• Published 9th Feb 2012
  • 2,564 Views, 22 Comments

Flutterheart - Bluecatcinema



Fluttershy falls for a handsome pegasus, but starts to think she may have some competition for his attentions...

  • ...
6
 22
 2,564

Love That Lasts

After Forrest brought Fluttershy back to her cottage to "recuperate", Fluttershy decided to treat her new-found love with a song. She sang an ancient medly, well-known to ponies throughout Equestria, to the point where it was practically considered to be their national anthem, and which she often sang while cleaning, or harmonising with her bird friends, especially the hummingbird Hummingway.

Forrest listened to her song with awe and wonder, having never heard such beautiful sounds before.

"Wow." He whispered, as Fluttershy finished. "That was incredible. Figures you'd have a beautiful voice to match that beautiful face of yours."

"Oh, Forrest." Fluttershy blushed, joining her paramour on the couch. "You're so sweet."

"Not as sweet as you." Forrest replied, nuzzling his nose against hers.

Angel promptly gagged on his carrot. The pair had only been back for an hour, but their saccharine antics had already nauseated the less-cute-on-the-inside-then-the-out bunny beyond belief.

"This is wonderful." Smiled Fluttershy, kissing Forrest on the cheek. "You're wonderful."

"So are you." Forrest smiled back. "I always wondered what it would be like to have a marefriend, and now I know."

"You've never had a marefriend before?" Fluttershy asked increduously.

"Never." Admitted Forrest. "Growing up, I was always kinda shy. I never had the courage to ask another pony out on a date."

"Me too." Said Fluttershy. "I've never had a coltfriend... until today."

"That's why we're so good for each other." Smiled Forrest. "We've got so much in common."

Up until now, Fluttershy's mind had been swimming in happiness, but it suddenly registered something.

"Didn't you say you were only visiting Ponyville?" Inquired Fluttershy. "What happens when you have to go home?"

"Don't worry." Smiled Forrest. "Like I told you when we first met: I live right on the other side of the Everfree Forest. I could fly from there to here in... twenty minutes, tops!"

"And maybe I can come over to your little shack sometimes." Fluttershy said hopefully.

"You sure can." Agreed Forrest. "So you see, my leaving Ponyville isn't the end of the world. We can still see each other all the time."

"That's good." Fluttershy breathed a sigh of relief. "I was beginning to think that I was going to lose you, right after I just found you."

"Never gonna happen." Forrest whispered, kissing Fluttershy once more. "And even better, my cousins won't be needing me back until way later tonight, so I can stick around here for as long as I like... and as long as you'd like."

"Oh, goody..." Fluttershy giggled.

As the day wore on, the two enjoyed their company more and more. After sharing a romantic dinner, the two then went outside and looked up at the clear night skies together, taking in the awe-inspiring sight of the stars above Equestria. It was almost as if Princess Luna herself had arranged this perfect night, just for the two of them. It was with a heavy heart that Forrest finally decided it was time for him to head back to his cousins'. Sharing one last kiss, he flew home, leaving Fluttershy both happy and sad at the same time.

The next morning, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash came into Ponyville to see Forrest off, his visit to his cousins having come to an end.

"See ya 'round, flyboy." Said Rainbow, sharing a "high hoof" with him.

"Stay cool, Dash." Forrest smiled. "And good luck with the Wonderbolts."

"With skill like mine, who needs luck?" Boasted Rainbow.

Forrest and Fluttershy embraced each other.

"Come and visit soon." Fluttershy whispered.

"Oh, I will." Chuckled Forrest. "Wild dragons couldn't keep me away!"

The two shared one last kiss, before Forrest took off into the wild blue yonder. As she watched her love vanish into the horizon, Fluttershy shed a single tear.

"Missin' him already, huh?" Rainbow asked kindly. "Come on. Let's go get some some hay smoothies. My treat."

"Oh, that's not necessary." Protested Fluttershy. "I'll pay. It's the least I can do after the horrible way I treated you yesterday."

"Forget it." Shrugged Rainbow. "Let's just let bygones be bygones. I'll pay. I insist."

"No, I insist." Fluttershy retorted.

"No, I insist." Rainbow shot back.

The two continued their arguing all the way to the local café, where they eventually compromised by paying for each others' drinks. As they drank their beverages, Fluttershy's thoughts once again drifted towards Forrest, and she starting gazing dreanily into space, sucking on her straw long after she had drained the cup.

"Thinking about 'him' again, are we?" Smirked Rainbow. "Girl, you've got it bad."

"And it feels so good." Smiled Fluttershy contentedly.

The End.

Comments ( 13 )
Comment posted by XxTestName69xX deleted Dec 7th, 2018

I liked this fic myself.

Hmm. I will say I enjoyed this story.
I do like how you try to keep the characters is 'character'. The kind nature of the story is nice too. I just like how gentle the characters act.
However, the only downside is that it's a little bit too childish. Then again, the premise of this franchise is for younger kids. So, nothing to be too harsh about.
The relationship triangle is okay. I do find it a bit awkward how Fluttershy acts over-the-top due to jealousy. Most of the dialogue between the characters is good. There are a few bits that seem a bit off to me. Mostly surrounding Forrest. Speaking of who, Forrest is a nice character. His interest with nature in addition to sports related activity makes him pretty interesting.
Overall, it's a decent story. Nothing great, but nothing really bad either. It's not the best story I've read, but like I said earlier, I'm still glad I read it.
Thumbs up.

202073 Really? How old is it? Because I've had mine on Fanfiction.net since last July.

Well, Bluecatcinema, I hate to break it to you, but I'll also give you credit.

My story, Flutterheart, is a bit more well known than yours by a little bit. Granted, I will acknowledge that your fic is older, as I've seen it on fanfiction.net. I did name this story without any sort of knowledge that your fic existed, but, seeing as you made it first, you have priority.

Seeing as your fic is older, I completely understand if you don't want to change the name. However, I have no interest in changing mine, seeing as it ties in with the story. I'll take a look at your story and let you know what I think.

Trey

After reading the story, I can honestly say that this was actually a fairly good story. Of course, I'll always carry a slight bias toward mine, considering it has the same name, but I will say that I do have respect for the romance in this story. You have a very good writing style as well.

Now...I read yours. If you wanted to return the favor by reading mine, I wouldn't be offended. :pinkiesmile:

Trey

really nice fan-fic!:fluttershbad:

ts;dr

Too short, didn't read. :trollestia:

I like a challenge, you know? Fallout Equestria? Now that's a story I could read through over and over again. Same with Two's company, and Allegrezza. I like reading longer fics, but I won't give you demerits for it. I actually liked this for what it was, but... Now, don't get mad at me for saying this, but Fluttershy, for only two reasons, really, I can only see as being straight with Trey, or in lesbians with Twilight. Trey because of the other Flutterheart, which really made me think, and actually feel emotion. This one didn't have the same 'oomph' to it. Try expanding a bit on characterization, get the characters to do more, whether together or apart, to show how their love has grown. Insta-love? I can get behind that. I've felt love like that for girls I've thought were cute before, but I always end up feeling like they're more like a sister than a girlfriend when it happens like that.

But, enough about me, more about this... It's a good fic, for all that's there, but it could be more.

So, please. If you can, I really suggest expanding it. It's a bit on the short side. :applejackconfused:

i really thought it was really good, just wish it was longer :yay::pinkiehappy:

*slow clapping*

Go another love story. I wonder how Fluttershy met Forest. I am happy about this story. Good luck with the next one.

This was a cute story. Kinda weird to see Fluttershy jealous. Love the name for the OC Forest. It's hard to pick one-word names for MLP characters. The only one that has really done well pony wise is the name Rarity in the show. I like how even though Fluttershy was a bit mean Rainbow Dash was able to see she was only acting that way because she liked Forest.
~LATEP

Login or register to comment