• Published 4th Sep 2013
  • 2,798 Views, 49 Comments

Draconequus at large! - swingbeat



I have always been one to pull pranks and magic tricks. But the prank pulled on me for my birthday? Probably overkill.

  • ...
3
 49
 2,798

Eviction Notice

Entropy POV


When I said my name aloud and confirmed the fact that I am indeed Entropy, it felt, how can i say it? “Right”? Or as if it was supposed to be. I don't know. But then again, I never really did know, but it feels like I am remembering a lot of things, such as the fact that I remember how I can change forms rather than my appearance in my normal form. I remember how to become a myriad of different things, one of them being very interesting, and no, I am not telling. It makes me feel dirty and slightly moist as well. When I think of it, which, speaking of thoughts, brings me to the fact that Spaz has settled down. When I told her what had happened, she first cried a little, because she still doesn't know where this “Fractal” guy is. But, the name now sounds familiar, like I myself heard it in a dream from a long time ago... But that doesn't matter. What matters is the mental state of Spaz right now. Physically she's fine. A normal healthy mare of a different color.

“What was the last thing you remember before waking up?” I asked.

“Well,” she began, “not too much. I remember a lot of running though, and a pain in my ribs and legs and searching for Fractal.” Oh no. Here we go again...

As she cried again, I had teleported us back to the house to hide out. When she stopped crying again, I asked what Fractal looked like.

“Well, he was a plain looking earth pony. Brown body, black mane. Nothing really out of the ordinary. But he had this really hypnotic cutie mark! Something he called a ‘self similarity’... He was also extremely smart. Like, he worked as a teacher for made up math, or whatever ‘theoretical’ math is.”

As she talked, she began to sniffle a bit. That was when I had the bright idea to poof up a plushie for her. When she saw it, she nearly choked me. Again, out of thanks, but still choking. After she let go, I decided we needed to come up with a plan to get to Equestria, but first we needed to find Fractal.

That was when we got a knock at the door. It sounded forceful. Almost as if...

“This is the police. Is everything alright in there? We got reports of some sort of explosion and loud disruptive noises.”

For the love of Eris. Not them. Anything but them.

“Anyone in there?”

I saw a shadow start to move on the windows. That was when I told Spaz that we had to move, because I do not feel like being tossed to a scalpel-happy scientist. I remember what happened to a certain Australian mammal when something with mismatched parts came to the attention of western science. But, unfortunately, when I tried to warp, all I got was a sputter. When I tried again, it didn't even spark! That was when I noticed that something was missing. All this time I had to ignore a slight fuzziness, but it was clear that must mean that the fuzziness is how much chaos I can make which means...

I'm out of magic...

No sooner had I realized that than spaz said, “What is that?”

As she pointed to the window, my face, if it wasn't white already, it would have been luminescent white, because, staring in was a slack jawed officer who then called in for back up and animal control. I grabbed Spaz, who then in turn clutched her plushie and I ran to the door. That was when the cop followed suit and, when I bashed through the door, I almost hit the police officer. But my luck was not that good, so I had to run and, after Spaz got the picture, she galloped along with me away from the house with a cop car in pursuit.

Que the chase scene!

As we ran away from the cop we saw that the road ahead was blocked by a pair of blue and red lights coming this way, so we skidded to the right, only to see the animal control truck come this way. So, back pedalling, we turned around and ran the other way, my legs spinning like a cartoons all while three vehicles were following us, lights going. Well, we eventually landed in a bit more urban environment where there were alleyways and such so to confuse them. We darted left and right through here, which caused the cops to follow us on foot, because by now, we had caused a stink and now had a number of people chasing after us. Then I saw a slight blur.

Oh chaos, I missed you!

I grabbed Spaz, who was still running with me, as we turned right into a dead end. The animal control officer had us in sight of a tranquilizer gun, but before he pulled the trigger, I poofed us away…

...into the next alley.

Thankfully, this time we had eluded their capture, and with one final puff of yellow magic, we came to rest at the maritime forest where we could at least stop.

As I was breathing hard and catching my breath, Spaz was clutching her Fractal plushie.

“That was close!” I said.

“I hope we don't run into those mean things again.”

“They are called humans.”

“Well, hew-man or not, I don't like them. Wait, do you think Fractal could have been one of them?” she said.

“Well, it stands to reason, what with the five score curse. But he also could still be in Equestria.”

“Isn't there some way we can find out? I mean, you have control of chaos. Can't you, like, sense him out?”

“Sorry, I can't. Only ponies I personally have come into contact with. But I've heard of him at least, unlike what you told me before, where no one knew him.”

As we settled down, I heard Spaz’s stomach rumble.

“Hungry?”

“I guess. All that running made me hungry.”

I decided to work some magic to try and make her comfortable. I took my cues from the moon above and the beach around us, so I poofed a table with two chairs, one had the plushie of Fractal in it with a number of books underneath it while Spaz suddenly found herself sitting at a small glass top table with a candle in the center.

I whipped up a maitre d outfit and asked the hungry pony, “What shall you have tonight my dear? I suggest the seahorse special with a bottle of baie poinçon.”

She agreed and, with a flourish of my waiter's cloth, I poofed a rolling cart with the ingredients (don't ask how I knew how to make this). I took steamed seaweed and chopped it into quarters, took some iceberg lettuce and tomatoes, threw a few carrots in, then, to top it off, I added a splash of dressing and skillfully mixed it, tossing it in the air and catching it in a bowl with my alligators claw. Then, poofing the tray away, I poofed up the bottle and poured a glass out of the bottle, pouring the drink. She clapped her hooves then began to dig in. As she ate, she told me more about fractal.

“Other than being smart, Fractal was really nice as well. I still wonder to this day why of all ponies he and I were to be together.”

“Could be your personality. I would.”

“Well I am sorry, but my special somepony is out there, probably scared as me.”

It was later when I poofed the table, food, and drink away that we decide to sleep.

“Would you like me to poof up a bed for you?” I asked her.

“No thank you. If Fractal out there doesn't have a bed, then I won't.”

“Alright. Your call.”

As she went off to her little spot she claimed, I levitated up to one of the taller limbs of the trees and looked out at the sea and looked at the stars. Somewhere out there Equestria is in turmoil, and I know that there are a number of ponies here that need help, but I still don't have my full power back. Perhaps I never will... And with that thought, I slumbered off to sleep.


***

The inside of my mind is a weird place. Don't expect me to make sense of it with a full on description, but I will explain what is going on.

I had fallen asleep finally and now that my mind and body are back to normal, I can easily try to access my memories again. So, I walked up to some of the older filing cabnits and looked through them. Files on events such as my “birth” were there. Then I went to the next one which housed a multitude of new things I thought could be helpful, such as the fact that all draconequui are different from each other, such as for me. I am a master of small events and micromanaging, as well as the bane of all machinery and computers. I also know a few things on reality warping skills, but that is it. Aside from the basic powers a creature such as I has, a person by the name of Anarchy for example, was able to cause mass hysteria by nudging the right creatures to the right situation and instill paranoia and emotional baggage as well, which would result in riots and, well, anarchy.

It is also in this file that I found out about the others.

Due to the Celestia-Eris pact, draconequui and creatures of chaos were to relinquish power due in part, because if we did not, the equilibrium of our world would go unbalanced, and it was due to this that we gave up our power. Then, I sat three chairs down from our queen and Discord sat next to me, on my left. The ones at that table were the most powerful of all of us. But sadly, when the ponies gained control and Equestria became organized, this weakened Eris to the point of illness, to which she died. This caused Discord (her favorite of us) to go mad, which Celestia and Luna stopped, as everypony knows. This, in turn, caused draconequui to become villains and, through weakness and illness, we all died out, including Anarchy... My greatest friend...

But enough wallowing around in memories. I needed to find out who this Fractal guy was and also, importantly, a way to get home so I can kick that sorry flank of Discord's!

My mind soon became a bigger mess as file after file and movie reel after movie reel decorated my mind as I searched. I learned that I don't have omnipresent powers, so no deus ex machina here. But I did find an interesting tidbit, something tantalizing, and something that could help figure out where Fractal was. In the deepest corner of my mind sat a locked chest literally bursting with files. As I pulled one out of the crack of the lid, it had a picture of Spaz and a brown pony who had to be Fractal. I looked at the chest again and then noticed that the brass lock on it had a name, something that caused my head to itch.

“Fractal memories”