• Published 22nd Aug 2013
  • 7,662 Views, 71 Comments

Ponyville Confidential: Extended Apologies - BlueEyedPegasus



The entire apology letter scene expanded for detail.

  • ...
7
 71
 7,662

Twilight Sparkle & Spike

The trio of fillies had soon made their way over to the Golden Oak Library, where the forcefield that Twilight Sparkle had put up still surrounded the entire place like a life-size snow globe. Our little friends knew that they couldn't get in as long as that overreactive bubble shut them out, so they did the only thing they could do: tap away at its unfriendly surface. This went on until a distrustful-looking Spike poked his head out the front door. The CMC knew he'd still be feeling that way when he saw them again, so with eager smiles, they held up another copy of the letter for him to feast his eyes on. Seeing the fine bold print on the front page, Spike's bitter demeanor instantly changed to that of happiness, an inviting smile forming on his cute reptilian face. Twilight poked her head out the door as well and seeing the sincerity of the words printed on the paper, she walked outside towards our little filly friends and dropped the forcefield. As soon as the forcefield was gone, Twilight looked at the fillies and smiled as sweetly as her mentor Princess Celestia.

"Does this mean you forgive us?" Apple Bloom asked hopefully.

"I do," said Twilight, wrapping the trio up in a motherly sort of hug.

"But Twilight," said Sweetie Belle, "don't you think putting up that forcefield was kinda harsh?"

"What do you mean?" asked Twilight.

"Well, we know you had every right as everypony else to be upset with us," said Scootaloo, "but putting up that forcefield just to shut us out was just too much."

"Yeah," agreed Apple Bloom, "you should have at least considered giving us a chance to explain ourselves before you thought of putting it up just to keep us away."

Twilight looked down in guilt. "Gosh," she said. "I never really thought about that. I'm sorry."

"It's alright," said Scootaloo. "We forgive you. On the other hoof, though, I gotta admit that it is kinda awesome to know that you've managed to conjure up a forcefield that big."

"Yeah," put in Apple Bloom, "no evil pony's gonna mess with you and your forcefields the next time around!"

"Gee, thanks," said Twilight, blushing a bit. She reached down and sweetly hugged the fillies once more.

"Is it alright if we come inside the library?" asked Sweetie Belle.

"Sure," said Twilight.

So the CMC followed Twilight into the library where Spike stood with his back turned and his head hanging. The four ponies looked worried, especially Twilight since Spike was her number one assistant.

"What's the matter, Spike?" asked Twilight.

Spike turned to face the ponies, tears leaking out of his eyes.

"Oh, nothing," he sniffled, "I just... I couldn't help but overhear you guys talking about the forcefield, and I... well..." He looked the three fillies square in the eye. "I just feel so bad for yelling at you three the way I did!"

"Aw, it's alright, Spike," said Apple Bloom, "We forgive ya."

The fillies held out their arms and Spike dried his eyes and smiled, ran over to our filly friends, and gave them a big hug, which they returned to him. It was a sign that Spike and the CMC would still be on good terms forever.

"And I forgive you guys," the young dragon said.

"Thanks," replied Scootaloo.

After they finished hugging, the CMC turned to Twilight once more.

"I don't suppose you're sorry for bein' a hypocrite, too?" inquired Apple Bloom.

"Since everypony else who laughed at our stories got real upset at the stories written about them," added Sweetie Belle.

Twilight scratched the back of her head. "Well, actually, I was against the whole thing from the start. I never really showed any interest in what you three were writing."

"Oh," said Apple Bloom. "I guess that makes sense."

"But we've already talked to Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy about it," said Scootaloo, "and they realized how hypocritical they were being; and if we're not being too much trouble, do you think you could help us a bit, Twilight?"

"Well," said Twilight with a smile, "since you three have managed to learn your lesson, I'd be happy to help. I'll go talk to Pinkie Pie, Applejack, and Rarity about it, and you can take it up with them later. How does that sound?"

"That sounds great!" exclaimed Scootaloo.

"We can't thank you enough, Twilight!" cried Apple Bloom as she and the other two fillies hugged Twilight.

"Aw, don't mention it!" said Twilight, hugging them back. Spike joined Twilight in hugging the sweet little fillies. They all knew that their friendship would last forever.

Author's Note:

I've been waiting to get to this chapter, mainly because I've wanted to have Twilight and Spike be real sweethearts to the CMC due to them overreacting with the forcefield. Ain't it sweet? (sheds tear)

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic (C) Hasbro and Lauren Faust