• Published 2nd Sep 2013
  • 782 Views, 5 Comments

The Scarecrow Walks at Midnight - Xx-Sniper_Masters-xX



Applejack has noticed that apple trees are mysteriously being cut down. So one night she decides to see who is cutting them down. What she sees is something that she can't explain.

  • ...
3
 5
 782

They're Inside

It was the next morning. I looked outside to see Big Mac placing the scarecrows back in their rightful place. It was a relief that nothing had happened to any of us during the night before. Maybe we can forget about this whole entire thing of finding the ignorant pony doing this. I kept looking out the window until Applebloom came in with breakfast.

"Applejack! I made you breakfast see?" Applebloom then gave her biggest smiles at me.

"I see that you did! Thank you Applebloom I will certainly enjoy the breakfast you made me!" I then gave Applebloom a smile to tell her that she did a wonderful job. Applebloom cheered and skipped happily out of the room.

I turned around to keep looking out the window and check up on Big Mac but he wasn't outside anymore. Then I heard the door shut from downstairs.

"Applebloom is Applejack in her room?" Big Mac asked Applebloom

"Yes." Applebloom replied cheerfully. I then heard Big Mac coming up the stairs. I rushed over to my bed and put the tray on my lap and began to eat the food Applebloom gave me. I then heard the door open.

"Hey sis. I need to talk to you about something." Big Mac then walk right next to the bed.

"Sure anything." I then put the breakfast aside and showed Mac that he had my full attention.

"I want to talk to you about last night." Big Mac then sat down next to me.

"What about last night?" I was pretty confused since nothing really happened except Applebloom and those scarecrows.

"Well... It's about the trees..." Big Mac had a nervous face and was darting his eyes to the left a lot.

"Go on..." I started to feel a sense of disappointment at that point.

"I'm the one cutting down the trees..." I watched as Big Mac turned his head away from me.

"Huh. So it was YOU who was cutting the trees down?!" I then felt myself fill up with anger.

"I'm sorry..." Big Mac put his head down and just stared at the floor. Then I just lost it.

"Sorry? SORRY? How can you be sorry if you cut down the trees when you KNOW harvesting season is coming up?!" I then got up from bed and went right up to his face.

"I know... It was -" But I interrupted Mac before he could finish.

"Ah ha ha! No you don't! You think you can cut down trees without anyone noticing?! I bet that those scarecrows were all your doing too!" I then pushed Mac to the ground and went over to the window.

"The scarecrows ain't got nothing to do with me!" Big Mac then came right up to me and tried to explain everything to me but I didn't want to hear none of it. So I sent him out of the room.

"I'm telling you right now. Just to warn you. Those scarecrows are alive and can come in the house if they want." But I ignored Big Mac and shut the door on him. The rest of that day I stayed inside. The only time I went outside the room was to go to the bathroom or to eat. No one talked to each other during the whole entire time.

(Midnight)

"I can't believe this. Harvesting season is just a week away. With this many trees we have left I don't think I'll be able to have enough cider for everyone. Or anyone in this case..." I sighed I went over to the window to check everything around the farm. I stared at the scarecrows and just watched them. For some reason they actually did look alive. Then I saw one of the heads turn to me.

"Whoa!" I ducked down under the window and hid so the scarecrow wouldn't see me. I then got up and peeked out of the window. I saw as groups of scarecrows came towards the house. Soon after I heard the door open and the rustling of straws. I then rushed over to Applebloom's room and locked the room.

"Is something wrong Applejack?" Applebloom was still sleepy and looked around the room. Then she quieted down so we could hear everything outside the door. You could hear the rustling of the straws on the floor.

"Applejack? What's that?" Applebloom whispered.

"Be very quiet." I whispered back to Applebloom. Then we both got up and got away from the door.


SCRAAAAAAAAAATCH

You could hear the scratching behind the door and you could see that the door was about to open.

"Applejack I'm scared." Applebloom then went right up to me and I held her tight.

"Everything will be okay... Just ignore all the noises and you will be okay. You're safe with me." I then waited for the door to open right up but instead all the noises had stopped. It was strange to have sounds outside to just randomly stop but I didn't even bother to check. I stayed with Applebloom so I could protect her and make sure she wouldn't be snatched under my nose. So I slept in the room with Applebloom and waited for the next day to come. Knowing the scarecrows would keep coming.

Author's Note:

Don't ever go to sleep.