• Published 15th May 2016
  • 2,417 Views, 106 Comments

Bubblegum's Adventure - MLP Sparkle Star



Bubblegum was living an ordinary life until she found a cave (More like the cave found her) that teleported her to a magical land called Equestria, where she is apparently an alicorn princess. What will come of her in this new land? Friend or foe?...

  • ...
23
 106
 2,417

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Fifty-one, Starlight's "Apprentice"

Upon making it to Canterlot, Bubblegum knew Luna was up all day and night instead of just night like her dream had told her. She wanted to know if her dream was real since Luna could give ponies dreams or help them in their dreams. She landed on the castle grounds, walking inside. The guards, standing outside guarding the place as usual, recognized her and let her in. Luna, who was making breakfast for herself, realized Bubblegum was there, standing behind her.

"Bubblegum!" She smiled. "How are you this fine evening?"

"You control ponies dreams, right?"

She nods.

"Did you have anything to do with my dream about you being my actual mother?"

Luna was a bit confused but knew where she was going.

"Well," she started, "dreams happen for many reasons. It may be because I feel like a mother to you or you miss your mom."

Even though her theory made sense, Bubblegum wasn't buying it. She decided to ask the one pony that she hadn't talked to in a really long time....
~~~~
Celestia was baking a cake with Beastman when they heard her walk into the kitchen.

"Beastman?" Bubblegum asked. "Why are you baking with the princess?"

"Just some mother and son bonding."

"Oh ok-.... Wait, Celestia's your mom?!"

"Yeah. It's a bit confusing.... You'll have to hear the story. It was quite the experience! Ever since I came to Equestria when I died, Celestia took me in as her son and raised me like her son."

"Wait, you were 27 when you died... How old are you now?"

He thought for a second. "Well, 33..."

She was shocked for a second but snapped out of it when she remembered why she came in there.

"Hey, Beastman, honey, could you give me and Celestia a momment?"

"Of course."

As he left the room and shut the door, Bubblegum walked a bit closer to Celestia.

"So, um, did you once live in a place called Japon?"

She nodded. "But how did you know that?"

"I'll ask the questions for right now, ok? Not meaning to be rude or anything..."

"I understand."

"Was... Was I born there?"

"Nonsense! You were born a human." She sort of nervously chuckled while she said that."

"Celestia please tell me the truth!"

She sighed. "You were. Did Luna tell you the story?"

"Well, sort of. It was in a dream I had. A vision."

"I see. Most visions and/or dreams happen for reasons-"

"Yeah Luna told me that part." She sighed. "For my whole life, I've been wondering 'What am I meant to do? What am I meant to say?'... But this makes sense!" She then remembered the part where Luna said something about the emperor not liking alicorns. "Where is Japon located?"

"It's an area outside of Equestria... So it shouldn'tbe on the map.... But, my mother owned a map outside of Equestria with different sections about Japon, Klugetown, and other places." Celestia pulls out a map from underneath the oven. "This should help you find the city... But be careful. Who knows what's out there and what could harm you. I would suggest having somepony you trust help you with this important task."

Bubblegum had an idea of who to bring...
~~~~
"Wait... YOU'RE THE DAUGHTER OF PRINCESS LUNA?! RULER OF THE NIGHT?!" Twilight yelled, shocked. "B-but you look nothing like her!"

Bubblegum rolled her eyes. "That's not the point. I need your help on this mission. So will you help or not?"

Twilight nodded. "If this is that important to you, I will do it."

Starlight overheard the conversation from the other room. "So she's the daughter of Luna?... Is that how she became an alicorn?"

Just then, she had a brilliant idea. "I'll ask Sunburst to come and help me with spying on them."

She started to write a scroll, asking Spike to send it to him once she was done.
~~~~
The two, technically 4, ponies made it to the Hypogryph city (I forgot the name of it).

"On the map, it says that Japon is farther south than this..." Twilight said as they continued to fly across the ocean. "I don't know what possessed Celestia and Luna to go this far just to get to Canterlot."

"I know! This is futher away than I've ever gone in.... well, never! My wings are already tired!"

"But we must keep going if you want to meet this Emperor Yutsuko. And, why did you choose me to come with you if she despises alicorns?"

"Well, you were my first real friend, besides Luna, here in Equestria. Sure, DJ-PON 3 or Vinyl Scratch offered me a home and Rarity offered to keep my secret, but, that's basically what nice people do. You're the one who actually accepted me for who I am." They made it to an island in between Japon and Hypogryph city to rest on for the night. "We're probably going to have to disguise ourselves as unicorns in order not to get killed or harmed."

"Agreed. But how will we even get past the guards?"

"We do it the nice way." Bubblegum said. "Ask them politely if we can see the emperor."

"But," Twilight started. "What if they say 'no'?"

"Then we teleport in. Easy as pie."

"Ooo!" She smiled. "I wonder if they have a library!"

Bubblegum giggled as they set up a tent and rested for the night. Soon enough, Starlight and Sunburst found their location.

"I'm still not sure about this, Starlight." Sunburst said, stroking his beard. "I feel uncomfortable spying on Princess Twilight and Luna's daughter."

"We just need to make sure they're ok. Like good friends do."

"But wouldn't a 'good friend' trust their other friend to go places?"

"Well, normally, yes. But, that 'daughter' of Luna's is suspicious. I don't trust her."

Sunburst started laughing. "What would be funny is if, in the end, she turned out to be your sister."

"Pfft! Please!"

But then she sort of saw the similarities. Both have a pink coat, both have blue, or in Starlight's case, some blue, in their mane, both, she thinks, know powerful spells, and both are friends of Twilight.

"Well, maybe... But that doesn't mean we have the same mother." She said.

They both made up tents on the other side of the island to rest as well.
~~~~
Twilight woke up in the morning to hear Bubblegum screaming to the top of her lungs. She rushes out of bed and checkes on her.

"Are you ok, Bubblegum?"

She looked at Twilight and what seemed to be her hair got longer and more silky than before.

"What's wrong exactly?"

"M-my mane! It's longer!"

"O...k? What does that mean?"

"Exactly! I don't know! It's odd. Why would it all of a sudden get longer during the night?"

"I don't know. But let's pack up and start heading on our way."
~~~~
After getting ready, they set off, Starlight and Sunburst slowly behind.

Author's Note:

What do you think the emperor will say to Bubblegum and Twilight? Yes or no? Find out in the next chapter! :heart:


Thanks so much for the people who have supported me, helped me with my grammar, and kept this story going and on it's feet! It's helped me a lot! Here's a shourtout to the person who has done all of those through each chapter: Chrome Masquerade, the guy who's dealt with me the whole way XD. Thanks.

PreviousChapters Next