• Published 13th Feb 2012
  • 619 Views, 0 Comments

The walking nightmare - Samthelegoman



In less than four months, a virus has nearly wiped out the population.

  • ...
 0
 619

Origins and explanation

Nopony knows the origins of the virus, just that it nearly wiped pony civilization out and plunged Equestria into an apocalypse. The government had none of the expertise to react properly to such a virus. It existed since the dawn of time. "The Walking Nightmare", for years, was just legend, intended to scare fillies and colts silly. It was believed to be extinct, if it was real. Sadly, it was, it had just fallen into obscurity, thanks to increased health concerns with today's citizens and the ignorance has plunged into the dark as a myth.

It starts with a bite, scratch, fluid contraction, blood transfusion, or organ donation. It starts with fever, vomiting, coma, then, death. but then, the part that is the unbelievable part, reanimation. The organs are useless organic sacks, just the brain remains active. This is the zombie pony. Hidden in secret for years on end. As zombies, pegasi still fly. Unicorn magic is disabled. Only one way to dispose, destroy the brain.

Now, I wanted this story to be connected to the traditional zombie story. Yes, guns are in the story, just for tradition and interest, plus, what other weapons can deliver a fatal blow to the brain? This story focuses merely on the survival of a small group. Made up by friends and family.

Sadly, a secret military operation has kept this story from widespread publication, and has been published in secret, without the consent of the new Equestrian Republic's knowledge. I could be killed for treason for this, but this needs to be known. The survivors were interviewed in a secret location, they fled the country after the military coup. They live in secret too, escaping the brutal nightmare that was just as bad as the undead ruling the world. An absolute military dictatorship ruling in a country shaken badly by the virus.