• Published 1st Mar 2012
  • 2,288 Views, 19 Comments

The Element of Magic - Cloud Shimmers

  • ...
8
 19
 2,288

Welcome home

Twilight and her friends walked off the train, they were all exhausted after their day of fun. Trixie stood behind Twilight, a sad face upon her. When Twilight turned around she was concerned.

"What's wrong Trixie?" Twilight asked sincerely.
"I caused so much trouble," Trixie said quietly, "I don't think anyone will forgive me."

Twilight wrapped her foreleg around Trixie, "Prove to them what you've shown me, show them you've changed and they'll accept you!"

Trixie felt Twilight's heartbeat along with something else, confidence; She stood up straight and entered the town with Twilight.

Twilight saw something in Trixie's eyes, it was something that she couldn't quite make out but seeing it made her feel both happy and a little nervous. When other ponies started to look in their direction Trixie spoke.

"I'm sorry." She said in a polite way. All the other ponies smiled and nodded their heads, some of them even walked over and talked to Trixie.

Twilight was joined by Rainbow Dash, "I still don't trust her Twi."
"Don't be silly," Twilight turned, "Look how friendly she's being, and to be honest your not too modest yourself."

"Well that's only because I try so hard to impress others." She said and flew off in a huff.
'Maybe Trixie wanted to impress somepony too.' Twilight thought.

When Trixie and Twilight arrived at the library Trixie was impressed.
"A tree shaped library," Trixie smiled, "Like something out of an old ponytale."

Twilight laughed, "I suppose, are you hungry?" Twilight asked.
"Very," Trixie said simply admiring Twilight as she walked off, she then proceeded to follow, "Can I do anything to help?"

"Actually," Twilight said as she grabbed some plates with her magic, "If you could find Spike and Owluicious it would be a great help."

Trixie nodded and began her task, she ended up finding them in Twilight's room, "Uh, dinner soon." She said shyly.

"Trixie?" Spike said in shock, "W-what are you doing here?"
"I've apologized," Trixie explained. "Twilight and I are friends now.

"Who?" the owl said.
"I'm Trixie." She introduced herself.

"Who?" Owluicious said again."
"Trixie," Spike pointed at Trixie.

"Who?" The Owl said one last time.
"THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE!" She shouted, "O-oh my, did Tr- I say that out loud?"

"Yes you did," Spike said, "And it shut Owluicious up!"
"I'm sorry," Trixie moped.

"No, that's a good thing." Spike assured her, "He annoys me all day."
"But still, I'm sorry. It happens from time to time, old Trixie breaks out." She explained.

"Well, your okay by me." Spike said.
When the three returned to the kitchen Twilight had just taken a large pot off of the stove.

"I made soup!" Twilight said excitedly as she sat down next to Trixie.
"Y-you cooked?" Spike asked nervously.

"Yes I did!" Twilight said a little annoyed, "I can cook just fine Spike."
"It tastes fine to me," Trixie said enjoying it.

"Thank you Trixie." Twilight stuck her tongue out at the baby dragon.

The guest bed was positioned on the other side of Twilight's room, at this Trixie pouted a bit but once she found out how comfy the bed was she was fine.

Twilight yawned, "Goodnight Trixie."
"Goodnight Twilight." Trixie smiled warmly.

Twilight noticed that look in Trixie's eyes again, it was similar to the spark she felt when her and her friend's defeated Nightmare Moon.

"Trixie are you happy?" She asked.
"Of course I am, what an odd question." Trixie noted.

"Its just, I see this look in your eyes, but its only there half the time." Twilight confessed.
"And you spend a lot of time looking at me?" Trixie asked in a seductive way that Twilight didn't pick up on.

"Well yeah," Twilight said, "I just can't over how much you've changed."
Trixie pouted when Twilight didn't get her attempt to advance her relationship, "Goodnight Twilight."

Twilight's dreams were almost entirely about Trixie, and they made her sad. She dreamed of Trixie walking to Canterlot in the rain. Then she saw Trixie on the street with a cardboard sign reading 'outta friends, outta luck.' Then she saw all of the times Trixie had been gloating, it appeared that she was showing off for the whole town, but was she? Twilight remembered how Trixie was incredibly immodest when she was around Twilight. Why was that, why would Trixie try so hard just for Twilight? No one had ever tried for her before, why would Trixie be any different?

Trixie's dreams were filled with Twilight, how Twilight had been so brave against the ursa minor. And how mean Trixie was in an attempt to impress Twilight. Trixie also saw her childhood, her poor family, her cruddy house, being alone at kindergarten because she didn't want anypony to see her without a lunch. She wished she had been nicer to everypony at school. Everypony hated her, even her first crush. When she preferred colt's she had a crush on a not-so-popular colt at school, her crush even wrote her a letter saying that he thought Trixie was pretty. When Trixie went up to him the next day, she was shut down and laughed at. This is what caused her to be a show off, her heart being broken at such a young age. She had been afraid to trust anypony for so long that she forgot how kind others could be; it took Twilight stopping the ursa minor to show her that.

When they awoke that morning, both of them had something important on their minds. Trixie was willing to tell Twilight how she felt, and Twilight wanted to know why Trixie was being so nice after all this time. Spike had made pancakes and was waiting for a 'thank you' but the room was left in awkward silence.

They both started speaking at the same time, Spike's 'private conversation' senses were tingling so he left.

"Y-you start," Trixie said, feeling nervous and exited at the same time.
"Why are you so nice to me?" Twilight asked.

Trixie wasn't expecting that, "W-what do you mean?"
"You got me free tickets, complimented on my cooking, and are being so friendly after last time, whats up?" Twilight said with an observational face.

"I- I just wanted to make things right," Trixie lied, "I just wanted some friends." Would the lies stop soon?
"Oh, I didn't realize," Twilight began, "Well I'm glad you did, your too talented to be mean."

Trixie blushed, "T-thanks."
They finished their meal in silence, Trixie thought she was an idiot for lying to Twilight. 'I need to tell her eventually.'

Comments ( 7 )

Please please please write more!!!This story is amazing so far!
:heart: i wish you could just finish this right now!!!!
:rainbowkiss:ill be waiting for it

359671 C'mon, still waiting for wat will happen! (wrings hands excitedly :yay:)

359705 What will Happen? Oh you mean how *Spoiler* the *Spoiler* while *Spoiler*.:trollestia:

359755 urgh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u tease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twilightangry2::twilightangry2::twilightangry2::pinkiecrazy:

Login or register to comment