• Published 13th Nov 2013
  • 523 Views, 16 Comments

The Hidden Clans - RedRaven



In Equestria, there are two clans in the north, the Rebel changelings, and the Sea Ponies who disguise themselves as Pegusi. These clans have fought for thousands of years, and two ponies try to put a stop to all the fighting.

  • ...
4
 16
 523

Chapter 2: Seeing Old Friends, Meeting New Enemies

Dove's POV

I had just saw our clans rivals. They hunt us for out Sea Pony scales. The strange thing is, they don't even know that the clan that they are rivals with are the ones who hunt them. That wasn't why I was shocked and why this was a bad situation. I was somewhat scared I would DIE, but not really...

ThunderThrash was among them, hovering next to two changelings. One of my friends, the one that I comforted for all those years I spent in Ponyville. The pony that knew all of my secrets. I had to do something... I swam to the bottom of the lake and found a rock. I took a bracelet off my hoof and pressed it against the rock. The rock magically got a picture of a Dove on it. I went to the water surface and tossed the rock out. The water vibrated some more, as the changelings and company reacted to my action. I remember when we were just foals...

I sat atop Thunder's hiding place, stroking his mane with my hoof, and had my wings wrapped around him. He wept for a long, long time.

"It's... all my fault... Everything is!" Thunder would always cry.

"Who told you that?" I would ask, keeping a kind look on my face.

"Silver, Lighting, and Hearts!" He would cry out. Hearts... she was a pretty good pony. The love of Thunder's life. I mean, he and his brother, LightningLash, would fight over everything, including Hearts. Thunder and Lightning both really love Heartfire, but Thunder was pretty bold about it. Thunder is a coward, I must say. Lightning is a shy warrior, while Thunder is a bold coward. I believe it was switched around at birth. Poor Thunder. Everypony blames him, because he is a trouble maker, and a lot of times no matter what happens, it is Thunders fault completely or indirectly his fault.

Red's worried voice is what snaps me back to reality,"What the hay are you doing?!?" She exclaims.

"Just watch." I sigh happily. A few seconds later, Thunder is standing over the water, no changelings present.

"Dove?" Thunder said, and I could barely hear him on the other side of the water. I popped my head out of the water. I made sure that I had a stern expression.

"Looks like that magic bracelet I made you worked." He stated happily, grinning. "What are you doing here Dove? We all thought you were dead!"

"I..." I started, but Red suddenly pulled me under the water.

"What are you doing now?!? How does he know you?" Red exclaimed frantically. I glared at her for the first time.

"This is something I need to do!" I pulled away, rising up to the surface.

"Sorry about that," I sighed," My friend here is a tad overprotective."

Thunder nodded, his grey mane swaying in the night winds, he has a bright yellow coat that is so bright it looks a bit green. He had a sad look in his eyes, that I used my special talent to detect. My cutie mark is ironically a dove, it stands for creating peace, and cheering other people up whenever they are sad, as I did to him all those years.

" What happened?" I sighed afraid of what I might hear.

I assumed that since Thunder was now a grown 18 year old Stallion would not cry like a little foal. I was right, but he shed a single tear and looked up into my eyes.

" Well you know how...Heartfire got married?" He whispered, and despair seemed to overtake the both of us. I immediatly knew the problem. He has spent his entire life trying to woo Heartfire, and now she was married... To Lightning. I didn't have to be a genius to figure that one out. Thunder had lost. Sadly, he'd been sad about this for the longest time.

"I'm... So sorry." I said slowly.I remember the wedding, such a happy day. I swam over to the shore and dragged myself out of the water. Red continued to stay underwater, not trusting the stallion she saw with the changelings.

"I am very sorry about Hearts," I started, feeling bad for leaving behind a sore subject so quickly."But why are you with those..."

"Monsters? They aren't monsters, Dove. Changelings deserve some love too."

"Thunder,"I started slowly,"I never said they were monsters."

"Oh..." his ears pointed down,"I'm sorry. I just...I've been through so much."

I nodded,"I figured as much, but you haven't answered my question. Why did you join them?" I couldn't help but dislike the changeling clan, but I always knew that each side of an argument (calling this an argument is a huge understatement though) have their good and bad points. Though its hard to see any good in Sea Pony hunting...

"They accepted me, Dove. They were the only ponies that actually understand me."

"I understand you. Silver understands you,"

"But you disappeared! And Silver just forgot I existed!"

"Silver is probably very busy with Dust," I explained kindly.

Thunder snicked,"That sounded so wrong...but its probably true, even in the wrong context."

This was my Thunder, I facehoofed, as he burst out laughing. I had no idea what to say, so I burst out laughing with him. Big mistake.

Comments ( 6 )

3729189 Wait what kind of pony is dove?

3732312 Pegusi/Sea Pony

Okay. Your story's good and has a fairly original concept among what I've read from this fandom (I keep thinking of Romeo and Juliet though). I'm a bit confused as to why sea ponies (hippocampi) can shape shift, but I won't complain if you leave it off to being inherent sea pony magic. I think you should look for an editor. The reason for this is that a lot of your phrasing ends up feeling awkward (I'm pretty sure this is the main reason for all the dislikes). Other than that I don't recall any problems aside from spelling pegasi "pegusi" (also in the name of the town mentioned in the first chapter should be Pegasus' Way or Pegasus's Way) Have my fav and I'll be watching to see if this story will take my "like" like it has my interest. Best of luck to you.

3779154
I've created my own long history of sea ponies :pinkiehappy:

Login or register to comment