• Published 15th Mar 2013
  • 8,987 Views, 170 Comments

Scraps, Musings & Octavia Writes Fanfics - Wanderer D



Really short shorts that cross my mind and won't go anywhere.

  • ...
5
 170
 8,987

AJ vs the World

"What the hay is this!?" Applejack raged, throwing down the newspaper on to the table. "Big Mac! We've been voted most boring ponies of the year again!"

"Eeeyup."

"Do you know why?!"

"Nnnope."

"Ah can't believe it! Why does Apple Bloom not qualify?"

Just then, Apple Bloom flew past the window, holding on to dear life literally by her teeth to the handle of a glider as Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo chased after her, shouting frantically.

"Ah, just don't get it!" Applejack mourned, shaking her head. "Ah'm a hard worker. Ah do my chores! Buck th' trees! Collect apples!"

"Eeeyup!"

"Why, Ah do everythin' you do, Big Mac, exactly the same things! That ain't borin'!"

"Nnnope."

"And look at this! Rainbow Dash voted craziest mofo ever lived for her stunt creating a tornado tug of war over the Everfree Forest!" she paused. "Okay, that was pretty nuts." She turned the page. "Twilight Sparkle, best magician-turned-alicorn. Princess of the month. Got interviewed by Playcolt maga—"

"Eeeyup!" Big Mac showed her the issue.

"Did Twilight know what they were going to ask her to do?!" Applejack snatched the magazine from her brother's grasp and took a quick look at the interview. "Guess not. Did it anyway. She's turning into another Cadance. Celestia better be proud."

Applejack put down the magazine and looked at the newspaper again. "Pinkie Pie, Eldritch Abomination of the millennia. Fluttershy, ninja pegasus of the year. Caretaker of the year. Most used, contrived plot device to introduce new characters of the year." She blinked. "Do you know what Fluttershy's hindquarters have anythin' to do with introducin' new characters?"

"Nnnnope."

"Rarity, 'Date of the Year'. Designer fantas...ti...k... or somethin' of the year. Big Mac! All of mah friends are being nominated for somethin' or other, and I'm winnin' 'Most Boring Mare' every year!"

"Eeeyup!"

"Look at this! 'There ain't no way Applejack can be of any interest other than possibly as a date to somepony else. She's pretty much little else than a background pony, attempts have been made by giving her such a thick accent she is all but impossible to understand, but it ultimately fails, said Lyra Hearstrings on an interview.' This won't do. Ah need t' be fixin' this, Big Mac!"

"Eeeyup."

"An' Ah have a puffickly unnerstan'able akcent all th' time. Ah have no idea whut these ponies is talkin' about. Ah doesn't haf an accent! Fry mah hide!"

"Nnnope."

Applejack shook her head. "Ah can't talk to the others 'bout this. Ah must fix this... but how?"

o.0.o

"Discord! Ah wan't you to make me...

Discord's eyes widened and he looked at Applejack in horror.

"...interestin'!"

"Oh, thank the cosmos," Discord let out a long breath. "For a moment there, dear Applejack I thought you were going to ask me to 'make you a mare.'"

Applejack blinked. "But ah am a mare."

"Yes, and that seems to be the only thing going for you, doesn't it?" Discord nodded. "I take it you read the news this morning?" He grinned. "I liked winning 'prankster of the year award'." He confessed. "Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie were a bit upset until I converted half the clouds over Ponyville into—"

"Yes, Ah saw," Applejack interrupted.

Discord grumbled for a moment. "Fine. So, you want me to make you interesting, hm? I don't know if that's possible."

"Pleeeease, Discord. Yer th' only one that can do this!"

Discord rolled his eyes. "Well, then, I shall help. It's the friendly thing to do, after all." He looked her up and down. "I'm struggling here. Do you have any ideas?"

"How about making me able to buck trees faster?"

Discord shook his head. "We're trying to make you interesting Applejack, not faster at being boring." He tapped his chin. "Think about it this way: Twilight making a mistake is fun and interesting because she will break the world. You missing a kick to a tree... will be momentarily funny."

Applejack glared. "There ain't nothin' wrong with bein' a hard worker, performin' mah duties to mah family and following the others in adventures."

Discord nodded. "Well, you're right. There's nothing wrong with that... except it's borin'. Boring. You don't change at all Applejack. Princess Twilight might be the most obvious changes in your friends, but all of them have changed in some way, or learned something. Yet, you remain the same. Stubborn as a mule..." he turned around. "No offense!"

"None taken!" The mule replied.

"...and doing the exact same things you always do," Discord elaborated, turning back to Applejack. You are the polar opposite of what a 'Mary Sue' tries to be."

"A bread maker? That sound's like a bread maker."

"Interesting." Discord corrected.

"Aaaah." Applejack frowned. "Hey!"

"Look," Discord sighed. "The author is getting bored just writing you, how about we get this over with?"

"What author?" Applejack shook her head. "Look here, Discord! Ah just want to be the most interesting pony! Make it happen!"

Discord rolled his eyes. "Fine. First we'll cater to the fans." He snapped his fingers. "You are now desperately...madly in love with all your friends. You now own a jeep with a cardboard Twilight Sparkle on the back. You are also a vampire. And have a British accent. And you play the harmonica. And you are secretly a masked wrestler. And your hat channels dead spirits. Now, go, you have many elements to be interesting. Go be interesting."

"That's... very kind of you, Discord. I shall do as you say and prove that I am an interesting, and not boring at all, mare." Applejack stated, waving away a ghost that had materialized around her hat. "If you will excuse me..."

o.0.o One Month Later o.0.o

"Is... Applejack still wrestling the apples from the trees?" Princess Twilight asked.

Discord nodded. "Whenever she's not sucking the sap out of them."

"Discord, we need to talk about at least making her feelings towards us normal," Twilight said. "She's already gotten Pinkie pregnant.

Discord blinked. "But... how?"

"We don't know. We think she did it... over tea."

Discord paused for a moment. "Is it sad that despite everything I'm more intrigued by Pinkie and the baby than what Applejack is going to do about it or how she managed it?"

Twilight shrugged. "Maybe, but we all feel the same way."

o.0.o End o.0.o

Author's Note:

How do I make her interesting!? HOW?!