• Published 15th May 2016
  • 2,417 Views, 106 Comments

Bubblegum's Adventure - MLP Sparkle Star



Bubblegum was living an ordinary life until she found a cave (More like the cave found her) that teleported her to a magical land called Equestria, where she is apparently an alicorn princess. What will come of her in this new land? Friend or foe?...

  • ...
23
 106
 2,417

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Forty-three, Speed of Sound

Bubblegum and Rainbow raced through the levels in the blink of an eye! With Rainbow's speed and Bubblegum's intelligence of the game, nothing could stop them! Until they made it to the last level.

"Phew!" Rainbow sighed, crossing her arms. "That took forever!"

"Only because time slowed down for you. It was actually only an hour or two."

"How do you know time was slowed down for me?"

She rolled her eyes. "First of all, I have a friend who can run faster than Sonic and you and he told me how it feels. Second of all, I also experienced it."

"Ha! Like right! Let's just keep going!"

They go into position as Bubblegum lifted her up and started to fly across half of the whole thing before landing and knocking out some baddies. Then, they checked everywhere for any secret entrances or lifes anywhere until they beat the level.... Or so they thought...

"Yes! Now we can go home!"

"Not quite.... Look out!" Bubblegum yelled as a silver ball came spinning at them.

"What is that?!"

Bubblegum cleared her throat as they kept dodging the attacks.

"Mecha Sonic is perhaps the Sonic robot which bears most resemblance to Sonic apart from being a little taller and has a silver-colored scheme. Since there are no rings, just one slip-up is deadly. Mecha Sonic has many different attacks that are mostly similar to Sonic's, such as the spin-dash, turbo-dash, and spin-jump. However, the most challenging move of Mecha Sonic's is his jump-and-spike-launch-attack. The best way of avoiding this is to kill the robot before he gets a chance to use it; spin dashing Mecha Sonic the moment his jet-boots touch the decking. We can hit him 4 times in one bout if one times it right. Then accrue another 4 hits (total of 8) to the robot's head to defeat him. Once Mecha Sonic is vanquished, we enter a quick chase scene with Dr. Robotnik, before we jump into the final boss robot. "

"Mecha Sonic?"

"Yes. But we must be quick about our moves or we will die immediately!"

They dodge again before Mecha Sonic does his spin-dash.

"What do we have to do next?!"

"Like I said, we kill it by jumping on him three times! Now go!"

They both take turns jumping on his head over and over again until he finally died. They both took a deep breath.

"That.... was.... hard...." Rainbow said, leaning on her knees as she tried to catch a breath. "What now?"

"Next we have to do an Eggman, or, as some like to call him, Dr. Robotnik, chase."

"Is that what we did before with that fat guy?"

"Yes. But it's even more harder. Robotnik's attacks include launching his arms like rockets, and trying to stomp on Sonic. Also, don't get caught behind the robot - Dr. Robotnik launches a pair of grenades which almost guarantee death. Just be patient, and attack the head or underside only when the mecha bows its feet after landing from one of its jet-pack flights. As we attack the robot, be careful not to accidentally hit the spikes on his arms or it'll be instant death. The robot, despite the bombs, is actually vulnerable at the back. The best strategy for dealing with this boss is to move right to the edge of the platform when Robotnik jumps into the walker's cockpit. When the robot is in position, we can get two free hits this way as it moves, aim for its backside and be careful of the jetpack. This tactic makes this boss much easier. The boss is defeated after twelve hits. Once the mech is taken down, the Death Egg begins to explode and Sonic manages to survive by hurling himself out of an airlock into space. Looking like the end for us as we descend through the stratosphere of his world. I can come and catch you on the tornado, thus ending the game, but if we have all seven chaos emeralds, we instead can fly safely beside the Tornado in our Super States. Think you're ready?"

Rainbow stood aside, astonished, shocked, and afraid but nods. "Yeah."

"Good. Don't die." She encouraged her as Eggman shows up in the Death Egg. "Here it comes."

Eggman fired his arm rockets as they both dodged them and went for his head. Rainbow went a little to the right instead of the middle and almost got hit by one of the arm spikes before ricocheting her body backwards by pressing her foot against the suits armor.

"I can't do it! It's too strong!" She breathed heavily before Bubblegum putting her arm on her shoulder for a split second.

"Yes you can! We can! If we defeat him, we'll be free of this treacherous dimension! Now try attacking the head or back! I will lift you over him!" They both dodged once again. "Are you in?"

She nodded as they did exactly as planned. Bubblegum lifting her over Eggman before almost getting hit. She distracted him while Rainbow Dash kept hitting the back of the machine, causing it to start exploding.

"Look out, Dash!"

Right before the machine exploded, Beastman unzipped the fabric of the universe to pick the up and save them before unzipping it, bringing them back to the pony dimension.

"Thank my mother your'e alright!" He said, looking at the two of them standing on two legs before returning to four.

"We're alive!" Rainbow Dash sighed, almost hyperventilating.

"Told you we would make it and what just happened?" She said, sounding smart. "You didn't need to come save us, Beastman. We had it covered."

"I didn't want you to get hurt. But, I should've known you'd be strong after the training we did."

After Bubblegum's and Beastman's reunion, they both kissed as Rainbow Dash stood there, shocked.

"You two are dating?"

"Yeah... What's wrong with us dating?" Bubblegum asked, holding his hoof.

"Well, I've never seen a princess who has had a special somepony before."

Bubblegum looked at her as she rolled her eyes, obviously annoyed as she walked off with Beastman. "Bye, Dash."

Rainbow tilted her head as she said to herself: "Did I say something wrong?"

Author's Note:

Liked the chapter? Stay tuned for more! <3 :heart:

PreviousChapters Next