• Published 15th May 2016
  • 2,417 Views, 106 Comments

Bubblegum's Adventure - MLP Sparkle Star



Bubblegum was living an ordinary life until she found a cave (More like the cave found her) that teleported her to a magical land called Equestria, where she is apparently an alicorn princess. What will come of her in this new land? Friend or foe?...

  • ...
23
 106
 2,417

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Thirty-eight, Party Gone Wrong

Bubblegum, Beastman, and Physco all arrived the Physco's kingdom, seeing all the party balloons and lanterns outside.

"Wow, I never knew you were a party planner, Physco."

"I'm not. This is my sons work." He then face palmed himself. "Besides, I would most probably go with different shades of red."

Bubblegum frowned, realizing what he meant.

They all three walked inside to see the punch table and DJ over on the opposite sides of the room. Bubblegum ran over to the dance floor to, ya know, dance. She looked over to see Beastman walk over towards her, obviously wanting to dance with all the other ponies.

Physco then moaned. "I'm gonna go on my 'shopping spree'.... for blood." He grabbed his sword and teleported away from everyone else to kill ponies.

Bubblegum danced for about 12 minutes without looking at Beastman. She tried to find him on the dance floor but realized he was gone. She shrugged and continued about her night. Getting thirsty, she went over to the punch stand to get a drink, seeing Phydark over there by himself.

"Nice party, Phydark." Bubblegum said, taking a sip of her fruit punch. "I never would've thought you could throw a party this big before!"

Phydark looked at her, blushing. "Thanks. Very much appreciated...."

"Well, you're welcome." She smiled kindly back. "Say, have you seen Beastman anywhere?"

"Come to think of it, no. Last I saw uncle Beastman, he was teleporting himself somewhere while he was on the dance floor."

Bubblegum thought about this for a second. Beastman doesn't have a horn. How in Equestria could he have teleported himself anywhere in the first place? Then she realized.

"Quick! You need to shut the party down!"

"Why?..."

"This has to be the work of-...."

Suddenly, a wind stirred up inside the castle, like a tiny tornado. And there he was. Shadow!

"Ha ha aha! Look at all you puny ponies!"

Bubblegum saw him holding a pony with the shadows he has. Oh my gosh! The pony was-....

"BEASTMAN!"

The ponies at the party screamed with fear, running here and there.

"Well, well, well.... If it isn't my 'magical' Princess Bubblegum! What are you going to do, cry?" Shadow laughed, apparently satisfied with his choice of words.

"Put Beastman down!" She yelled.

"Why? Because you love him?" He said, managing to put an evil smile on his face.

"YES! Love is more powerful than fear! Just like life is more powerful than death! I know that now!" Tears began to well up in her eyes. "Why do you do this?! Why do you want to hurt everyone?! Are you lonely or something?!"

Shadow completely froze, with a clueless, yet frightened, Bubblegum standing in front of him.

"Do you just want a friend....?" She stopped for a second, straining less.

There was a long pause between Shadow and Bubblegum looking at each other for the longest time. Then he began to speak.

"I...... I don't know who you think you are! Messing with my emotions that way! That just makes me want to kill him even more!" He held a knife up to Beastman's neck. "I WILL DO IT!"

That's when everything changed.... Bubblegum came closer to him, unafraid of what was about to happen. She walked up as close to him as she possibly could, looked up at him, then touched his arm (or shadow arm that is).

Bubblegum managed a smile. "I'll be your friend."

Shadow then backed off a bit, confused. "Why? Why!" He made a disgusted look on his face. "Why would you want to be friends with me after all that I've done to you?... I've hurt you and your friends, turned you into monsters, and almost killed the ones you love! If anything, you should fear me!"

She looked deep into his eyes. " Remember not the former things, nor consider the things of old." She smiled once again. "I forgive you for everything you've done."

Shadow felt a tear streak down his cheek as he smiled, letting go of Beastman. "Do you really mean that?"

She nodded, giving him the "everything is OK" sign.

"Very well then."

She gasped as he began to shrink from this huge shadow into an actual pony. He had a rose on his chest on it's vines going around his body and up his horn and wings. His cutie mark consisted of stars and clouds mixed together. He had green eyes, too. And he was a dark gray.

Shadow smiled. " Thank you for showing me what true friendship is, princess of reciprocity."

Bubblegum was suddenly confused. "Princess of Reciprocity?"

"It means the quality or state of being reciprocal; dependence, action, or influence. And you, Bubblegum, have influenced me to become a better pony. I thank you dearly!"

Bubblegum then felt something on her chest, head, and hooves. She looks down to see a necklace and shoes as blue as the night sky with what appeared to be sparkly stars on them. She then felt her head to feel a crown with a flower on it, in the middle was her cutie mark.

"I-I don't know what to say! Thank you!" She hugged him as he blushed.

"I've never been hugged before.... But it feels so nice and gives me a tingly feeling inside. What is this feeling?"

She smiled. "I believe it is called happiness!"

"I ought to talk to my sisters since the last time I talked to them was hundreds of moons ago."

Bubblegum pulled away since their hug was over. "Who are your sisters?"

"Princess Celestia and Princess Luna."

She was taken aback by shock. "Y-your siblings with Princess Celestia and Luna?! No way!"

He nodded. "And last time I ever even saw them, I was taking you into the Flash dimension." He frowned. "Look, Bubblegum, I am truly sorry for the way I treated you and the others.... Can I ever repay you?"

Bubblegum grinned. "There is one way..."

"What is it? I'll do anything!"

"Becoming my friend."

Shadow's eyes grew wider. "Fr.... iends?"

"You sound confused."

"Well, I've never really had any friends."

"I guess I can be your first one then!" She smiled.

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Stay tuned for more! :heart:

PreviousChapters Next