• Published 22nd Aug 2013
  • 7,663 Views, 71 Comments

Ponyville Confidential: Extended Apologies - BlueEyedPegasus



The entire apology letter scene expanded for detail.

  • ...
7
 71
 7,663

Big Macintosh

Applejack led her little sister and the other two fillies over to the orchards in Sweet Apple Acres, where Big Macintosh was standing there waiting with the warmest, most forgiving smile he could ever master.

"Big Mac," said Applejack, "I believe our little sister and her friends would like to say something to you."

Apple Bloom was the first to speak. "Big Mac, we just wanna say we're all really, really sorry for what we did and we hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive us."

"I forgive you three," Big Mac replied in a warm, friendly voice, completely unlike his sharp tongue-lashing which had scared his littlest sister and her friends away. He then bent down and wrapped the fillies up in warm, comforting bear hug which earned a tear from each of the fillies' eyes.

After Big Mac finished hugging our little friends, Applejack walked up to them. "And I'm sorry for bein' a total hypocrite on the whole gossip thing. I guess I shoulda known better than to laugh at stories about other ponies before readin' one about me."

"That's alright, Applejack," said Apple Bloom. "We forgive ya."

"Thanks, li'l sis, and on behalf of Big Macintosh and myself, we're both very sorry for harshly shunning y'all the way we did. It looks like we really shoulda taken a tip from Rarity on confronting you about the whole gossip thing like she did with Sweetie Belle. Anyhoof, we're both mighty sorry for being terrible big siblings."

"We forgive ya both for that as well."

"Thanks. I know this ain't the first time I was a terrible big sister. Remember our first ordeal with Zecora?"

Apple Bloom nodded. "Yep."

"Well," said Applejack with a chuckle, "looks like I'm learnin' all over again!"

This earned a chuckle from Apple Bloom as well. Applejack, Big Macintosh, and the CMC all shared a big group hug. Today was a happy day, because not only had the Cutie Mark Crusaders learned a strong lesson about respecting other ponies' privacy, but their friends and relatives had all learned a thing about hypocrisy which had never been fully addressed before. They all knew that from that day forth, nopony would ever let hurtful gossip come between them ever, ever again. They all loved each other and they were always gonna show it with each passing day. Of course, there was still the matter of what Diamond Tiara would have to say to them...

THE END

8/21/13

Author's Note:

FINALLY! The last chapter! I've been meaning to get to this one as well, because I've really wanted to show Big Macintosh forgiving the CMC as well, and just as I had promised, I did have Applejack apologize for her hypocrisy.

Also, I apologize if this story isn't perfect, being that it is the first one I've ever written for this website, but I hope y'all like it anyhow.

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic (C) Hasbro and Lauren Faust

Comments ( 50 )

Great story! :scootangel: This exactly what I felt this episode needed (though this one fic won't stop Ponyville Confidential being my least favourite episode :ajbemused:). Great work, anyway. Keep it up.:pinkiehappy:

3087653 Me too though I love "Ponyville Confidential". :pinkiehappy:

3228145 That's a very good question.

I'm speechless.

Again, I'm speechless.

nice Fic it would have been better if CMCs told them that Diamond tiara blackmailed them into doing it in the first place oh Well.

Humph. This story wouldn't have changed anything. Black Kyurem still despised the episode.

3310597 "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a d***." -Rhett Butler, Gone With The Wind

No offense, of course.

3310790 But of course. None taken. :twilightsmile:

3311064 Thank you.

By the way, have you checked out my edited version of "The Mysterious Mare Do Well"?:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11kmii_the-mysterious-mare-do-well-experimental-edit_shortfilms

3310597 what did want to have Diamond tiara to be Punished ?

3311799 Black Kyurem wants that little rich bitch thrown in the gutter! :flutterrage:

3311466 It seems to be the original episode. What's different?

3312073 well there's nothing we can do about it unless we beg the author for a epilogue that has Diamond tiara getting her comeuppance. Which would have made the Episode Less painful .

3312095 Here are my edits:

-removed the ENTIRE scene at Sugarcube Corner with Rainbow Dash's friends bragging about their contributions to Mare-Do-Well; due to the hypocrisy on their part while trying to get their point across to Rainbow Dash, even if their actions may still be considered questionable, this was my number one reason to make this edit
-removed Granny Smith whacking Rainbow Dash with her purse to tone down the mean-spiritedness of the situation
-muted the "Lame" line after Rainbow Dash mows the lawn for the same reason mentioned above

3312111 Curse you, staff... :trixieshiftleft:

3312650 Sorry, it's my choice and my choice alone.

3313633 Have you watched it yet?

3313778 Uh, not yet. Isn't it just the same episode with the removed stuff you mentioned?

anyways this okay to read there are not many fics that explores ponyville confidential issues. I still wish there was a Fic witch Diamond tiara was exposed as the mastermind of Gabby gums that ink squirt she got wasn't punishment enough .

It was not the CMC I was mad at, I was mad at those hypocrites that bashed them, yelled at them, ignored them, or told them to go away.

I know gossip is wrong, but that is no excuse for them to treat them like that, I was reading another fic where they committed suicide because of those bullies.

3551537 Yeah, that was kinda the point of this fanfiction, to get the CMC's peers to realize how harsh they were in shunning them. Plus, at least Rarity had the decency to straight out confront her little sister rather than shunning her, even if it was before the CMC were shunned by the town. Great strength of character on Rarity's part, in my opinion.

3551537 really show mw the link please.

3573164 go to Google and type in "Gabby Gums: Suicidal Fillies fanfic"

3574012 thanks for the tip it was quick but sad read.

Great job, though I think spike needs to apologise to the CMC for yelling bitterly at them as well as forgiving them, And it would be heartwarming if Big Mac proves to the CMC that he really is sorry with applejack for shouting at them to go away rather than confronting them as much as rarity has done to sweetie belle and that he vows with applejack never to abandon either their little sister or her two friends ever again belle,:eeyup: in fact we need to persuade the hub network to make and apology video for the ponyville confidential by making the ponies apologise to the CMC.

The CMC should also prove that diamond tiara was blackmailing them all long so that all of ponyville including the CMC harshly shuns her even worse than how ponyville did so on the CMC and even longer than how long they did it to them,:eeyup: I also think that Granny Smith would so ground and scold Big Mac and AJ :ajsleepy: for abandoning their little sister and her friends:applecry: what if their parents really are dead and they have to care, love and look after each other.

You may agree completely about what I posted but that don't stop us from loving My little pony: Friendship is magic, right?:eeyup::heart:

You should make Spike, big mac:eeyup: and applejack:ajsleepy: ashamed of themselves for being to harsh on the CMC, but that don't stop us from love MLP: FIM right?

4377589 I'll get around to editing that part eventually.

4613110 getting demoted to the worst job at the foal free Press after getting dismissed by cheerliee is pretty much like going to jail

Imagine if the CMC did gossip on Princess Celestia, Luna, and Cadence in this episode. What would happen?

Comment posted by rainingpies deleted Aug 11th, 2014

Great job in the editing, can you make the entire town apologize to the CMC as well please?:heart:

Comment posted by The Fiery Joker deleted Aug 22nd, 2014

4858727 Thank you. I don't think I will at the moment.

4890482 ok then, when will you?

4760283 Another thing, what Rainbow Dash and the others did to them is also illegal, it's child abuse, so they'd be arrested as well.

Good writing. Kinda wish it would have gone more in depth as far as diving into thoughts and what -not, but it was still decent.

Hm...this was okay I think. It's not the worst portrayal of this kind of thing where everyone tries to get everyone to own up to their hypocrisy. The main problem with the morals in the Season 2 episodes was that the morals felt one-sided; one side was put more at fault than the other when in reality it would've made more sense if BOTH parties learned their lessons. For example, Fluttershy and Iron Will (even though Iron Will didn't really do anything wrong), and Rainbow Dash and "Mare-Do-Well"; both episodes would've been better if either the focus of the blame was changed to the proper one at fault, or if both parties learned something from the situation.

However, that's not to say that this story is perfect.

I understand that everyone was being a bunch of hypocrites in this episode, but it only seemed to work in the first chapter. I dunno why, but the moment the CMC started to point out the hypocrisy towards the rest of the cast they were apologizing for, their apologies started to feel less and less genuine, as if they were EXPECTING AN APOLOGY AFTER THEY RUINED REPUTATIONS. When you screw up like that, you are in NO position to look for apologies. Usually, when you screw up this badly and try to point out that you're not the only one to blame since they were being bloody hypocrites, the receiving party would get pissed off and probably get even angrier with you whether you were right or wrong. If anything, this should be something the other characters find out on their own WITHOUT the help of the CMC.

Then there's the fact that you blamed EVERYONE for their hypocrisy: I can see why you'd think RD's actions were harsh (which they were; but really I can only blame her and Spike from the main cast, and literally blame everypony else in town for how they treated three little kids), and so were Twilight's, but...honestly, I don't think everyone was in the fault for hypocrisy or for being too harsh. I think AJ and Big Mac had every right to react the way they did with Applebloom, and heck they were probably being the nicest to them aside from Rarity. Twilight's forcefield was harsh, but I understand why she did it; not to mention that she was the only one who didn't like the columns, so I dunno if I missed something or what but that doesn't make her a hypocrite. Pinkie and Fluttershy didn't even DO anything remotely bad to the CMC. But I can throw all of this out the window if it wasn't for Rarity.

I'm about to explain WHY Rarity WASN'T at fault here, and was possibly the only one who did nothing wrong to the CMC: Sure, she ENJOYED the columns up until they were pointed to her, but I think you need to put into perspective that Rarity tried to reason with the crusaders (particularly Sweetie Belle) that what they were doing was wrong WITHOUT TRYING TO HURT THEM. She wasn't shown shunning them, hurting them, or kicking them out of places, she was genuinely concerned, asking them to ask themselves if they really wanted a gossip-centered special talent. I get everyone else to some degree, but not only did Rarity proactively try to help the CMC, but she didn't do a thing to harm them for making a mockery of her reputation, which may I remind you she takes EXTREME PRIDE for. Let me repeat: she calmly and maturely tried to reason with the CMC, who ruined her reputation in her HOMETOWN mind you, and reputation is something she prides for at least from the previous seasons.

But all in all, I think the episode did a good job showing the dangers of gossip; it should NOT be taken lightly, and I think the actions taken were perfect...except for Rainbow Dash's method. That kinda makes me think of the violent people who beat up kids for gossiping about them, and for RD to do that to Scoots is...a little much. Again, the problem lies in it that the episode felt one-sided in the moral, and I think that's the fault of how much time they had to work on it.

Overall, this story was nice, but it felt a little rushed and I didn't believe the CMC's apology after they started to point out the faults of those who harmed them. ESPECIALLY since they deserved to be punished for what they did.

-GTU

7312778 I'm sorry if it was rushed, but I appreciate your feelings. Even to this day, I still find it hard to watch the scene where the CMC are shunned. I know they were at fault, but the way everypony else turns their backs on them just comes across as unbearable for me.

7318614

I agree; the shunning of the CMC always rubbed me the wrong way. In fact, back then I sort of had a complaint about that, ESPECIALLY with Rainbow Dash and Twilight's reactions, and Spike...if I were Twilight, I would've smacked that dragon's little butt for snubbing the CMC the way he did. Sure, they DESERVED it, but dang...Spike really needs to learn to put himself in other ponies'...uh...horseshoes. The way I see it though was that the writers INTENDED for it to be cringe worthy. The episode was a cautionary tale about gossip and is basically meant to emphasize its effects on the community. If you gossip, chances are people aren't going to trust you, and they may even ignore you completely, some even going as far as to bring harm to you because it "serves them right".

Like I said, though, many morals I see in the show are double edged swords; it didn't exactly help that the Mane Six were indulging themselves in the gossip, and then once they were involved with the gossip itself, started viewing it as a bad thing. Heck, the only one who had ANY right to be a jerk was Twilight; she already KNEW it was wrong, and didn't like the gossip, so she even though her actions were harsh I think her actions were the most justifiable aside from Rarity's. Actually, I think maybe she should've been the one who confronted the CMC about it, and would later scold her friends for being hypocrites because, as I've said, she's the only one who has a right to be that way considering that she already knows the moral. So, I do accept that they were shunned, but I don't accept that it seemed one-sided. It didn't feel like anyone else but Rarity learned their lesson. But of course they have a limited time.

7323194 But just as the CMC demonstrated here, as long as you realize your mistake and apologize for it and ask for forgiveness, there's a good sporting chance their trust in you will rekindle and amends will be made. With that said, of course, whenever I think of that shunning scene, I think of the Christian anti-child abuse song "Dear Mr. Jesus", which makes me think of little Judith Barsi, a precious child actress whose life was cut tragically short in the summer of 1988:

And besides, if anything at all, I'd say it was Spike who told the other ponies Gabby Gums' identities and not Rarity, considering how they didn't even try to hide their identities when they were interviewing Spike for a story. Plus, if you wanna see how I can make the ending more touching, check this out:

Made it myself. ;)

In other news, considering how undoubtedly nightmarish Big Mac's rant to the CMC was, I am considering writing out a short story in which Apple Bloom and Big Mac properly reconcile after the harshness of his rant somehow caused her to have nightmare.

My big question is what if it had gotten worse, what if the CMC got so angry at the entire town for their harsh behavior on them that they soon switched from Gossip to profane insults

Examples

GABBY GUMS: RAINBOW TRASH FUCKS HERSELF!
GABBY GUMS: APPLESLUT AND BIG CRAPINTOSH!
GABBY GUMS: FLUTTERBITCH!
GABBY GUMS: TWILIGHT THE BASTARD AND SPIKE THE FIRE BREATHING ASSHOLE!
GABBY GUMS: PONYVILLE - A TOWN FULL OF FUCKING CUNTS LIKE MAYOR DICK!

8036453
They'd most likely just be adding fuel to the fire at that point, and further ostracize themselves from the town.
However, it would be an interesting read.

8018850
Rarity only cared about how hurtful gossip was when they wrote about her, she didn't care beforehand and even (if memory serves me right) called it harmless. My guess is, if Gabby Gums didn't write that article about her, she still would've supported them. There's also the possibility that she was the one who exposed the CMC as Gabby Gums.

Login or register to comment