• Published 13th Feb 2012
  • 619 Views, 0 Comments

The walking nightmare - Samthelegoman



In less than four months, a virus has nearly wiped out the population.

  • ...
 0
 619

Infection

The start of the Great Equestrian Zombie War, started with a disappearance. Fluttershy, element of kindness, and local animal lover, went missing. Unseen for days, nopony bothered to file a missing ponies report. Until curiosity unmasked the truth. Pinkie Pie was curious on Fluttershy's absence, went to check on her friend. She was the only pony worried about her at the time. Rainbow Dash was busy fulfilling her desires in her self-center hierarchy of needs. Twilight and Rarity were in Canterlot over the weekend, for a well deserved, "mare's weekend out". Applejack had no interest in Pinkie's curiosity. So Pinkie went herself to Fluttershy's house.

Everything was normal on the trip to her house, it was a sunny, crisp, spring day. The birds chirped, announcing the end to the dreadfully cold and long winter. The flowers were in bloom, and the sound of the local wildlife showed it was just another day. But it started to get quieter and quieter towards the Pegasus's house in the meadow. Then, it was totally quiet at her house, as if, all the noise in the world, stopped.Just the sound of the wind blowing the trees. The smell had switched from the smell of spring and the forest, to the smell of death and decay. Something had died. As the pink earth pony forwarded to the house, an unimaginable site greeted her. A pile of carcasses lined the path. Dried blood had stained it brown and red. Pinkie nearly vomited at the site, and held her right hoof over her nose as the smell got stronger and stronger towards the house.

Pinkie approached the house, the door was opened, showing the interior, a mess of furniture, objects, and blood, was all over the place, more dead carcasses were there. "Fluttershy?" Pinkie cried out. "You okay? Or are you playing hide and seek?" Pinkie walked in, avoiding the mess of body parts covering the floor. She looked on the ground, and saw bloody hoof prints leading to the back door. Pinkie followed the prints to the back yard, now imprinted in the soft mud. Not a single noise was heard, even the bugs stopped crying out. It was eerily silent, walking in the forest, passing even more carcasses. Pinkie was a little more observant this time, and noticed, that in looked like it was bitten into. It was a rabbit, its intestines were strewn all over the ground as flies feasted on the poor rabbit's remains. Its face expression was that of fear, like it was attack by something it knew. Pinkie proceeded deeper and deeper into the forest, and heard something.

The sound was moaning. At first, Pinkie assumed, it was the wind. After all, it was a windy day. but the wind had died off a bit. She got closer to the sound of the noise, as it got louder and louder, Pinkie continued to proceed, and then it stopped, after she stepped on a twig, then it resumed. She looked down and saw feathers, Yellow feathers, stuck in the brush. Pinkie then came into a clearing in the forest, and saw who she was looking for, Fluttershy.

Fluttershy was hunched over something, moaning and stuffing things in her mouth. pinkie Took a closer look to see what she was hunched over, it was white, small, and furry. It was an animal, not just white, but red and pink, stained with blood. Pinkie looked back to Fluttershy, who was stained brown and red. Her wings were nearly gone, ripped off, no bleeding from the wounds. Her hooves were covered in cuts, with no bleeding either, no matter how deep looking. Her smell was terrible, she smelled like the carcasses the strewn the floor. pinkie reached her hoof out and touched Fluttershy, she felt sticky with blood and was stone cold. "Fluttershy, you okay?" Fluttershy stopped moaning, and lifted her head up, her mane was a mess and almost as red as the rest of her body. She looked at Pinkie, her face was covered in blood, and her right eye was hanging out by the optic cord. Body parts hung out of her mouth, as blood dripped down

Pinkie started to back up in fear, she looked down, and saw the carcass, it was Angel. His carcass was almost entirely consumed, as entrails hung out, spilling blood all over the ground. Fluttershy let out a loud moan and advanced towards Pinkie, who took off running in fear. Pinkie was expecting her to grab her quickly, but Fluttershy was stumbling slowing and tripping frequently. She tried to take off flying, but fell over, as she fell, her right wing, got caught in a tree branch, and ripped free from her body. She landed hard on the ground and continued towards Pinkie, not noticing her wing was gone. Pinkie circled around Fluttershy, stood on her two hooves, and picked a rock up. She hurled it at Fluttershy's skull, knocking her over, she walked over to Fluttershy, getting back on all four hooves. Fluttershy got back up and walked slowly towards Pinkie again. Pinkie grabbed the rock again and threw it again at her, falling over once again, this time, she walked up to her body and started to smash her skull in until it was caved in. Pinkie was covered in Fluttershy's blood, along with the rock. Fluttershy did not get back up or make a noise, however, a pony taking a stroll in the forest, noticed Pinkie smashing Fluttershy's head in with a rock and reported her to the police.

"You gotta believe me, Fluttershy tried to eat me! I saw her eating her pet, and she ate all those carcasses!" Pinkie plead at her trial days later. "No, thats not what you die Ms.Pie." The judge said. "You kidnapped her and then killed her!" Pinkie's last hope was the jury, who found her "not guilty". After DNA evidence proved them wrong. Pinkie though was threatened with jailing and fining for telling another pony about her encounter by the judge. "Either zip your lips or zip your life up in jail." He said to her.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment