by Fluttershy’s story, he had to reconfirm and recite the events. “So, i was knocked out by your saddle back. We came here without any clothes on, and you dressed me?” Getting a nod, and a slight look of self disappointment on the pale girls face he sighed, “it’s okay Fluttershy. No harm done.” Smiling brightly at the girl before him, he eyed the windows. “As long as you didn’t do anything inappropriate, its okay.”

Spike, standing in front of the mirror, admired the cute outfit he had worn. Brown shorts, a light green under shirt, and a light blue over shirt. Sneaking up behind him in the mirror, Fluttershy swooped down and took him by the neck, “is it okay, Spike? Discord didn’t send much cloths with us, and i forgot to pack.” Spike reached two arms up and grabbed Fluttershy’s head, trying to hug her head. Lifting him off his sock covered feet, she placed him in the near siting bed, “good night, Spike.”

“But where are you going to sleep?” Spike never put himself before his friends.

Having not thought it through, she had no other choice, “is it okay if i share the bed with you?” Spike, as much of a lady’s man as he was, let his friend enjoy the mild comfort of the bed. “Are you sure Spike?” Spike nodded, and cleared a space for his only friend. Before Spike could move any, Fluttershy had already dragged Spike close, and wrapped her arms around his body, “Is this okay, spike? Angels not here, and-.”

although he didn’t like being held, he let it go on, “yes it’s fine. Good night, Fluttershy.” Getting held closer to Fluttershy once again, warmth grew in his cheeks, overcoming him as Fluttershy fell asleep hugging his small, fragile body.


Before long, the light of the sun had pierced the window’s blinds and landed on Fluttershy’s eyelids, stirring the young girl. Opening her eyes, and pushing off from the cute boy in front of her she smiled, ‘I wonder what he dreams of.’ Giggling to herself about all the silly and strange ideas she got in her head just pondering about Spike. adjusting the blinds, she had shut out the light, making sure not to wake Spike up, just yet.

Searching the small confinement for any kind of breakfast foods, she found a box label hot cereal. Taking the box in her hand’s she read the instruction on how to make it. A simple instruction guide anyone could follow. Not even Sweetie Belle couldn’t burn it to badly. Getting the right pot out, and the right amount of water, she began cooking breakfast for her Friend and herself.

Nudging Spike’s arm with her index finger, she whispered into his ear, “wake up sleepy head.” Not getting a response of any kind, Fluttershy pushed him once again, “hey Spike, please wake up.” Still no response from the white skinned boy she tried once more, “hey Spike, if you don’t wake up, you’ll miss this really amazing thing.” surprisingly Spike didn’t stur. On her last strand, she asked him once more, “Spike, if you don’t wake up i’ll eat without you.”

Evidently, Spike still rested his eyes the same way she had left him earlier. Fluttershy, not wanting to eat alone without Spike, lifted the young boy into her arms and brought him to a chair at the table. Setting him down with a bowl before him, and one before her, she waited for Spike to come to. Waiting patiently for Spike to wake from his dream, Fluttershy turned her cereal, letting it cool down while Spike’s remained hot. “Why am i at a table?”

Glad Spike had finally woke up, she smiled and pointed at the bowl before him. “It’s hot cereal. I was waiting for you to eat.” Watching Spike examine the bowl of warm cereal, she laughed at the way he eyed his spoon’s contents. “It won't bite you Spike,” lifting up her own spoon of lukewarm cereal, she tasted it, and so did Spike. “How is it?”

Amused by the soft feel and warmth in his mouth, he placed his face in the bowl, slurping up the sweet mixture as best he could. Having ingested the easily accessed cereal portion he was forced to use a spoon, “It’s so good!” Over excited for the sweet bowl before him, he couldn’t realize Fluttershy had already finished her’s and enjoyed his display of monstrous love for a cereal product.

Chuckling to herself while washing her bowl out, she thought of what they could do with the 10 pounds of bits Discord had left them, “what do you want to do today, Spike?” Turning her head to view her friend, he was gone, and so was his bowl, “Spike?” Fluttershy, disturbed by the boy who had tried to put his own bowl in the sink, apologized, and helped him get his dish in. “Any ideas of what you want to do?”

Spike smiled at Fluttershy before hugging her lightly, “today, i want to explore the human world with my friend.” Fluttershy lifted Spike up by his arms and placed him on the chair, “why did you move me up here?” Pulling up a pair of shoes, Fluttershy lifted one of his feet and slipped a shoe on, then the other.

“You ready Spike?” Happy and ready to waste the day away with a loveable kid at her side, she was ready for anything. Anything, but another unexpected hug.

As if right on que, Spike reached his arms around the pale, pink haired girl’s neck, not wanting to let go. “I’m ready when you are.” Releasing the lovely young woman, he lowered himself to the floor, and took her hand in his. Walking out the door, into the light together.

Stepping out of their housing, cars speed past them, only a minute’s walk away; honking in session at each other. Tightening her grip on Spike, she watched nervously as the cars continues to speed. “Can we go back home now?” Hoping Spike would return, she got dragged out further, but not in the direction of the highway above. Spike had dragged her in the direction of a park; Filled with children a little younger than himself. “Are you sure you want to go there? It’s meant for really small kids.”

Still pulling the pink haired woman by the hand, he just had to know what he wanted to play on, “what is that? Its so big and shiny.” Staring at the small castle filled with stairs and slopes that led back to the white sand below. “Do we have one of those back at home?”

Fluttershy was angered and shocked. how could a child Spike’s age not know the name of a playground, and why hadn't Twilight taken him to one? “It’s a playground, i think we have one back home. It’s just really dirty.” finally arriving at the park, Fluttershy sat at a table and waited for him to tire himself out; hoping it would happen some time before never. “Once you’ve had enough, just come back and we’ll go somewhere else.”

Before Fluttershy could even enjoy the bright day’s splendor, Spike had already got bored of the playground. He sat in the sand building a pile of it, and calling it his own, “this is my nation! With it we will conquer the world!” Receiving strange looks from the other kids in the play area, and even more disturbed looks from the parents. Even the ant on top the mound of sand gave him an uneasy look, “Hey ant, what are you doing here?” Not expecting a reply anytime soon he watched the bug partake in his nations construction.

At last an hour had past, and Fluttershy was surrounded by pigeons, and stray dogs. Spike had built a fortress for his ant army, and their newly found food supply, a peice of bread the birds missed. Remembering what they were, Fluttershy got off the bench, and headed to Spike, “are you okay?” Staring at the bright red child before her, she realized it was too late, “you got a sunburn. Does it hurt.”

Spike wondered once again, what Fluttershy was talking about. “Whats a sun burn?” Looking at his slim legs, and short arms, he had finally realized her was growing red skin. Pointing at his arm, he asked a question only Fluttershy could answer, “is this a sunburn?” Placing his hand on his freshly burned skin, he jumped at it, removed his hand and watched as it spread back to red.

“I don’t have medicin on me, but we could find a place that has some.” Pulling Spike out of the sand, and dragging him through the park, they began asking everyone where the miracle in medical science could be found. “Um, hi. Do you know where we can get some sunburn medicine,” struggling to get past her sentences, she ended her short question with silence.

Staring at the pink haired woman before her, and her alleged child, she got a disturbed idea in her mind, “a little ways down there's a pharmacy, if thats what your looking for.” The pink haired girl and blond haired boy left her alone once again. ‘I hope that isn’t her child. That’d be… I feel for that girl.’


Placing an opened hand against the glass window Spike pushed on the door. It didn’t move an inch, but it began to slide open. Amazed at the doors physics, he tried to pull it out, “excuse me. Boy! Please stop,” Spike, looking for the kind worker who had asked something of him, finding a man behind a desk. Red hair and bright eyes. “Hello mam’. If you’re looking for sunscreen ointment, its in the back.” Getting a friendly hand wave from both, he smiled and brought a small bottle out to the counter, “this will cost 3.79 dollars.”

Patting her shirt down, searching for any money she could have had on her, she felt a round piece of metal. A stray bit. Raising her shirt, and pulling out the coin she placed it on the counter, “will this be enough?”

Staring at the golden chunk of metal before him he laughed, “i guess it could, but we don’t have the proper change for it.” looking up at Fluttershy, he realized the disappointment in her eyes.

“Can you still take it? Just keep the change.” Hoping for a yes, Fluttershy got a yes. “Thank you!” Waving bye to the medical assistant, she smiled, and lifted Spike up, onto her back. “Enjoy your day!”

Leaving the clinic’s lone worker to his job, he sighed at the bit of gold he had been entrusted with. ‘What am i supposed to do with you?’ flicking the gold coin around his countertop, he sighed and threw it to the floor, ‘I don’t like gold. Maybe i should just give it back when she comes back.’ Settling on his decision, he went in search of the sliver of metal, ‘if she doesn't, i’m going to donate it.’


“How are you enjoying the human world so far?” Letting her motherly instincts take over, she began covering Spike in the white lotion, making sure not to get it in his adorable green eyes.

Watching Fluttershy attempt to protect his eyes, he closed them, and replied happily, “its better than Ponyville. So many things to see, and so many kids to play with. Everyone looks like me, i don’t feel different.”

Whipping her hands off, she hugged Spike, and forced him to the bed’s soft mattress, hugging him, and russling his hair. “Thats good to here Spike. Tomorrow we’ll try to do something special… And maybe make new friends.” Leaving Spike on the bed, covered in lotion and a sunburn, she hit the lights. “Good night Spike.” Trying her best to make her way back to the soft human she lived with, she tripped over a stray shoe, tumbling onto the bed next to Spike, “sorry.”

Glad she didn’t fall on him, or on the floor, she smiled and placed a outspread hand on her face, “it’s okay. there's nothing wrong with falling,” happy as he was, he still had some problems. An outstretched arm enclosed him once again, making him smile, and his cheeks fill with red. “Good night Fluttershy!” Making sure to nuzzle in with Fluttershy, he did his best to hug her.

“Good night, Spike,” blushing at the small child before her, she smiled and ruined his hair once again. ‘Only if it was this easy in Ponyville. Such a sweet child,’ lowering her head, and kissing Spike’s forehead, she blushed once more, enjoying the feel in her cheeks. Spike did the same, reconciling about her sweet kiss on his head, letting his feelings take over, and control him, filling his checks with another swarm.

‘I love you, Fluttershy.’

Author's Note:

I love writing these. If you could be so kind, please leave me feedback, and what they sould do next. they have a week of human world left, 7 days of activities. Any sugestions? critisisum, and advice would be apriciated

Comments ( 8 )

Quick question before I leave behind feedback or suggestions :
Is this the Equestria Girls world or literally 'our' Human world

It was ok, but i felt they should have had time to adjust to there new human forms.

3588480:rainbowkiss: nice question:eeyup: its actualy ourr human world. i hate EQgirls:moustache:

3588820 good point.:pinkiesmile: but who said this was the first time?:rainbowkiss: and spike basicly is a human already(body wise.:unsuresweetie::scootangel:)

Well if it's 'our' world...
then maybe Spike remembers a chunk of Twilight's studies...
like the chunk that describes magic circles and runes for enhancing spells...
and since Spike may be human in form but Dragon in spirit...
I don't think Spike would give a second thought to using Pyromancy if Fluttershy was in any danger:pinkiecrazy:

3594112

:pinkiecrazy:Now you're thinking like me. but i want this one to be marked everypony, for now.

:trixieshiftleft::trixieshiftright::scootangel: i'm gonna bump this up into the most drawn out death scene in the end of the 8 chapters:scootangel:

Firstly, I would strongly suggest getting an editor to clean up the numerous errors in this first chapter. It made it hard very hard to read.

Secondly, this felt a little rushed. Discord just letting Fluttershy go like that felt strange to me, as was Spike's motivation to go to the human world. Though, I did think it funny that Discord thought to send clothes only after Fluttershy went. Like others said, I would like to see Fluttershy be given a little more time to adjust to her new body. When I had pony characters suddenly turn human, I detailed the characters' struggle with suddenly having to walk on two legs.

You don't have to follow all that, but I think them good suggestions.

5654092 good point and did they turn into humans or not ????

Login or register to comment