• Published 15th May 2016
  • 2,417 Views, 106 Comments

Bubblegum's Adventure - MLP Sparkle Star



Bubblegum was living an ordinary life until she found a cave (More like the cave found her) that teleported her to a magical land called Equestria, where she is apparently an alicorn princess. What will come of her in this new land? Friend or foe?...

  • ...
23
 106
 2,417

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Fifty-three, Anthropology (A Lyra-based chapter)

(In advance to this chapter, I give credit to the people who made the song, Anthropology, by Timscreations. Here is the link to a video that has the lyrics on screen. If you cannot read them, here they are right down below.)

Human beings fascinate me, being just the way they are!
Tell me, little pony, can you push a cart or drive a car?
Lyre is my instrument, but humans strum their sweet guitar
It's a mystery, anthropology!

Fingers, toes and tiny noses, brownish hair and tannish skin
Would it be too much to ask to see the world they're living in?
Everybody tells me that it's old and fake mythology
It's a mystery, anthropology!

Aren't you bored of brushing your coat, styling your mane with your hooves?
I don't mean to butt in or gloat, but ancient history proves...

Humans don't have wings or magic. They don't need it; they don't care!
All they've got's imagination, new inventions everywhere!
Babies, children, teens and elders, all alike have clothes to wear
It's so real to me, anthropology!

Albert Einstein, Cleopatra, William Shakespeare, Elton John
Michael Phelps, Barack Obama... who's to say that they're all gone?
Maybe humans like us too and dress like us at Comic-Con?
It's so real to me, anthropology!

Yeah, they've had a couple of fights
Nobody's perfect you see
Still I say I'm born with the rights
To study whatever I please!


I don't need to horse around now, I can stand on two legs!
I would trade my magic powers for a pair of new legs!
Grab your camera, come on, zoom in!
'Cause your favorite mare's a human
ME!

That is who I'll be!
Anthropology! shh

(Link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SIOxGTEadsM)

Here is the chapter!


Bubblegum, Twilight, Starlight, and Sunburst all flew (some with their magic) back to Equestria, Bubblegum holding a letter from Yokamo saying:

Dear Luna,

I've missed you all these years. You aren't gonna believe what happened! First I got brought back to life then I became emporer for over 19 years ever since you left... I am still sorry about what happened and that she drove you out of the land because of your species. But, of course, I told her if you went, I went. She wasn't too happy about that... I will give you more information the next time you come. I'm so happy I got to see Bubblegum all grown up! She is turning into the perfect young mare. A princess to be exact! Anyways, I hope you have a fine rest-of-the-day.

Love,

Yokamo

She gripped onto it tightly, knowing how much it would mean to Luna and how devestated Luna would be if she dropped it.

That is, until Starlight was getting bored.

"Hey, Sunburst!" She whispered. "Think I should scare Bubblegum?"

He pushed his glasses up a bit. "I don't know... It doesn't seem like a bright idea."

"I know but it'll give us something to laugh about."

"Okay. Fine. Get her even more upset at you even with her being part were-wolf..." He murmered under his breath, watching her sneak up on her.

"BOO!" She yells at the top of her lungs, causing Bubblegum to freak out and drop the letter.

"No!"

She flies as quickly as she can to get it but it was too late, it had already fell in the water.

"No no no no no no!" She tries diving in the water to get it, going farther and farther down.

"Starlight!" Twilight exclaimed, flying over to her. "What the heck posessed you to want to do that?!"

"I got bored! I didn't know she was carrying a note!"

When they saw no sign of Bubblegum coming up out of the water they started to panic. That is, until she panicked and leaped out of the water.

"GAH!" She flew back up towards them, without the note.

"What's wrong?!" Twilight asked, helping her breathe and get the water out of her lungs.

"Fishes.... Ponies... Pearls.... HELP!" She gasped and gasped but all that was coming out was purety nonsense.

"Woah woah woah! Slow down! Now, what did you say?"

"Mermaids-.... Ponymaids? Merponies?...."

"Huh?"

"There are weird fish down there! I am afraid one of them will bite me!"

"WAIT!" Twilight butted in. "DID YOU JUST SAY MERPONIES?!"

"Yes!"

"THOSE CREATURES ARE VERY RARE! In fact, there is only one page about them in the history of pony kind!"

"Woah!"

Just then, one of them jumped out of the water like a dolphine and reached up to Bubblegum.

"Hey!...." She had to keep jumping up and down in order to tell her what she needed to. "Is.... This.... your.... paper?"

"Yes... I thought it was destroyed by water."

I know.... A trick that.... Will help it.... here you.... Go!" She throws the paper up to her as she catches it.

"Thanks?"

"You are.... Welcome! I have to.... Get back..... before my..... mother catches..... me!"

"Ok. Have a good one!"

"Alright!"

And, just like that, she landed back in the water. She had a pale yellow coat with blue hair and fins. Almost looked like fluttershy with a blue mane.

"Ok......" Twilight puts a mark on the map where they were at. "Now, I can come her when I want to know their culture!"

"Alrighty then.... We need to get back to Equestria to do the things we needed to do before we left."

"And what is that?" Starlight asked.

"Well, more like what I need to do; ask forgiveness."

"Who?" Starlight asked another question. "Have you hurt somepony or something?"

"No.... Well, sort of. But I am sure they already forgiven me, I want to make sure."
~~~~
Upon making it back to Equestria, the four of them went their seperate ways and departed for the night. Twilight going back to her cadtle, Starlight going back to her cave home with Pinkie's sister, Maud Pie, Sunburst heading back to the Crystal Empire, and Bubblegum heading back to her castle which is in a completely different area. So, you could imagine how far she had to either walk or fly. Though she also may have teleported, she still made it back to her home.

In the morning, however, it was different for Bubblegum. She was in such a rush, she skipped the main steps in how she woke up in the morning. Usually, she would get up, take a shower, brush her mane and teeth, put on perfume, eat breakfast, and, sometimes, get dressed. She didn't need to do the last one that much since ponies were usually naked. But, today, she got up, took a shower, brushed her mane and teeth, and got dressed in a white, long dress that seemed to glisten in the sunlight. She walked to Ponyville that day, feeling refreshed until she heard a growling sound. It sounded like it came from her but she dismissed it. By the time she got to Ponyville, she heard the growling sound once more, this time, giving her a stomach ache. She grabbed her stomach as it continued to hurt. She had realized by now that she had forgotten to eat breakfast. Will she still have time to visit them and ask their forgiveness on an empty stomach? She had no idea.

She had gotten to their door and attempted to knock though it hurt her to even lift her arm up though she managed to ring the doorbell. She answered and gasped at the sight of Bubblegum, happy to see her again.

"Hey!" She exclaimed. "It's B-Triple!"

"'B-Triple'?"

"Your code name. Like mine!"

She sighed with a smiled. "Nice to see you again, Dj-Pon3."

"Nice to see you too."

"I wanted to say 'sorry'-"

"For what?"

"For turning you into an alicorn that one time and messing uo your house."

"Dude, that was the greatest thing that ever happened in my life! You should be glad you came here from the human world!"

"HUMAN WORLD?!" Somebody said. It came from inside her house.

"Uh, who was that?..."

"Oh. When you left, I had been trying to find a new roommate. So..."

The pony came dashing out of the house and inspected Bubblegum with a huge smile on her face.

"You're from the human world?! What's it like? Do you walk on two legs or one? Do you have hands and feet or hooves? Can you use magic?"

She sighed. "Bubblegum meet Lyra Heartstrings, a fan of humans and, apparently, has studied them her whole life."

Lyra took a closer look at Bubblegum. "You're the new alicorn everyone is talking about?! I mean, I knew there was a new alicorn but I thought they were only talking about Flurry Heart. This is amazing!" She gasped. "How did you become an alicorn if you're from the human realm?!"

Bubblegum didn't feel like explaining her whole life story since you would have to hear it in order to even know where she's from and what is happening.

"Uh... Well, actually, I was born in Equestria though it's not really Equestria since it's out of the area and this evil emperess decided to take me from Luna and put me in the womb of a human."

She breathed in. "That's soooooo cool! Where did she get that kind of magic?!"

"I honestly don't know..."

It got to the point where Vinyl was starting to get irritated with Lyra's questions. "Okay how about you go inside and maybe Bubblegum will hangout with you tomorrow, k?"

She gasped. "REALLY?! WOULD YOU DO THAT?!"

"I guess." Bubblegum replied.

"Great!" Vinyl started. "Now you will want as much sleep as possible."

"But it's only 10:00 AM-"

"Which is why you'll want sleep." She said, struggling to put Lyra inside as she slammed the door behind her. "Dang-it! That is all she ever talks about is freaking humans!" She groaned. "It's so hard having a conversation with her when that's all she talks about!"

"I'm sorry, Dj... I wish I could help."

"The only reason I told her to go with you is that I am exhausted! Sorry about doing that without permission."

"It's okay. I just wanted to set things right with you because I have a pretty long list of ponies I need to ask their forgiveness."

"Ok. Well, wouldn't want to keep you from that. Have a nice day, B-Triple"

As Vinyl walks inside, Bubblegum begins to check her list, seeing that Physco was next. She opened a portal to his dimension and walks to his castle. She knocks on the demon shaped knocker as he comes to the door.

"Oh." He said, looking away. "It's you."

"Look, I'm sorry for killing you-"

He almost laughed. "I forgive you for that. I just don't like the fact you're dating my brother." He grabs onto her and pulls his hoof back, acting like he's gonna punch her. "If you even try to get 'chummy' with him, I swear-"

"Woah woah woah! Slow down! Geez!" She thought of something. "You know, you have a wife. Was Beastman supportive when you two were dating."

He stopped for a momment. "Uh... Yeah."

"Then how come you don't do the same?"

"Because he's my little brother!" He exclaimed, furious. "I need to look out for him!"

"Do you honestly think I wouldn't care for him, too?!" She broke, pushing him back. "Do you honestly think I wouldn't love him?! If you do, you're pathetic!"

She heard it herself as he started to laughing.

"Love him? You even said yourself that you don't know how to love! You didn't have anyone to love you so how do you know how to love?"

Bubblegum
Some say I have no direction
That I'm a lightspeed distraction
But that's a kneejerk reaction
Still this is the final frontier
Everything is so clear
To my destiny I steer
This life in Equestria is all I've ever known
Horns and wings and infinite ponies is my only home

But the moment I fly through air
Thousands of clouds are blowing through my hair
And I know in my heart
It's been worth it all of the while

And as my Beastie is right by my side
I know both of us have nothing to hide
This life I've chose isn't easy
It sure is one heck of a ride

At the moment I fly through the air
Thousands of clouds are blowing through my hair
And I know deep down in my heart
I have nothing to fear

And as the solar wind blows through my mane
Knowing I have so much more to say
A wandering spirit who's tearing it's way
Through the cold atmosphere

I fly like a pony
Soar like a pony
Crash like a pony
I'm just a pony.
~~~~

"Shut the **** up!" He yells. "This is exactly why I don't trust you with Beastman!"

"Because I sing?"

"No! Because you care too much! I don't want somebody loving my little brother more than I do because he may not like me anymore!"

"Huh?" She said, confused. "Just because we're dating, doesn't mean he won't like you anymore."

"Well, you're all he ever talks about! 'Bubbles is so kind!' Or 'Bubbles is my sugar pumpkin lemon pie!'!"

"What do you suppose he say about me?! That I'm 'emotionally broken' or that I 'suck at everything and can't do anything right'?! What does Snowdark say to you?! Does she say you suck?!"

"No..."

"EXACTLY! THIS IS WHAT I MEAN! Geez! You know what, I tried to ask your forgiveness but you obviously don't want an apology!"

She storms off, leaving trails of hoof print behind as she opens a portal far away from the castle. Physco takes a look at these and notices something off about them. Instead of regular hoof prints, these looked like paws. What was she hiding?....

Author's Note:

What happened while Bubblegum was gone? What will happen when Bubblegum and Lyra hand-out? Find out in the next chapter! :heart:

PreviousChapters Next