• Published 2nd Oct 2013
  • 1,360 Views, 28 Comments

The Naked Gun 42.5: The Trottening - Ocean Heart



Crime never sleeps, that's why Captain Frank Drebin take seven hours rather than the recommended eight to sleep. Now a new threat arises to test the hardened detective, a colorful, short, diabolical, dredful threat filled with candy and friendsh

  • ...
2
 28
 1,360

Time for Action

The coffee I drank had started settling, the all too familiar feeling of uncomfortable clenching for hours on end until I got home from a long day on the job; but this crook was making me clench even more uncomfortably...I wasn't sure how to proceed, I had a face and and a name after I pulled some records concerning this "Babs Seed." Seems the filly was one tough cookie, and not the good kind...the kind that's been sitting out all night and chips your teeth when you unknowingly bite into it in the morning. Regardless, if a chipped tooth meant going home, I had no choice but to take a big bite out of this crime dog..pony...

"Mr. Detective guy?"

Frank blinked rapidly and shook his head out of the day dream, looking around, he remembered being in the hospital with Deep Throat;the poor informant suffered what most moles go though at one point or another...the hard beating after being ratted out. The stallion was lucky to be alive after what they put him though, lying in bed with body nearly all covered in casts and bandages. Frank was just busy thinking of that jerky..how chewy it was and how the horse was cooked-

"Sir...?"

This time it was the nurse who broke Frank out of his thoughts, he turned around and stuffed his hands in his pockets, looking down at the white coat mare the a red cross on her flank.

"The protection unit just arrived." She said, meaning it was time for him to get back to the case...

"Thank you, miss, I just wanted to make sure he would be okay; guess its goes to show that men and women of the police force stick together...even if one is a horse."

Frank looked around and let out a long sigh, not sure how to keep that conversation going when the mare looked at him with confusion showing.

No matter what, it was that time again..time to hit the streets and take down this crime lord. Frank managed to do a little homework on the dirt the mole was able to dig up. "Babs Seed" was her name, a filly from the big city with even bigger ambitions...Frank had a name, a face and enough evidence to take down this punk...

Guess Pinkie Pie held her end of the bargain...

Frank blew out a sigh and turned around, the pink mare almost bouncing in place after staying still for so long.

"I guess that means you're free to go, Miss. Pie, you've been a great help to the police force."

Pinkie Pie tilted her head and raised a brow.

"What kinda friend would I be to just leave with the job half done?!"

The human raised a brow, not sure when he became friends with the hyperactive horse; still, he could have worse back-up; Pinkie Pie has proven resourceful...as long as she didn't get in the way of real police work. So after a little thought, he looked up and saw the two police-ponies walk into the room and make it known that he was no longer needed.

"We need you to wrap it up, sir." One of the ponies in blue said.

Frank sighed again and looked back over at the stallion in the bed, a strange deja vu coming back to him once he realized he put his hand on the bed. Something about the moment was bringing back a half memory, Frank looked over at the controls for the bed and wondered if the stallion was comfortable is such an odd position that the nurses left him in...

"Sir." The pony reminded...

Frank looked back and grumbled, turning around and only patting the stallion on the shoulder as he leaves. Pinkie following closely and ready to act, both of them tired of being on the defense..now was the time for an attack, now was the time for them to walk into the hornets nest and drag out the queen...now was also the time that Deep Throat's bed malfunctions and starts bashing him between the mattress, cops stumbling to stop the bed from making his already bad situation worse.

_ _

"I thought I told yous to send that coppa runnin'!"

Babs Seed was angry, angry at her gang for failing at such a simple task...unfortunately, she was also getting nervous. Even after eliminating the mole, this guy wouldn't quit; perhaps a more personal touch was needed to mend this situation...

"I want the two jerks who failed in my office!"

Babs needed a plan, something to send him packing without raising suspicion....maybe a little grease on the hoof might get him out of town...

The two stallions walked into the already cramped office, Babs motioning for everyone else to take a hike. Glaring them down while she thought; she didn't like it one bit, to lose some edge and resort to paying a PI to drop his case was low. It felt like begging a cop to not throw her in jail...and she would never beg...sniveling like a filly, defeated and stuck in the big house for a long time. The thought overcame her ego and she stood up, both stallions gulping and going wide eyed.

"I need yous two to do a job..."

If she had to beg...she was going to do it in style.

_ _

Later that day...

Frank was busy all day busting high ranking members of the mob, all of them awaiting a deal to sell out the leader in return for an easy sentence; some begged, some fought...all brought down by the magic of justice...about to hit one last key member of the organization, Frank entered the fine restaurant, the stallion in a shady part of the place was his target... unaware that his affiliation to the gang was now in the open. In Frank's mind, a money weighted supporter of crime was worse than the thug hold the gun...to have the gall to fund such things but think yourself above criminal action...it made him sick the moment he saw the stallion sitting with more than his fair share of mares in a booth...

"-Did you know that I practically own Equestria's leading producer of apples...right here in Ponyville!"

Frank closed the rest of the distance with a confidant swagger and pulled out his badge, the mares going frozen and stallion looking annoyed...

"I was hoping to have a private conversation with you, Mr.?"

The mares caught the hint and scattered like flies, Frank grinning and grabbing a chair from a table to take a seat across from him.

"Rich...Filthy Rich...and you are?" He said, gaining a stone cold composure.

Smug bastard...

"Detective Frank Drebin, police squad. I got a few questions for you..."

The real police were waiting outside for the signal...all in force to take down another crime lord the moment he incriminates himself. Evidence was good, an admission of guilt was inescapable.

"Ask away." He said, sitting back and smiling.

"Where were you on the night your bank was "robbed"?"

"At home, reading to my child to help her go to sleep."

It was a practiced lie, it didn't take much investigating to find out the truth; yet to hear the Filthy Rich lie to his face...it was a little insulting.

"Then why did your daughter say she sleeping over at her friends house that night?"

That got his attention...Rich sat up and leaned over the table, a scowl replacing the grin slowly as he mumbled to himself.

"She must be getting the nights wrong, after all...who's memory is perfect when your but a child being question by police without parental consent."

Now it was his turn to grin...

"I'm not with the police force here, sir. Consent was not needed, now lets try this again. Did you agree to let a gang hold up your public bank so you could steal that money?"

Rich stood up now, anger getting the best of him when he slammed his hooves down on the table.

"Are you accusing me of FRAUD?!"

Filthy Rich was a smart man...but not a wise one...he stormed out of the booth and started for the door, Frank just stood up calmly and called back.

"I can make it go away..."

That stopped the pony in his tracks...

"Like I said, I can send the cops in a whole new direction...away from you..."

Rich turned around and glared...

"Are you blackmailing me...?"

Frank just smirked.

"......Fine...how much do you want?"

Frank cleared his throat.

"About twenty years!"

......Nothing happened...

Filthy Rich just looked at him...understanding slowly dawning on his face.

"Erm...I said... about twenty years!

Rich suddenly backed away from the door and dug in his coat, Frank cursed silently and went for his gun; all too late when the stallion had a gold magnum trained at the detective's chest. Back-up wasn't coming..for some reason or another...Frank was on his own again.

Escorted out the back with a gun, no doubt on him the entire time until they reached an alley. The stallion ordered him to stop, Frank wanted to turn around; instincts told him that doing so would not be the best idea...which means that all that was left is-

A hard thump of the butt of a gun across the head and Frank's world was consumed by blackness.

Comments ( 5 )

My goodness this is going to be so hilarious just like the movies... Ah the good times

4265034 I certainly hope I do impress by the end of this crazy story!

This still being done or is it dead?

6206082 It is indeed being made, but I tend to put my more serious toned fics at a higher priority. Mostly the time issue is because of my job and collage consuming my life, but now that I'm taking a break, I HOPE to put out more frequent content.

How I feel clicking on the first chapter of the story and How I felt the first time I watched MLP

7:23 https://youtu.be/zeN7D1x-phc

Login or register to comment