• Published 15th Mar 2013
  • 8,989 Views, 170 Comments

Scraps, Musings & Octavia Writes Fanfics - Wanderer D



Really short shorts that cross my mind and won't go anywhere.

  • ...
5
 170
 8,989

A Conveniently Forced Plot

"I'm leaving."

Twilight Sparkle stared at Chrysalis in absolute shock. "Wait, what? You can't leave! You were never here to begin with until now! Why are you even here?!"

"I've come for my daughter, of course," Chrysalis shrugged. "She's been feeding off of pony love for a while. I would have stayed with her in Canterlot, but your brother and Cadance kicked us out... I still don't get why the spell didn't affect her, but I'll count my blessings." Chrysalis shuddered. "No, I don't want to imagine what would have happened to her if it had hit."

"As interesting as that exposition is, it still doesn't explain how you suddenly found yourself in my library, or why the first thing you told me when I found you, was that you were leaving," Twilight Sparkle insisted. "And you haven't told me why I shouldn't just get the guards or cast a spell to hold you in place."

"Eh," Queen Chrysalis shrugged once more. "You're not strong enough to hold me against my will, I have done nothing to you and I'm only here looking for my child. You can hardly take an issue with me getting out of Ponyville never to return, can you?"

Twilight growled in exasperation. "Fine, who's your daughter? Let's get this done so I can go back to reading my book."

"Fifty Shades of Clop is hardly good literature, miss Sparkle."

"Shut up, so, who is your daughter?"

"You are, Twilight," Chrysalis said, stepping closer.

"N-no, I'm not! I have a mom, and a dad and a brother I never mentioned until just before he got married!" Twilight snapped.

"Look inside, search your feelings, Twilight, you know it's true... you've always felt... different, disconnected from others. You seem to draw more out of 'friendship' or love, as we call it, than other ponies. So much so that you were able to become the Element of Magic. More powerful than Nightmare Moon herself. Wasn't love what made me strong enough to defeat Celestia, just like any other major villain so far?"

"Discord didn't defeat her!"

"Yes, I remember her being at the front of the resistance against— oh wait, she wasn't."

Twilight growled in frustration, but could not deny the words of the Queen. "I-I do feel stronger with love..." she muttered. "And my past seems dubious at best but... how..."

Chrysalis sighed. "I was pregnant with you when I was jobless and homeless, shortly after giving birth, I cast a spell on you to make you look like a pony and left you in a basket in front of the door of an exceedingly rich and well connected family, who had recently lost their second child in pregnancy. They took you in, and raised you as one of their own, while I watched from the shadows, always observing my dear daughter become the mare she is now."

Twilight's eyes shimmered with unshed tears. "B-but... that must've been so hard for you!"

Chrysalis nodded, a regretful look crossing her face. "It was but now, it's time for you to come back to the Hive, and take your place by my side. You are knowledgeable, smart and completely unappreciated. Unlike certain ponies, I actually can and will give you your due, not to mention that I was really proud of you when you stood up for what you believed."

"M-mom, I—"

"Mom! I'm all packed!" Scootaloo cheered, trotting into the library and bursting—momentarily—into green flames to reveal a miniature changeling. "I already said goodbye to Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom. They say they want to visit the Hive sometime soon!"

Twilight slowly closed her mouth, which had been hanging open. "Wait, so you lied?"

Chrysalis smiled. "Sort of, I still would like you by my side and can turn you into my daughter. Just as Caramel. I promise you won't get the sand-pit treatment."

"Oh! Oh! That would be awesome! I've always wanted a sister!" Scootaloo chimed in, bouncing around Twilight. "Say yes! Say yes!"

Twilight looked from the Queen to Scootaloo, who kept bouncing with big bug eyes centered on her. "Eh, sure, I was getting tired of saving Celestia's butt for no recompense other than a nuzzle. Can't even send me a new Encyclopedia here."

Dear Princess Celestia,

Today I learned that being a bug is more rewarding than a lifetime of servitude studying under you. I formally resign my position as your student, but hope we can remain on amiable terms. I've been adopted by Queen Chrysalis and turned into a changeling. It's very interesting. I would suggest you try it but the sun might crash down onto Equestria and kill us all. I do realize this is rather abrupt and all-too-convenient, but honestly, a nuzzle and a smile are hardly reward enough for risking life and limb for you.

Say hi to Luna for me.

~Princess Sparkle

PS. Since things have been a little calm at Ponyville, I imagine you were stirring something up that would cause us undue stress... like, I dunno, redeeming Discord or something equally dubious. Until I relinquish the Element of Magic, I suggest you wait.

The End

Author's Note:

Better to get this stuff out of my head, right? Anyway... back to more important things....