• Published 2nd Sep 2013
  • 784 Views, 5 Comments

The Scarecrow Walks at Midnight - Xx-Sniper_Masters-xX



Applejack has noticed that apple trees are mysteriously being cut down. So one night she decides to see who is cutting them down. What she sees is something that she can't explain.

  • ...
3
 5
 784

The Final Hour

I woke up to see Big Mac. I knew it was my turn to stand guard at the door. Big Mac yawned and said good night and quickly fell asleep.With Big Mac asleep and Applebloom safe I knew that nothing could go wrong. I listened outside for the rustling straws but heard nothing. I was tempted to open the door but I saw things like this in movies where everything is quiet outside the door then the main character opens the door only to have the monster to be waiting at the door.

"I hope these things don't know how to climb." I looked around for a few seconds more before falling asleep again. I woke up later in front of a dark house that was in shambles.

"Hello?" I had a strange feeling that I somehow knew the place.

It was that time when a pony came outside the house in a robe. It was difficult to determine whether it was male or female. The pony then put down the hood that had masked the face. The pony was a female but she remained anonymous. The pony started to chant a sentence over and over saying it louder each time. Then she stopped. The ground shook and a whole entire group of scarecrows came out of some nearby woods. The scarecrows had a veil of purple mist around them. Next thing I knew the pony pointed at me and shouted a command.in a shrill voice.

"Bring her to me!" The scarecrows slowly moved towards me.

I was outnumbered so I decided to run instead of fighting. But I was already closed inside a circle of scarecrows that slowly started to get smaller. I knew there was no escape so I let them take me to her.

"What are you going to do to me, huh?" The pony stared into my eyes and only said Applebloom. I was then shaken by Big Mac.

"APPLEJACK, APPLEBLOOM HAS GONE MISSING!" Big Mac yelled. I got up immediately and looked at Applebloom's bed. She was gone and there were no signs of straws near the bed.

"This is real bad!" I remembered my dream. The pony, the possessed scarecrows, The house! The house was an abandoned house that no one went to. It was somewhere near the woods.

"Mac, I think I know what to do."


"I find it strange that there were no scarecrows around the house." Big Mac quickly spun around to check the surroundings. Nothing.

"Here we are." From what I had saw from my dream the anonymous pony should come out of the house in a few minutes.

I didn't want to get caught so I went around back. There was a door there that was left open. I went inside the house and looked for some book that might possibly have a spell to break the curse. I went upstairs to a room that looked strange. The place looked like where you would have rituals take place and have portals open to let spirits come into the real world. I heard footsteps so I hurried to find the book. I realized that Big Mac wasn't nearby. I heard him later yelling outside. Scarecrows held him down and the footsteps were getting louder. I panicked and ran to find the book and was successful after looking under a desk. I flipped to the page with a picture of a possessed pony. I looked at the words at the bottom. They looked like an ancient type of writing. I heard the door slam into the wall. Behind the door was the pony.

"PUT THAT DOWN!!!" The pony yelled. I quickly read the words 3 times. Nothing happened. Then I heard moaning from outside.

"What in the?" I looked out the window and stared to see that the scarecrows were dropping like flies.

I was expecting to see nothing happen after that but then I saw a spirit of a pony rise from one of the scarecrows. The pony looked as if it was in peace. Quickly many others rose from the other scarecrows. One of the spirits moved towards the window.

"Thank you. You've freed us from the curse." The spirit quickly disappeared in thin air. So did the other ponies. I smiled to myself and quickly turned to the pony. She has nothing to protect her.

"No! How dare you free them?! Now I must capture more spirits to be my slaves!" The pony raised her face and moving at extreme speed she stole the book away from me and ran outside.

"Shoot!" I ran outside to see Big Mac. He was dizzy and confused but otherwise okay.

"Wha? What happened?" Big Mac looked around him and then locked his eyes onto the pony.

"Big Mac! Hurry!!! We need to catch that pony! She's going to imprison more ponies!" Big Mac quickly snapped back into reality and began running after the pony.

The pony looked back at us. She glared at us and said some quick words. The nearby apple trees came alive and moved towards us. One of the trees swiped at us. We dodged the attack and kept running. We looked back and saw the trees turned back to normal. The pony suddenly screamed in a high voice and said one word. The pony then disappeared.

"Where did she go?" I looked around in confusion. Big Mac, with a defeated look, fell to the ground.

"Well there goes our chance of finding Applebloom..."


"I'm a horrible brother... I let Applebloom get taken while I wasn't watching." Big Mac walked slowly to the window.

"..." I walked over to Big Mac. He was looking over the fields of apple trees.

"Don't worry. We'll find Applebloom one day." I patted Big Mac lightly on the back. He sighed.

"Eeyup."

Author's Note:

Now you know you can't trust me to complete stuff on time.

Comments ( 1 )

Might sound dumb, I know how the goosebumps work, but so the story's complete?

Login or register to comment