• Published 15th May 2016
  • 2,417 Views, 106 Comments

Bubblegum's Adventure - MLP Sparkle Star



Bubblegum was living an ordinary life until she found a cave (More like the cave found her) that teleported her to a magical land called Equestria, where she is apparently an alicorn princess. What will come of her in this new land? Friend or foe?...

  • ...
23
 106
 2,417

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Forty, Date

Bubblegum and Beastman made it to the restaurant he invited her to. She looked up at the name of the restaurant to see what it was called. Sizzling Sapphires? This was the same name of the restaurant she was hoping to sign up to work for.

"Sizzling Sapphires..." She said, quietly.

"What was that?" He turned around.

"Oh I was just reading the name of the restaurant, that's all." She smiled.

"Ok."

They walked inside. Instead of a fancy restaurant, he had taken her to a country themed restaurant. Where there were peanuts in barrels and ponies dressed like cowboys and cowgirls alike. sort of like the restaurant back in the human realm called Colton's.

"Wow." She exclaimed.

"Something wrong?"

"Oh no. Nothing's wrong. Just the fact that this reminds me a lot of another restaurant back in the human realm."

"Ah! You mean Colton's, don't you?"

She nodded, smiling as he laughed.

"I knew it would."

She giggled. "I remember one time, when I was 12, me and my family went to Colton's after church with a boy named Sutton and a guy called John. Sutton had a way with people. When we were talking, him and John started talking about something really weird. And, just a reminder, John was 80 something. But, anyways, there was a lady behind us all in a booth that kept laughing. So he turned around and yelled to her, 'I'm sorry. We didn't mean to intrude.' and she laughed even harder. Then, the waiter came over after Sutton had spilt his drink. It was actually my birthday when it happened. But, he asked the waiter, 'Where's my sundae?' the waiter replied, 'You have to buy one.' So, Sutton offered to help him carry his dishes to the kitchen so he could get a free sundae. And, surprise surprise, he actually got one.... With two cherries instead of one. He gave his extra cherry to me though."

"Wow." Beastman said. "What a vivid story."

"It actually happened."

"Well, it's good that you got another cherry, I guess." He chuckled. "Anyways, let's eat, shall we?"

It was quiet shocking to Bubblegum when she walked around the restaurant, it looked exactly like Colton's. The floor, the furniture, everything! They sat down in a booth and looked at the menu. Of course, here in Sizzling Sapphires, it didn't cost as much since everything was literally a bit or two in Equestria. Well, it was a bit more expensive than that though. About 12 or 13 bits per sandwich and/or steak. But it was worth it.

"I think I'm gonna get the onion rings." Beastman said as Bubblegum looked up at him. "You ok?"

"That's the same thing Sutton ordered." She looked at the menu. "And, once again, I am going with the sweet potato fries with the marshmallow dipping sauce." She smiled, remembering almost everything.

The waitress came over and took the orders after asking what drinks they wanted. The waitress was Cupid.

"Cupid?" Bubblegum asked. "Is that you?"

"Yeah." She said, holding a tray. "This is my Summer job."

"....Job?...." Bubblegum said. "Did you see the sign on the lamppost?"

"Yeah. They were only needing one pony surprisingly."

Bubblegum had got infuriated. If Twilight hadn't have stopped her from getting the job, she could've made some money of her own instead of acting like a spoiled rich kid crawling to mommy or daddy wanting money.

She sighed, taking deep breaths i and out. "It's ok, Bubblegum, it's ok..." She whispered.

"So, you were wanting onion rings and sweet potato fries with the marshmallow sauce?" She repeated.

"Yes..." Beastman said, glancing over at Bubblegum with a concerned face. "And we'll take a steak, too"

"Ok. I'll come back when your finished eating."

When Cupid left, Bubblegum began to grind her teeth together in frustration.

"Bubblegum, are you sure you're alright?"

"No I mean yes, I mean-..... I don't know anymore." She frowned. "If Twilight hadn't have stopped me from getting this job, I could've made some money, had a job!" She sighed.

"It's ok Bubblegum." He put his hoof on her arm. "At least you have free time, your royalty, and you are rich." He chuckled. "Not very often do ponies get to be like that."

"I guess you're right. It just, would've been nice to have one."

"I know. But, if you would like a job, you could be a maid in Physco's kingdom."

"Well, as much as I would like a job, I would have to say no. While I can be many things, being a maid is not one of them." She chuckled.

Darn-it! Beastman thought. I would've loved to see her in a dress like that!

"Ok!" He managed a smile, trying to play it cool.

"Your food is here." Cupid came back with a tray full of their things. "Would you like anything else?"

"We're fine." She said.

"Alrighty then! Here's the receipt."

"Thanks, Cupid."

"You're welcome." She gasped, excitedly. "Omg Bubblegum! There's a karaoke machin! You should sing!"

Bingo! He thought.

"I guess."

"C'mon!" She dragged Bubblegum by the arm and put her on the stage.

She sat there for a second before clearing her throat.


Bubblegum
Super Trouper beams are gonna blind me
But I won't feel blue
Like I always do
'Cause somewhere in the crowd there's you

Bubblegum
I was sick and tired of everything
When I called you last night from Glasgow
All I do is eat and sleep and sing
Wishing every show was the last show

Random ponies
(Wishing every show was the last show)

Bubblegum
So imagine I was glad to hear you're coming

Random ponies
(Glad to hear you're coming)

Bubblegum
Suddenly I feel all right

Random ponies
(And suddenly it's gonna be)

Bubblegum
And it's gonna be so different
When I'm on the stage tonight

Bubblegum
Tonight the
Super Trouper lights are gonna find me
Shining like the sun

Random ponies
(Sup-p-per Troup-p-per)

Bubblegum
Smiling, having fun

Random ponies
(Sup-p-per Troup-p-per)

Bubblegum
Feeling like a number one
Tonight the
Super Trouper beams are gonna blind me
But I won't feel blue

Random ponies
(Sup-p-per Troup-p-per)

Bubblegum
Like I always do

Random ponies
(Sup-p-per Troup-p-per)

Bubblegum
'Cause somewhere in the crowd there's you

Bubblegum
Facing twenty thousand of your friends
How can anyone be so lonely
Part of a success that never ends
Still I'm thinking about you only

Random ponies
(Still I'm thinking about you only)

Bubblegum
There are moments when I think I'm going crazy

Random ponies
(Think I'm going crazy)

Bubblegum
But it's gonna be alright

Random ponies
(You'll soon be changing everything)

Bubblegum
Everything will be so different
When I'm on the stage tonight

Bubblegum
Tonight the
Super Trouper lights are gonna find me
Shining like the sun

Random ponies
(Sup-p-per Troup-p-per)

Bubblegum
Smiling, having fun

Random ponies
(Sup-p-per Troup-p-per)

Bubblegum
Feeling like a number one
Tonight the
Super Trouper beams are gonna blind me
But I won't feel blue

Random ponies
(Sup-p-per Troup-p-per)

Bubblegum
Like I always do

Random ponies
(Sup-p-per Troup-p-per)

Bubblegum
'Cause somewhere in the crowd there's you

Bubblegum
So I'll be there when you arrive
The sight of you will prove to me I'm still alive
And when you take me in your arms
And hold me tight
I know it's gonna mean so much tonight

Bubblegum
Tonight the
Super Trouper lights are gonna find me
Shining like the sun

Random ponies
(Sup-p-per Troup-p-per)


Bubblegum
Smiling, having fun

Random ponies
(Sup-p-per Troup-p-per)

Bubblegum
Feeling like a number one
Tonight the
Super Trouper beams are gonna blind me
But I won't feel blue

Random ponies
(Sup-p-per Troup-p-per)

Bubblegum
Like I always do

Random ponies
(Sup-p-per Troup-p-per)

Bubblegum
'Cause somewhere in the crowd there's you

Random ponies
(Sup-p-per Troup-p-per)

Bubblegum
Lights are gonna find me
Shining like the sun

Random ponies
(Sup-p-per Troup-p-per)

Bubblegum
Smiling, having fun

Random ponies
(Sup-p-per Troup-p-per)

Bubblegum
Feeling like a number one

Everyone started clapping as Bubblegum bowed and left the stage. Beastman came up to her and smiled.

"That was so good! I loved it!" He hugged her as she hugged him back.
~~~~~~
After the rest of the date was over, Bubblegum made it to her house alright as she turned on the lights and saw John standing there, tapping his claw on her floor.

"Can I help you?" She looked at him as she put her dress up.

"Where have you been for the past 5 hours and 11 minutes?" He asked, angry.

"I already told you, I was out on a date."

"And I told you that princesses don't usually go on dates." He stopped tapping his claw. "Now, where is my room at in this huge thing?"

"Your room?"

"Yeah. You signed that paper I gave you and it said, 'If you agree to these terms, your new assistant will live with you, no pay.'."

"I read the whole thing and I saw nothing about you living with me!"

"Did you read the second paper?"

"Second paper?"

He got out his notebook and showed it to her.

"I didn't even know there was a second paper! That's false advertising!"

"No I believe it's called, 'read the whole summary before assuming'." He grinned.

Bubblegum frowned, annoyed. "Fine. You can have the bedroom downstairs."

She lead him further down the stairs than he had expected.

"Here you go. It's called 'luxury'." She grinned and turned on the lights.

John looked around to see that there were a few cobwebs here and there with some camel crickets.

"Um, excuse me, but, I believe this is the basement."

"I know."

He realized this was his room. "Hey! You said it was luxury!"

Bubblegum laughed. "It's called false advertising. I would like this place spotty clean by the morning." She smiled, testing him. "Now, I am going to bed. Chop chop!"

Author's Note:

Song:
Super Trouper by ABBA

Liked it? Stay tuned for more! :heart:

PreviousChapters Next