• Published 15th May 2016
  • 2,417 Views, 106 Comments

Bubblegum's Adventure - MLP Sparkle Star



Bubblegum was living an ordinary life until she found a cave (More like the cave found her) that teleported her to a magical land called Equestria, where she is apparently an alicorn princess. What will come of her in this new land? Friend or foe?...

  • ...
23
 106
 2,417

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Forty-one, Slipping Through My Fingers

Bubblegum woke up. Ready to start the day as she just remembered John was downstairs cleaning all night.... Or at least she thought he had been. She races down the stairs in her pajamas and sees that the basement was now some pool hall with a bowling ally, too.

Bubblegum sat there, frozen with shock while pointing her hoof at all the things he had down there.

"Why good morning, Bubblegum." John said with a smirk. "I made a nutritious breakfast upstairs in the kitchen if you want some."

"But-.... How did-"

"I do this?" He interrupted her. "It's very simple. You hired an assistant and that's what you wanted, right?"

She nodded. "But-"

"So, that's what you got."

She straightened up, knowing that he knew her plan. "Alright. Now you can live down here. And yes I would like some breakfast, please. Is it hot?"

"Yes it is and it's in the microwave. I made biscuits and gravy."

She began to walk up the stairs, mouthing "Oh my gosh!"

How in the world did he manage to do that in just a small amount of hours?! She thought, taking a bite of her biscuits. It's just impossible!

That's when she had heard a knock at the castle doors. She looked through the peephole. It was Fire Hoof!

She sighed as she opened the doors. "Why are you here?"

He frowned. "I wanted to say I was sorry for treating you like you were some 'toy' I could play with. I should've trusted you more than that."

She raised an eyebrow. "A 'toy' you could play with, huh? You treated me worse than a toy, Fire! You treated me like dirt beneath your hooves!"

"Let me finish!" He growled, angrily. "Now listen, ok? I know I treated you badly and I'm asking your forgiveness! All that time, it was slipping through my fingers with me not asking your forgiveness!"

She was shocked to hear this but a bit suspicious. "Slipping through your 'fingers'? Hate to break it to ya, pal, but, you ain't got no fingers. And how would you even know what fingers are?"

He started to sweat. "Um, no reason."

"Ok, this is exactly why we broke up! You lie to me constantly!"

"Ok fine! I am from the human world, too. I didn't want to tell you, but.... Yeah."

Bubblegum looked at him for a second before she suddenly started to hear music playing. She looked down to see he had a boombox playing this soothing music before he started to sing.


Fire Hoof
Schoolbag in hand, she leaves home in the early morning
Waving goodbye with an absent-minded smile
I watch her go with a surge of that well-known sadness
And I have to sit down for a while


The feeling that I'm losing her forever
And without really entering her world
I'm glad whenever I can share her laughter
That funny little girl


Slipping through my fingers all the time
I try to capture every minute
The feeling in it
Slipping through my fingers all the time
Do I really see what's in her mind
Each time I think I'm close to knowing
She keeps on growing
Slipping through my fingers all the time


Sleep in our eyes, her and me at the breakfast table
Barely awake, I let precious time go by
Then when she's gone, there's that odd melancholy feeling
And a sense of guilt I can't deny


What happened to the wonderful adventures
The places I had planned for us to go

Bubblegum
(Slipping through my fingers all the time)

Fire Hoof
Well, some of that we did but most we didn't
And why, I just don't know


Slipping through my fingers all the time
I try to capture every minute
The feeling in it
Slipping through my fingers all the time
Do I really see what's in her mind
Each time I think I'm close to knowing
She keeps on growing
Slipping through my fingers all the time

Both
Sometimes I wish that I could freeze the picture
And save it from the funny tricks of time
Slipping through my fingers


Slipping through my fingers all the time


Schoolbag in hand she leaves home in the early morning
Waving goodbye with an absent-minded smile

As the song stops, Fire Hoof looks up at her, crying.

"Bubblegum, I want us to be more than friends again!"

Bubblegum looked at him with a frown. "I'm sorry, Fire Hoof. I have my mind set on someone else."

He looked at her with a half smile. "Who is it?"

"It's Beastman, Son of Celestia."

Fire Hoof's heart was shattered in this moment. He scoffed. "I see. You only go after the royal ones, don't you?"

"What? no! We both have fallen in love with each other! It was only a couple days after I fell in love with him, did he tell me he was royalty!"

"But you couldn't tell by his brother's kingdom?"

"THIS IS EXACTLY WHY WE STOPPED GOING OUT! YOU GET JEALOUS EASILY!"

John had been a bit behind to hear the conversation.

"NOW GO! I need to eat the rest of my breakfast."

"But-"

"GO!"

Fire Hoof picked up his boombox and flew away as Bubblegum had tears in her eyes, trying to restrain them from coming out. She sat at the table with one biscuit left. Unfortunately, her guarding duties to keep her tears from coming out weren't good as they came trickling down her face, falling onto her plate. She began to sob as John came up behind her with a worried face before putting his claw on her shoulder. She managed to look up at him.

"Thing's will get better, Princess Жевательная резинка. Don't be sad." John hugged her.

For some reason, his voice was soothing for her. It made her feel calm.

"Oh, John!" She sobbed. "Why can't life be simple?..."

"Because life makes us who we are. Weather we're nice or rude like him, you're you and you keep it that way."

Author's Note:

Song:
Slipping Through My Fingers by ABBA

Sorry for the emotional break down. Bubblegum is feeling a bit angry and sad about the things that Fire Hoof does. Stay tuned for the next chapter! :heart:

PreviousChapters Next