• Published 4th Sep 2013
  • 2,798 Views, 49 Comments

Draconequus at large! - swingbeat



I have always been one to pull pranks and magic tricks. But the prank pulled on me for my birthday? Probably overkill.

  • ...
3
 49
 2,798

Its a Horse of Course

Spaz

The sea breeze was flowing through my mane and I was laying side by side with my Fractal, his warm body pressed next to mine. My heart was liquified. The stars in Luna's sky twinkled with a gentle shine as the moon lazily flew through the sky. We had just finished a delightful meal and we were star gazing from Seahorse Bay. As we sat, I looked up and saw a dark figure over head, but I saw her starry mane. Apparently even Luna wanted to enjoy her work and I saw her fly around a bit. But I paid her no mind, just nuzzling up to Fractal on this marvelous weekend getaway.

“Dear Celestia I don't want this to ever end,” I sighed. Fractal hummed in agreement.

Fractal once joked, saying that the odds of us actually getting along and being able to date were so far out of reach only chaos could make it happen. That reminded me of my nightmare I had.

“Fractal?”

“Yes my dear?” he said, his naturally tenor voice chirped.

“Promise me that no matter what happens we will never part,” I said, nuzzling closer to him.

“I promise my dear Spaz.”

We sat together for a longer while. Then, seeing as how we were both falling asleep, we decided to head back to the hotel. As we walked, I felt like somepony was watching me from afar. I looked around and saw nopony. Then I decided to get closer to Fractal, just in case. So I schooched over a bit…then a little bit more...then I looked in his direction and found he wasn't there, like he just ceased to exist. I looked around frantically. I looked behind me, in front, side to side. Then I heard something scream from an alleyway.

“I WANT MY BODY BACK!”

Suddenly, one of those creatures from my nightmare sprung from the shadows and toppled me over as it gripped my throat. In self defense, I threw my hooves at it, causing the creature to fall off. I called for Fractal, but no answer. As I fought the monster off, it threw obscene words towards me, all the while telling me to “give his life back to him”. I tried to tell him I had no idea what was going on.

“Of course you do you damn Nag!” He flung himself at me, but I quickly turned and bucked him.


***
Suddenly I awoke to the sound of coughing, pain, agony, and an even higher pitched Entropy
“SWEET CELESTIA BUCKING A RUBBER DUCKIE! THAT HURTS!”

He was bent over in pain while I shook the sleep out of my eyes. That was when I realized it was all a dream.

Just a dream...

I apologized for hurting him.

“This is the thanks I get for saving our sorry tails? A buck to the bit purse!?!”

“Sorry Entropy.”

“Sorry nothing! I was just trying to tell you that I found something in my memories about Fractal.”

“Yes?”

As he straighted up as his pain subsided, he continued. “In my memories, I searched through untold amounts of files and in them I found a locked section of my mind that has the name ‘Fractal's memories’. In it, and I don't remember how I came across them, but I read that sometimes a pony can make a deal with a draconequus. However, I don't remember the deal or why I have his memories.”

This hit me like a train.

“You mean to say you have Fractal's memories locked away in your head?”

“Yes I do, but i dont know how to unlock them, how I came to have them, nor do I remember anything that happened with them. But something tells me that Fractal is alive somewhere here. We just need to find him.”

At this, I demanded that we start the search for him when Entropy said, “I would love to, but I have no idea where to start.”

“Well,” I said, remembering how Fractal loved the country side, “Fractal loved the wide open spaces. So if he is one of the ‘afflicted’ like you say he was, then he would go to somewhere that would have wide open spaces.”

“I only know of one place that could be,” Entropy said and, before I knew it, he flung me into a strange contraption he called a plane that was made up of all sorts of things and tossing my plushie to me, which I held for want of Fractal. He jumped in with a brown jacket and goggles and told me to hang on as we took off into the sky and almost as soon as we were up in the sky did i feel that strange inside-out feeling of teleportation again.


When I finally stopped my head from spinning, I found myself flying over a field. Entropy had a pair of binoculars and was scouring the land below us, then asked if I could take a look and what I saw down on the ground filled my heart, because down there were a whole bunch of ponies. Then, what did my eyes see? I saw Fractal's tail! I told Entropy to get us down there and, before I knew it, we were falling out of the sky. As we were screaming towards the ground, I suddenly saw something poof near our landing point. Then, as we reached, I saw it was a pillow. Meanwhile, all the way down, I was screaming until...WUMPH! A flurry of feathers filled my vision. As I waved the feathers away, I saw Entropy. Or rather, a crater in the shape of Entropy with a pillow right next to it. I got up and looked in it and saw only darkness.

“Entropy, are you ok?”

I heard his voice echo back in a strange language.

“Rúguǒ nǐ qù fānyì zhège nǐ hái bùrú zhīdào, rènhé shíhòu wǒ zài jiǎng yī zhǒng yǔyán, bùshì yīngyǔ, wǒ huì gěi yīgè breif kuījiàn dào wǒ zài zuò shénme, yǐbiàn suíshí liúyì!” He soon popped out of his crater dressed like he just came from Chineigh and was holding a take out box and chopsticks.

Seeing as he was obviously okay because he was making jokes, I then hurried over to see if Fractal was still under that tree. As I galloped over the hill crest, I was so happy that I was crying and my eyes were shut. Then, I ran into something hard, knocking me flat. As I shook my head, I looked up and saw a brown Saddle Arabian with a black mane.

You could almost hear my heart break when I apologized and turned. But when I did, I felt a nuzzle. I turned and found him looking back at me. He nieghed.

“Fractal?” I asked.

All he did was shake his head. I did not need to know anything else.

I jumped up and hugged him. I found him, I really found him! As I nuzzled up to him, he nuzzled up to me a bit, then he nipped me.

“Oh, just wait till we get back to normal Fractal!” I said. Obviously he was frisky, as I was too, I will admit. But I could wait for him to be returned to normal then i would let him have it! Suddenly, Fractal reared and tried to mount me. I side-stepped and tried to scold him, only for him to try it again.

“Fractal! What's gotten into you?” I said, my mood turning sour.

Then he readied again and charged for me. It was about this time that Entropy finally showed up and saw what was happening, he dropped his take out food and took the blow from Fractal. The sight of Entropy scared Fractal so much that he gallaped away, leaving me disturbed, confused, and mad at him.

“Did you just see what Fractal tried to do to me!?!” I yelled at Entropy who was clutching his stomach

“I did,” he wheezed, “but the problem was...ow…that wasn't Fractal.”

“What do you mean that wasn't Fractal? I saw it in his eye. Tthe way he nuzzled up to me like he used to.”

Entropy got up. “If Fractal got sent here, he would not have been tunred into a horse.”

“How dare you call my stallion a whorse!” I shot at him.

“Horse, h-o-r-s-e . Horse. I know you may think it's him, but it's not.”

As he explained things to me, it started to make more sense. I guess my desperation to find Fractal was making my mind fuzzy. Entropy saw my tears and sat beisde me on the grassy hill and wrapped his bear arm around me, saying, “Don’t worry Spazzy. I know it's rough, what with landing in a strange world, knowing that your home is BUBAR, and having your hopes smashed, but I promise you, I will help you find Fractal, and nothing will stop me.”

“Promise me?”

“I promise, my dear Spaz,” he said. When he said that, I felt like I would burst into tears, because he sounded just like Fractal when he said that. But I kept myself strong and gave him a hug in thanks.

When I did, however, it was like he froze. I waved a hoof in front of him to get his attention, but no luck. However, when I whacked him on the snout a bit, he came to and said something.

“I remember something!” he said as he poofed a file into his hand. On the outside, it showed a stamp that said “top secret” and when he opened it up, he said, “Do you remember if Fractal ever went off on his lonesome every now and then?”

“A few times, yes.”

“According to this memory, it was because he was meeting me! This file seems to be well into the dates, however, so it might just be a red herring, but its still a chance.”

“Well, read it to me!”

As Entropy poofed a chair up and sat in it. He began.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The country road was barren of anypony, save for one small and slightly scared earth pony. The sun was high over head, but that did not ease his mind, because he knew he had to keep his bargain with a chimera. Suddenly, a nasally tenor voice filled his left ear.

“Why, hello my dear Fractal.”

I jumped when I heard Entropy’s voice.

“Don't scare me like that! You know how I hate that.”

“I know, but it's fun.”

“For you it is...”

“So,” the draconequus slithered around me, “how's Spazzy doing?”

“Fine. She's fine. Look, can we just get this over with already?”

“Oh now, why do you have to be a spoil sport Fractal? After all, I want to know what's going on with my dearest friend.”

“I thought draconequui don't have friends.”

“Well, I am different. So, will you tell me?” grinned Entropy.

“Me and Spaz have some time off, so were going to vacation in Ponyville.”

“OOH! Such a quaint little town. You know, Discord visited that town not too long ago as part of his ‘reformation’.”

“Yeah, I know. Look, can we just get it over with?” said Fractal.

“Oh, fine… Party pooper.” Entropy grabbed Fractal by the head and opened his skull, revealing a mound of memories.

“Ah, delicious, sweet, chaotic memories!”

And with a flourish the reels swam around Entropy's arm and into his ear. Then, after the reel ran out, it left an exhausted Fractal on the ground with a grinning chimera looking over him.

“Thank you for those,” smiled Entropy.

It was at this time that a letter with wings flew and fluttered by Entropy’s face and, snatching it, Entropy read the letter saying, “Well, it seems we might meet again, my little pony. I have business to attend to in Ponyville as well.”

“Please don't cause too much problems, will you?”

“I won't. Remember, I still follow my promises!”

And with that, Entropy poofed in a cloud of smoke, leaving Fractal alone on the side of a road as he lost consciousness

Comments ( 5 )

expect a bit more consistent updating now that my life is calmed down now :twilightsmile: also if you have any questions comments or concerns i will be here to answer them

Well not a outright bad fic... could do with more detail in places and maybe more infomation about the main characters... but other then that not bad:scootangel:

*gasps for breath* I'm alive! Dear sweet Celestia I'm finally FREE from those damned Finals!:pinkiegasp:

On another note, back and ready to go!:twilightsmile:

:rainbowderp: Well, this took a turn for the strange. Definitely an interesting take on the fivescoreverse. Though it is a shame alex got her memories erased. :fluttershysad:

I wonder if this story is dead or if the writer has plans on continuing this story.

Login or register to comment