• Published 27th Oct 2013
  • 1,751 Views, 35 Comments

If you give Derpy a muffin - TheLoveless



If you give Derpy a muffin, she will want another. when she wants another, she will want to be your friend. When she wants to be your friend, would you accept?

  • ...
4
 35
 1,751

If you give Derpy a muffin

Years had passed since the attempted conquest of Queen Chrysalis, and the Changelings, as grotesque as they may seem, have finally become members of society. Although hated by practically every one, they still roam the world of Equestria, unashamed of their unique talent, and hole-filled structures. All but one: a changeling who had made her way into society as her new self, a dark pink mare with an icy mane, jagged and short. No pony looked like her, and no one would know either way.

Every day she worked at a bakery, getting paid for doing almost nothing. Every day new faces came in, ponies, griffons, a changeling on the rare occasion, and even a crystal pony or two. No one ever bothered to stay and chat, or even say hello, they just came in, and left minutes later. Only one pony stayed, and she just ate muffins like there was no
tomorrow, always there at the end of every month. "Excuse me, miss. We’re going to be closing soon. Is there anything I can get you?" Once again, she had to ask the same question at the end of the day at the end of every month.

"Oh, hi, Iris! Can I get another muffin?" Her tongue was hanging out, covered in bread crumbs and blue stain.

For a moment, she didn't acknowledge the request, but for once she had been called by her real name, not "Waitress", or "Ma'am", but Iris.

"Of course, I'll get you one, on me." Happiness overcame her for once in her sad life, and as a result, she decided to buy two muffins. Once she had come back to the table where the mare resided, she witnessed a table getting licked, and unnaturally moving eyes.

"Here you are" she said cheerily as she scooted one of the two breakfast pastries across to the grey mare. Derpy was too captivated by the table to notice the muffin or even Iris for that matter. Feeling bold, Iris spoke up. "Um, what’s your name? I see you so often, but I never get to ask." Her voice lowered as her fear of being denied an answer set in.

"My name is Derpy Hooves! Thank you for the muffin!!!" Perhaps she did notice it. Within seconds, the muffin and its wrapper had been devoured, and swallowed whole. As anypony, or changeling would expect, she couldn't resist just having one. "Can I have another, please?"

Iris looked at the muffin she was holding and pushed it to Derpy, not being a fan of sweets, or baked goods.

"Here, you can have this one." Without a second of hesitation, Derpy ate the second muffin, remembering to chew this second time, and to not swallow the wrapper. "Ms. Hooves, you really like muffins, don't you?"

"Can I be your friend?" Derpy didn't even bother answering the pink mare. The obvious answer would have been a yes. A smile arose on her face as her eyes realigned, "Can I be your friend? Please?"

Taken aback by the question, Iris had to think about it, not knowing what to do, what would happen if Derpy found out she was a changeling. More questions arose than answers, and all the answers just brought with them new questions. Derpy could see her stress, and Iris had to ponder on what to say next. After a minute passed closing she finally answered the question, "Ms. Hoov- Derpy, I'd like to be your friend but..."

Derpy lunged at Iris, hugging her with such intensity it felt unnatural, "Please!!!!"

She didn't want to pass up the chance to make her first friend from her new life.

But what if she hates me? What if she told everypony who I really am?

Oh, wait. I have nothing to lose anymore, do I?

"Derpy, can I tell you something, and you promise not to be scared or tell anyone?" Derpy gave her strongest nod she could manage and stuck out her tongue. "Okay, Derpy. The reason I can't be friends with you is… because I’m-" She couldn't press on without getting the truth out, and it was Derpy's cute smile that spurred her to go on. "I'm a changeling."

Derpy sucked her tongue back into her mouth, and stared aimlessly around.

"Is that the only reason? I don't mind." She was still too happy for her own good. "I have plenty of friends who are changelings, and they’re all so nice and sweet." Derpy clearly didn't wasn't going to to lose another potential friend.

Shocked by the response, and the fact Derpy actually befriended changelings, she had made up her mind.

"Okay Derpy, I will be your friend, and you can be my first." She hugged Derpy back who had been hanging onto her for some time now. "I’m glad I met you, Ms. Hooves."

"Why are you glad? Don’t the other ponies talk with you?" Derpy's smile dropped, and her grasp weakened. "So I’m your first friend?"

A discerning nod comforted the questions, "Yes, you're my first friend. No other pony even called me by my name."

The truth had set in once more, "For two whole years, I have never been called my name, or even made a friend."

Derpy once again tightened her grip, and squeezed her new changeling friend, "Well people are mean! You're too kind to not get called something!!!" She gripped the mare once more, and forced her into reverting to her original form, "I'm sorry."

She had once again seen the monster she was born as, "It’s okay, I needed a reminder, and I forgot who I was." Upon looking into the polished glass of the window, she realized her eyes where teal. Had she never noticed? "Ms. Hooves, do people act like you’re not like them? Not normal?"

Derpy continued her hug on the black, blue eyed changeling, "They treat me like that, but I know I’m not normal." A tear entered her eye, "I'm not normal, because I’m better." Tears began to pour out onto Iris's lap, encouraging her to return the hug she got a while ago. She did, and Derpy had one last remark to say before having to hide her tears.

"I'm special just like you." 10 minutes past closing, and time to leave the building once again.

"Derpy... you aren't special," she looked up and realized they both had started to cry, "You, Derpy, are one of a kind." Two arms reached around the gray mare and her golden hair, "you will always be the only you in this world."

Author's Note:

point in writing this, Don't judge people, hate people or even dislike them, just becuase they are diffrent. wether they hare mentally handicapped, mentally ill(such as depression, and those) or what ever they might have or be. we all need friends and the ones with no real friends need you to be thier friend.

the Heartless Generosity is out.

EDITED BY: David Brony

Comments ( 34 )

Is this.....
Is that changeling....
Is this a story about me!?!?!
*Muffins rain from the sky*
I knew one day it would happen!

3404721
Are you at every story I come to? And you just so happen to bring your muffin machine with you?

:facehoof:

Side note: I loved the book this was based on as a foal and am ecstatic this fic was written.

If you don't mind, I can take the downloaded file and send it to you tomorrow after I'm done editing this for grammar and conventions. Would that be fine with you?

Sincerely yours,
David Brony :facehoof:

3404758
My question is still unanswerd....

3404785
I can't find the question you mentioned in my inbox or in my notifications tab, so which question is that? :rainbowderp:

3404797
......
*points down at the first comment*

3404812
I believe that question was not directed at me, therefore I did not answer it, as I am not the author of this fanfic.:twistnerd:

As for MY answer, I shall answer your question with another question:
IS this story about you? :duck:

3404830
Seems oddly similar dont you think,
Changeling....
Muffins....
Derpy....
Sound familiar?

I'm gonna read this tomorrow. I'm leery, though. Any author who thinks its good practice to spell out the story's intent in its description probably isn't a good writer.
And I'm too-prepared to eat my words should I be wrong. :derpytongue2:

3404721 oh for the love of... This story is not about you, you are a nimrod

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw....
Just like derpy :derpytongue2:

3405002
:facehoof: i cant look but yes most people are like the ones that bully me.:applecry:not much eneymore but still. And this story is awsome nice meaning nice note i like.:pinkiesad2:

This was cute. I'm glad i read it before going to bed.

3404776 that'd be fine:twilightsheepish: but only if you want to:unsuresweetie:

3404721>>3404758>>3405002

truth be told this storry is about me:eeyup: you probly couldn't tell but i am being spike for a while.:eeyup:

3404853 spelling out the meaning for the story in the discription?

well last story i wrote that wasn't like this )a ship fic( some one was reading it and commented about it:eeyup: plus its to yuo know in advance:facehoof: don't eat your words:eeyup:

3405438 :rainbowlaugh: yes, :derpytongue2:X:muffins: :yay:

3405667 :eeyup: like i say, people are evil, and mean:fluttercry:.

3405748 thanks for thinking its cute:twilightsmile:

3405943
but you got that one or two people:twilightsmile:but dont get them mixed up for as i call changlengs thay pretend to be your frend then before you know it a fist is thrown at you. that's how i got into my first fight that b*** got two hits before i defend and win not hurd but enath to hert:raritycry: and she sead "does that hert ?"
me"yes"..second hit.."yes stop" and we fught but i won my reaction by the fact shes bigger than me:rainbowderp:

3405930
Oh im gana sue sompony
*Takes out a briefcase and opens it*
Heres my settlement terms.
*Hands you a muffin with the words.....*
More muffins!
*...On it*

3406349 how can you sue me fr being myself?:duck: its imposible.:ajbemused:

don't claim whats not yours, it will comeback and ruin your life:twilightsmile:

lesson to learn: don't screew with my muffins

3406664
*Sitting on a pile of muffins*
Wait...
Dont claim what isnt yours?
*Looks at the muffins which all say*
Dont touch my muffins, love derpy.
Uh oh...
*A grey shadow looms on the horizon*
Not the face!!!
*Today Soft shell learned a valuable lesson*
If your going to steal muffins, dont steal from derpy...

3405930
Soft and I were just playing a game. He is determined to bring me over to the muffin side, I tell you. As for editing this, I just saw your message and you should expect it in your inbox this evening.

3406701 okay thanks.:eeyup:

soft.... okay, i will game with him if he has the rigth games, and stuff:twilightsheepish:)bord(

3406699 true that:twilightblush: *eats muffin:eeyup:*:moustache:

i'd like to play a game with you:eeyup:

3406727
Also, was the title and description a play on the children's book, If You Give A Mouse A Cookie?

3406749 pritty much:twilightsmile: it didnt realy follow the book though:fluttershysad:

3406755
The edited copy is up with the same name in my unpublished stories. Hope you use it here! :twilightsmile:
(link in my blog, first time doing this so if I'm doing it wrong tell me)

3405942

I...don't know what you're trying to tell me. :facehoof:
I got the part about a shipping fic--they're not the bane of existence, if they're well-written--and something about not eating my words.
Is it some kind of fore-warning, or what? :rainbowhuh:

Omg loved this!!! :applecry: (these are tears of joy!)

3410612 nnot sure, but people will read a fic sometimes and it woun't be what they expected and dislike it.:unsuresweetie:

its been a week since i've been on)more or less a week( so i don't know what i was trying to do, hope you enjoyed it:moustache:

3413423 glad you liked it. :eeyup: (:fluttercry: joy!!!!)

thanks for the fave(if our the one who faved it:twilightsheepish:)

This made me feel warm and happy....if only for a very brief moment. :pinkiehappy:

Ohhhh, Hugs! I need hugs!

Login or register to comment