• Published 2nd Nov 2013
  • 8,002 Views, 210 Comments

Musings of a Fallen Princess - Humanity



A small spinoff of The Lost Element. Deep within the Everfree Forest, a forgotten princess muses over her recent failure and the arrival of someone bringing something she has never received before. Appreciation and understanding.

  • ...
45
 210
 8,002
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
Comments ( 101 )

I will see that my comment comes out clean. I cannot say how much this saddens me. I understand that death is inevitable, but this is going far beyond.

All I can say that I'm now feeling slightly bitter from this, and sorrowful. Even though this is a fic, I still can't stand this.

However, I won't let bitter get a hold of me. This was well done and good job on it. While sad, I don't want to hate it.

I must ask, is this going to occur in the future chapters of your fic? :unsuresweetie:

4067379 Well, not the main storyline. But possibly at the end of a 'behind the scenes' story I will have on the side. Although the ending will differ somewhat.

4067400 That's good to hear. I'd really hate to see it happen in the main story. :rainbowderp:

4067548 It will still be canon though. Poor Nightmare Moon just can't seem to catch a break.:fluttershysad:

Just have to make an alternate universe in my head of NMM not commiting suicide

:ajsleepy: "nex Sacramento sol moon drasa" = forgotten tongue = may you find eternal peace with the souls untold and those you love nightmare moon, princess of dreams

4067575 I understand... being able to age without change and/or end would be torture itself.... especially without loved ones... :fluttercry:

Any chance of you making a third version of the story where James end up with Nightmare instead of Fluttershy or Rarity?

4068169 Well... Not exactly a third version, but anything is possible when you are a weaver of dreams. :raritywink:

The whole time I was reading the story, this kept playing in my head:

It certainly fits the tone of the story.

4068348 To be honest, I'm not certain how this song relates to this story in any way. Am I just not reading between the lines?

4068583 It's a tragic love song about preferring illusion over reality. Also, the whole thing generally sounds like a sad anime track.

That, and your cover art features NMM as a literal "eye without a face."

You are far too good a writer. FAR too good. Half way into the chapter I couldnt stop crying. :applecry: I tell you from the moment Nightmare started crying so did I up to the very last sentance and even as I write this the tears still run down my face. Once again, you are FAR too good a writer.

4068866 I cried myself not long after writing past the first page.

4067379 I hope this no happen in the actual fic cuz that would suck.

sorry for spelling and grammar, to lazy to do a great job on it right now

4068888
I can certainly see why. The ammount of feeling you put into these chapters is (so far) unparralelled. I havent ready any stories the have made me feel so much for a long while. Good luck in future works and keep being amazing.

A truley touching ending to a exellent fic

4068898 I am certain Humanity isn't planning on it.

4068942 Thank you. May I ask what the highlights of this story were to you?

2 months ago I would've said that few things could move me to tears anymore. Lately I have encountered numerous things that work my emotions with ease. Joy, laughter, sadness and more have been felt more and more, but this hit me on a higher level than usual. your work, well-written as it is, managed to hit me much harder than I thought possible.

Even now 30 minutes later I still can't help but reflect back on it and feel my throat tighten in sadness. Thank-you for the read tonight

4069916 Thank you for the praise. May I ask what parts of this story hit you the hardest?

4069938

In regards to the final chapter? You hit me hardest with her reminiscing about what the inevitable flow of time had wrought and what it meant to her, a immortal who is untouched by such mortal constraints....and the one thing that truly saddens (and at the same time scares) me the most...something I have known since I was a child.

4069177 I guess so, i mean it would cause a pretty drastic ending to the fic if it ended all like

"It was a beautiful day in equestria, well except for everyone just having died"

4069938 The reminder that our hero is still mortal and Nightmare Moon was immortal, and how it was worded.

Knowing this ending is canon post-The-Lost-Element, how am I supposed to enjoy that story now?

4072473 No, this ending is not quite canon.

4072527 Huh. Thought you told someone else it is.

4072564 This story's ending is lacking some elements that will be introduced later on in The Lost Element. The ending of the 'other' story I have planned will be canon. Sadly, it will not be that much unlike this one.

Comment posted by Xanatos Speed Chess deleted Mar 12th, 2014
Comment posted by Xanatos Speed Chess deleted Mar 12th, 2014

4072693 Not much different, huh? Well, in that case...

4069268 I loved pretty much Everything about this fic, how she missed and longed for him, how she asked her sisters to end her, and how she was reunited with her precious one at the end.

I cannot express how much I love that story:heart:

All the fucking feels :pinkiesad2::pinkiesad2::pinkiesad2::pinkiesad2::pinkiesad2:

4104302 Well, we all interpret things differently.

I can't stand it when I dislike and love a story all at the same time. I always feel like this with these kind of stories. Good work and keep it up.

4121460 Well, what did you dislike and love that left you so conflicted?

4121775 Death in general makes me extremely sad. I have no problem accepting it, its just sad. So when a story kills someone off it just makes me gloomy if that makes sense. Its especially bad in my opinion when it involves immortals. I don't dislike stories that have this. It just makes me sad and I don't like being sad XD I love this story because its very well written, the emotions flow out of the words, and while it may be sad the love and dedication is astounding. Very few stories actually give a sense of closure like yours when they kill off the last surviving lover or friend. So to wrap it up your story was amazing. I just don't like being sad cause it wrecks my mood XD

:pinkiesad2: Damn it! You had to go and make me cry didn't you?!

I can't hold all my feels...:raritycry:

4242085 My apologies, but...that was kind of the point.:twilightblush:

May I ask what parts of each chapter left the biggest impact on your feels?

4255159 *installs an extra 4 gb of memory*:raritywink:

Thank you. If I may ask, which parts really left a strong impression on you?

4242153
The main one was on the final chapter, when Nightmare made her final decision and when Celestia and Luna finally went through with her request. I was crying for when the princesses cried about losing their 'sister'.

I am a Nightmare sympathizer, and I usually think that there is more than what people were seeing on the surface. Some of the portrayals of Nightmare in other fics were something I usually enjoyed reading about, so things like when the human of this story saw her as more than a monster or a curse.

I always like to see the stories where people creatively show redemption of an antagonist, alternate endings, or seeing stories from a different POV.

Now, I have quite a strange opinion on this fanfic. I think The Lost Element is the greatest story ever written, period. However, for the most part I severely dislike this fanfic. Even though seeing things from the point of view of Nightmare Moon was a cool concept, it ended up dragging and ending up repetitive. Also, the clop scene is the worst you've ever done. I loved the clop scenes in TLE since they were written so well and done in a way that wasn't blatant like other fics. However, this clop scene ended up just feeling like you brought in a less talented writer to make the chapter. Despite all this, the last chapter was great. It wasn't as good as people are saying, and TLE crushes it under its heel, but it's still a good way to at least partially redeem this fic. Sorry Humanity, but 4/10. I expected better.

4508334 My apologies on this story not turning out the way you liked it. I pretty much wrote this story on a whim anyway.

My god....this has to be one of the greatest storys ive ever read.continue with all the good work youve done:pinkiehappy:

4551021 Thank you. I would love to hear what stood out to you in this story if you have time.

That had to be one of the best damn story I've read in a long time. I'm drowning in feels right now.

that day…was five hundred years ago…

:fluttercry: when she said that it broke my heart!!!!!!!!!!!!:fluttercry::raritycry:

YOU ARE A GOD!!!!!!!!! ONLY A GOD COULD WRITE SOMETHING LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!:fluttercry::raritycry::fluttercry:

Login or register to comment