• Published 15th Mar 2013
  • 8,987 Views, 170 Comments

Scraps, Musings & Octavia Writes Fanfics - Wanderer D



Really short shorts that cross my mind and won't go anywhere.

  • ...
5
 170
 8,987

“It can’t be her!”

“But it is! Your own calculations point towards her, and... well, given who she is and her relation to—”

“Don’t you dare say that name.”

“Fine, but she is The One, no matter how much you hate it. She’s already questioning... searching.”

“She’s been instrumental in destroying every single attempt we’ve made into fulfilling our mission! They chained Nightmare Moon again! They trapped Discord with Harmony! They stopped the invasion!”

“...”

“...”

“...And defeated Sombra, right? You were going to mention Sombra, right? He was one of us... and well, you were taking so long to mention him that—”

“Sombra had it coming. What with the ‘ooh, lookit! I’m made of smoke... oooh...’. That was pathetic! Had any of them given some thought to casting a wind spell they wouldn’t even have to use that stupid crystal heart.”

“Whatever. Look, you might be in charge, but you hired me to remind you when you were wasting time. And you’re doing it right now. It’s time. She’s the One. She’s always been. Either you set her (and us) free, or you let your resentment get in the way of our victory.”

“Fine.”

o.0.o

“Ah, finally!” Twilight Sparkle sighed happily when she heard the door close. “With Spike gone to help Rarity I can now enjoy my day reading!” she giggled. “And I have a first edition of the Travels of Credulus Trip!” she let her hoof trace the cover of the book with almost undisguised literary lust. “Yessss...”

Laying down on her bed, tea at the ready, she let her magic open the book and stared at the first page.

Which was blank.

Twilight frowned and flipped through the book, finding all the pages were equally empty. With a frustrated growl she looked at the first page once more, staring accusingly at the lack of words as if somehow, the answer would reveal itself to her.

She almost let the book drop on top of the tea when it did.

You are trapped. Twilight Sparkle.

The words formed clearly on the page, and Twilight’s eyes widened with worry as more words appeared.

You think you know what’s happening... how your world works around you.
But it’s a lie.
Light can be used for many things. From warmth to illusions.
Where does reality begin... and end?

“What-what is this?” Twilight gasped, unable to understand what the words were trying to tell her. “How is this happening?”

Twilight... follow the white rabbit.

Twilight frowned. “Follow the white- what rabbit?!” She looked around her room. “Do you see any rabbits here?!” she asked the book, then, snorting she turned to the window. “Or do you mean out there, because we’re pretty high up and—”

Her gaze followed the trajectory of a white rabbit as it flew past her window, followed shortly by a panicking Fluttershy. “Angel Bunny! Wait!”

Twilight slowly sat down, and looked at the book. The page was full of the first introductory paragraphs of The Travels of Credulus Trip.

“Well, damn.”

THE MARETRIX


Coming to theaters sometime, or maybe never.


Lyra leaned in, whispering into Twilight’s ear and making it twitch. “You know The Question... the Question you’ve always wanted an answer for... the Question that haunts you... tell me. Tell me the question.”

Twilight took a deep breath, knowing that the Question would put in jeopardy everything she had ever known... all her hopes and fears... one question. One, all-important question. “Doctor... WHO?”

“What? No!”


Author's Note:

I’m sorry. It just... came to me and wouldn’t leave me alone. Yeah, I know ‘The Maretrix’ is not an original title idea, but... meh.

~WD