• Published 15th Mar 2013
  • 8,990 Views, 170 Comments

Scraps, Musings & Octavia Writes Fanfics - Wanderer D



Really short shorts that cross my mind and won't go anywhere.

  • ...
5
 170
 8,990

The Commander vs Harbinger

"This course of action is inevitably the coolest option available, 'Tavi-Commander," the Geth collective known simply as "Vinyl" stated.

"Vinyl, this is the fate of the universe!" Commander Octavia Shepard growled, hitting the metallic floor under her with her hooves for emphasis. "We can't base its survival on whether it's cool or not!"

"'Tavi-Commander. We have calculated the chances of success with a full armada." Vinyl proceeded to summon several holographic displays which ran for a few seconds before all flashing red. Except for one. "This is the only course of action that does not involve you fighting the Illusive Mare, losing Admiral Sparkle and having only three cool-but-ultimately-unfulfilling endings." Vinyl's single eye flashed. "Incomming communication from Chrysalis Wrex."

Another holographic display appeared. Canterlot was in shambles and behind the imposing figure of Chrysalis Wrex, clad in her deadly red armor, she could see other changelings fighting the reapers. "'Tavi."

Octavia nodded. "Chrysalis."

The looked at each other in a moment silent understanding before the Queen spoke. "We need you to act soon, Tavi. The ground forces are almost done for! The fleets are pretty much lost—" she stopped to bat away a Canibal that had been creeping up to her and slammed down on the creature with both forehooves, splashing the area in blood. "...we need to stop this now."

Octavia sighed and nodded. "I'm doing what I can, Chrysalis."

"Well, do it faster. Chrysalis Wrex out."

The Commander and the Geth looked out towards space. "Remind me," Octavia finally spoke. "Weren't you going to disappear completely when you 'sacrificed' yourself to grant all Geth freedom?"

Vinyl turned to look at her. Her red eye considered the commander before turning back to look at space. "That was the expected result, yes. But our calculations had not considered the rule of cool."

Octavia opened her mouth to say something. Anything. But she simply closed it and glared at the Geth, who 'blinked' innocently. "Fine," Commander Octavia growled. "Let's do this. I only have one of my small weapons though, if this is going to work, you need to find me—"

"I know, 'Tavi-Commander," Vinyl interrupted. "I will procure it for you. For now it is advised that you start with what you have." She turned around and galloped away.

Octavia shook her head and galloped towards the Citadel controls. Opening a channel, she directed it towards Equestria. "HARBINGER!"

As one, all the reapers turned their attention towards her.

Octavia smirked confidently and pulled out the smallest of her weapons, knowing that as their concentration was on her, the reapers might still make a mistake. She glared at the oldest Reaper and pointed her bow towards it. "Ore no uta wo Kike!"

As the last notes died away, Harbinger's tentacle-like appendages (XO Lyra had called them finger-like, but what the hay was a 'finger'?) trembled and suddenly a gigantic cello half the size of him crashed onto Canterlot, toppling a few buildings. "I ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE..."

Octavia gulped. She couldn't fight that with a violin! It was then that she heard the metallic click-clatter of Vinyl running back to her. "'Tavi-Commander," Vinyl called with as much excitement as her robotic voice would produce. "I have brought it to you."

With a sigh of relief Octavia took the cello in her hooves. "Thank you, Vinyl." She leaned in and gave a peck to the side of the geth's head, producing several sparks and causing the geth to shake.

"Y-y-y-y-y-y-you a-a-a-a-are wel... welcome."

Octavia glared at Harbinger. "Bring it on!"

"The survivors of the battle would call it a miracle that anything remained. But for once, the quality of the cello player had—"

KNOCK KNOCK!'

Octavia slammed shut her notebook. "W-what is it?"

"Tavi? It's time to go!" Vinyl shouted from behind the closed door. "Are you writing Mass Effect fan fiction again?"

"O-of course not!" Octavia stammered, quickly hiding the incriminating evidence. "I'm just... uh... tying my bow-tie. Yes. I'll be right out."

"Okay then!"

Octavia sighed and looked down at her figurine of Commander 'Tavi Shepard (as she had named her character in the game.) "I guess we'll finish your adventures later, Commander." She chuckled.

The End