• Published 15th May 2016
  • 2,417 Views, 106 Comments

Bubblegum's Adventure - MLP Sparkle Star



Bubblegum was living an ordinary life until she found a cave (More like the cave found her) that teleported her to a magical land called Equestria, where she is apparently an alicorn princess. What will come of her in this new land? Friend or foe?...

  • ...
23
 106
 2,417

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter Thirty-six, Training PT1

"These eggs taste delicious, Twilight!" Bubblegum said, happily.

"Thanks!" She looked at Bubblegum. "Why were you yelling in your sleep last night?"

"Um..." She started to sweat. "Well, I don't know. Maybe I just.... Sleep-talk?" She smiled nervously.

"Are you sure?" Twilight said, pouring coffee into her mug.

"Yep!"

Suddenly, someone started to knock on the door.

"I wonder who that could be..."

Twilight walked to her door and opened it. It appeared to be Physco and Beastman.

"Is Bubblegum here?" Physco asked with a straight face.

"Um, yes-..."

They then barged past her and towards Bubblegum, who was stuffing eggs in her face.

"Hehe... Hi guys-..."

"Have you had any dreams about Shadow lately?"

"Well, last night."

"AHA!" Twilight gasped. "I knew there was a reason for your yelling!"

They looked at her with a "seriously?" type of face.

"Sorry. Continue please."

"Anyways..." Physco took out a notebook and pencil. "How good are you at fighting?"

"I guess average. Especially with my magic!" She then used her magic to pick up the fork and eat some eggs.

"But what about without your magic?"

"I guess I'd be pretty sucky-..."

"Alright!" Physco interupted her. "Training it is then."

"Training? Training for what?"

"Training for fighting Shadow."

He put the notebook down as he teleported Bubblegum, him, Beastman out of the castle as Twilight frowned.

"Great!" She crossed her arms. "What will I tell the princesses? Unless she comes back before Tuesday."
~~~~~~~~~~
They all showed up at some place that looked dead but there were rocks everywhere.

"Where are we?" She asked, looking around.

"We're in a romote place nopony has ever heard of before; the Rocky Plains." Beastman said, half smiling.

"This is where we train." Physco gave Bubblegum a silver sword and gave himself a golden sword. "This place is also magic free." He smiled.

"Magic... Free?" She gulped. "But, how will we get back?"

He then points to a hot air balloon.

"Wait, but we have wings! Can't we just fly back?"

"It's a long fly back, so, your wings would get tired."

"Sigh Fair enough." She then looks at the swords. "But wait a minute. How come you get the gold sword and I get silver?"

"The silver has been used more, so therefore, it has less durability. I'm teaching you how to fight with broken weapon before fighting with used ones-..."

"Woah woah woah. How come it's not the other way around?" Beastman look at the script. "Oh! This makes way more sense! Carry on."

"Because if someone gives you a weapon that claims to be 'unused', you can still fight with one. Plus, if you break that one, I've made plenty of copies before we came."

You'll do it for him, and then you'll do it again
You'll do it for her, and now you'll say, I'll do it for him
Keep your stance wide, keep your body lowered as you're moving forward balance is the key
Right hoof, left hoof, now go even faster! And as you're moving backward, keep your eyeson me

Bubblegum
Keep my stance wide, keep my body lowered as I'm moving forward
Right hoof, left hoof

Physco
Great! Now put your whole body into it!
Everything you have, everything you are you've got to give on the battlefield!
When everything is chaos!
And you have nothing but the way you feel, your strategy, and a sword
You'll just think about the life you'll have together after the fight!
And then you do it for him, that's how you know you can win
You'll do it for her, that is to say, you'll do it for him
Deep down, you know, that you weren't built for fighting
But that doesn't mean you're not prepared to try
What they don't know is your real advantage
Is when you live for someone, your prepared to die!

Bubblegum
Deep down, I know, that I am just a pony

Both
But I know that (I/you) can draw my sword and fight.

Bubblegum
With my long existance, I can make a difference
I can be there for him, I can be his knight

Physco
You'd do it for him
Ok, now do that again
You do it for her and now you say:

Bubblegum
I'll do this for him
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After about 3 hours of training, they made it back to the castle at 8:37 PM (they left at 3:00 PM).

"Where were you guys?" Twilight asked, stomping her hoof on the floor.

"The Rocky Plains." Bubblegum said, excitedly. "We had fun training though."

"Fun?" Physco frowned. "Training is not about fun! This training is serious!"

"Yeah!" Beastman agreed. "Especially since he's been your villain ever since you came to Equestria!"

"Bubblegum, I know your training has a purpose, but, tomorrow is Tuesday! And we've gotta get up at 5:30 AM if we're gonna trick the princesses in thinking you were gone for the whole week!"

"Oh right! I'm so sorry! I had an exciting day with you guys!" She looks over at Beastman and blushes. "Maybe, tomorrow after the whole trickery, we could train again."

"I was thinking that anyways." Beastman looked at Physco.

"And, you get armor too."

"Gasp Really?! I could be a pony version of Wonder Woman!" She laughed. "But I doubt it."

"Anyways," Twilight interupted. "Time for you all to go! Bye bye!" She shoved them out the door. "Phew!" She then looked behind Bubblegum's back. "What's that?"

"Um, nothing..."

"What is it?" She then teleported behind her and grabbed it. "A SWORD?! YOU WERE TRAINING WITH SWORD?!"

"It's not that bad!" She protested. "Besides, it's a broken sword."

"I don't care! You could've came back without a head! Or even worse, had a limb chopped off of you!"

"Twilight I'm fine! Besides, it's not like I haven't touched a sword before."

"YOU'VE TOUCHED A SWORD BEFORE TODAY?!"

"Yes.... Technically. It was grandfathers sword. I mean, I didn't use it. He just let me touch it. But he showed me how to use a sword. And, aparently, I remembered well."

"Bubblegum, may I ask you a question?"

"Sure."

"Can you please go to bed?"

"Sigh Fine."

Author's Note:

Is Twilight just trying to control Bubblegum or keep her safe? Find out in the next chapter! :heart:

PreviousChapters Next