• Published 8th Feb 2013
  • 2,051 Views, 13 Comments

Waxen Rainbow - BlueDusk



Why has Dashy never mentioned any family? Did something happen?

  • ...
2
 13
 2,051

Departure

Some hours later, Rainbow Dash awoke on the same cloud. She felt refreshed, glad even that she didn't experience another night terror. Rainbow Dash then remembered she made a fool of herself in front of everypony, especially the princesses. She cursed herself and kicked the photo album out of frustration. It tumbled off of the cloud and began to plummet towards the ground. The cerulean pegasus put her talent to work and soared after it, desperate to catch it at all costs. She and the album stopped short of the ground as she wrapped her hoofs around it.

She let out a deep sigh. "I'm sorry, Mom. I should have stayed there. Fought with you. Its all my fault..."

"Now, Rainbow Dash, you did your best." A familiar voice rang from behind her and Rainbow turned sharply. There stood the princess of the night, her mane still flowing with the stars dancing inside.

"Luna...?!" Rainbow Dash yelled. "OhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygoshOhmygosOhmygoshhOhmygosh...."

"I, are am here to help you feel comfort as your little orange filly friend had. What seems to be ailing you?"

"L-luna! Why are you here?"

"We will explain to you what I had to little Scootaloo, as princess of the night it is my duty to protect my subjects' dreams. I have manipulated your mind so you dreamless sleep would allow myself into your dreamscape. Again, what has been ailing you?" The midnight blue princess explained.

Rainbow pawed the ground. "Lately I remembered my family's death...How I had let them down, and all. I should have been twenty percent cooler and followed my siblings back down to our Mom."

"Do you know why you had that dreamless slumber? In your last nightmare you faced your fear head on, trying to make amends with yourself. Not everypony can do that without my intervention. This would be wonderful to weave in your speech for when you are ready to retell it to my sister and myself." Luna looked kind, the stars in her mane sparkling. It gave Rainbow Dash hope to do better.

Rainbow looked up. "Thank you, princess. I've got this now. You and the rest wait on me, I'll be there soon."


Rainbow Dash woke up for real and began flying full speed back to Ponyville. She landed in town square where everypony had been gathered before she had left. They had clearly went back inside, so she called out. It took a while, but finally everypony and the princesses had gathered once more.

"Hey, everypony! I'm going to give my speech now, and this time I'm totally going to stay for it." She smiled at Princess Luna before she began. "How has my loyalty been affected? Well, its been tested a lot. Especially because of something that had happened when I was younger...My family had been killed by a timberwolf. My mother had saved me from it, since I had thrown a rock to get its attention away from my brother. Not smart on my move, really. Anyway, she told me and my brother had flew up to Cloudsdale, but I guess he changed his mind and went back to help her. I didn't. I kept pushing on to find Dad. But by the time I found him, it was too late. Most of my family had been killed by the wolf, and from that day I promised to stay by my friends' sides. That's one of the main reasons I stood up for Fluttershy when those colts were bullying her. I remembered that she wasn't the best flier, unlike me, so when the timberwo- i mean boys attacked I decided to take her place and not re live the misery that I would have felt if I didn't do that. I guess you can say I made a major mistake by not staying with my family, but in a way its good too. I was dumped at flight camp by my dad and earned my cutie mark, as well as helping my friends earn their marks. I've done so many things I wouldn't have been able to do, simply because of that loss. It made me more loyal to the good ponies around me." She took a deep breath and looked at the ponies. They looked uncomfortable being around a pony with a sad speech like that. Princess Luna was the first to start clapping, and then her sister, the other elements and it spread like a plague. Everypony in town was capping for her.

She felt good knowing she faced this head on.


"So high in the clouds, we both do soar

Our love is so fluffy and strong as can be here

the sun kisses us

and wraps us in light

we've found our peace in this land, we've found our peace in this land

But the moon will come and replace the sun

The night will set in and diminish our fu-uh-un

The sun is gone, and the sky is dark

at least we have love to remember the day by."

Rainbow Dash taught this song to her friends and so they would sing it when feeling down or they needed to hear something to make them feel less worried. For the next few days Rainbow Dash spent her time flipping through the album, looking at every single photograph held within its covers. When she finally reached the back cover, she split her energy drink on it. Quickly, and frantically, Rainbow Dash flew down to her bathroom to find a towel. When she found one, she took it back to the attic and started pushing down hard on the corner, where the drink had been spilled. After doing all she could, Rainbow set the towel aside and looked at the damage done. The inside paper of the cover was peeling away, s Rainbow Dash sighed. That wasn't cool of her...or so she thought. Peeking from inside the cover she found a series of papers. It all ranged from the sheet music she and Spectrum had written to a letter placed neatly at the bottom.

To my Spectrum, Ink, and Rainbow,

Why would you lift up the cover page? Well, children, I'm glad you have at least. I don't know why

Rainbow Dash smiled and looked at a picture of her family. "You already have, Mom." She faced her fears head on, and found peace with her deepest troubles. Now she found a wonderful final scrap of her mother to hang onto. The rainbow-maned pegasus took the letter down to Ponyville to get a frame. Something awesome like that didn't deserve to be in a book. It was going next to her bed so she'd see it everyday. Now that would make the day twenty-percent cooler in ten seconds flat.

Author's Note:

Gosh this chapter was so sappy and badddddd ;A; Oh well, I wrote half of this at around 2-3 AM, so I wasn't at my peak of writing. Thank you all for reading, commenting, favoriting, and watching me! It made my day logging on to FIMFiction and having my notifications blown up :P Glob I hope I can keep up with writing. I'll be re-writing another story of mine, so please read and tell me what ya think.

Comments ( 2 )

2132716
Instant diabeetus.

I saw some spelling errors and such but other than that this story was truly touching and awesome.

Login or register to comment