• Published 26th Jan 2013
  • 2,133 Views, 62 Comments

For science, you Monster. - Maverick Huntress



GLaDOS, after being shot through an inter-dimensional portal, winds up as a young filly in a world were science is almost non-existant and magic dominates the land. Watch GLaDOS grow up and hone her powers through intense training and deadly violence

  • ...
6
 62
 2,133

Meeting of the Minds

Time Turner was once again walking through the streets of the quaint little town he had began to call home, though he never had gotten into the habit of calling any place home for long. The streets were devoid of all life, only hinting that there had been activity earlier by the abandoned carts and stands in the city's bazaar. A half-bitten apple rushed by his feet, blown there by the winds which were left unattended by the Weather ponies. The sky was clouded with the black forms of pent-up masses of condensed water in the upper atmosphere threatening to release their payload. He calculated that it would rain within a matter of minutes, which just might be enough to cause a minor flood in this tiny town.

"Strange how nature seems to have lost its will to live, and now everything is tended to by mere equestrians. If they were ever to become anything other then peaceful there might not be a place left on this planet safe from their wrath."

The brown-maned stallion spoke aloud, not worried about getting odd looks since everyone seemed to have vanished from sight. Had he done something wrong? Did he forget to brush his teeth or clean his coat? Time Turner breathed onto his hoof and smelled , it seemed fine and his pelt was a clean as it going to get.

"Odd, I wonder if there's some kind of celebration going today. Certainly seems like they throw a party for just about everything, or maybe that's just Porky pig. I hate not being invited, it's rather rude to throw a celebration and have everyone come excluding a single individual. Maybe they forgot to send my invitation? Well she has been busy as of lately due to business but still, no excuse for forgetting an invite!"

As he wonder about, pondering the reason why everyone had vanished a strange sight made itself viewable to the stray stallion. It rose high into the air, seeming to demand attention to be drawn to the pillar of machinery reaching for the sky and all that followed it. Cables shot out like maddened eels, latching onto every available port as electricity courses through them. Sub-woofers and speakers of every shape and size adorned the ever-growing tower of technology, catching the hidden rays of sunshine and reflecting them like a mirror into his eyes. Or was that just the column of blue light shooting out of the top of the construct?

"Why hello there beautiful, what brilliant genius made y-"

The pillar of light seemed to have pierced the sound barrier, made apparent of the circle of sound blasting away the clouds surround the building along with Time Turner himself who was now sailing through the air at nearly twenty miles an hour. Joining him was just about everything not bolted town or indoors, colliding with the unfortunate Earth pony and leaving some rather painful-looking bruises as his short journey came to an abrupt end when he made first contact with a brick wall. Fortunately, his travels had left him with a decent reaction time and allowed him to dodge the remains of the Apple Family's cart along with its deadly payload of apples among other things. The brown-maned stallion leapt over pieces of twisted metal as fragments of shrapnel wizzed over his head, each one leaving a distinct sound in his ear as they narrowly missed his equine head. He leaped behind a stone wall, seeking cover behind it as the wave continued to wreck havoc on the town and its surroundings. Buildings buckled under its might as they collapsed, sending up a plume of dust and ruble. Trees were uprooted and tossed about like Twilight breezing through books looking for something as a metaphorical Pinky tornado tore through everything else. It took roughly fifteen more minutes for it to subside, and that was after all the aftershocks caused by the sound barrier being broken over twenty times. As Time Turner gave himself a once-over, he saw that several minor nicks had caused patches of his brown coat to darken along side the welts and bruises already adorning his handsome figure. He could only imagine his assistant's reaction when she saw the banged-up self-proclaimed medical pony.

"Oh no, she isn't going to like this at all. Hopefully I can clean myself up a bit before she comes across me, which hopefully won't happen until I get to the bottom of this mysterious sound laser."

Time Turner trotted along the path leading to the towering machine, carefully stepping around the remains of a collapsed EdQ and onto the main road. Thankfully, it was largely clear of any real obstructions and had a lovely time trotting through the street and browsing the items still intact inside the shop windows. When Time Turner had finally reached the origin of the machine, he let out a whistle when he saw the front.

In big, blue neon lights it read "STAR AND VINYL'S SYMPHONY AND SOUND" and beside was a circle of curved triangles. The brown stallion could've sworn that he had recognized the sign from before but couldn't quite recall it as a ringing bell demanded his attention.

"Doctor! Doctor are you alright? I couldn't find you inside and I thought that you had... you know. That you had..."

Time Turner shushed his companion, trying to calm her.

"Don't worry, I'm fine. I swear, it's just a couple of bruis- OW!"

The mail-mare had smacked the Doctor with all her might, a welt making an appearance on the left side of his mouth. He was about to complain when he was suddenly surround by the arms of the weeping pegasus, her tears running onto his neck.

"I though you had died! I thought you had died.... And don't you ever do that to me again! I don't want to lose my Doctor again....."

"I promise Derpy to never, ever leave your side again. Not even for the world."

"Y-you really mean that?" The sniffling and crying subsided, her eyes clearing up at the Doctor's smile.

"Yes, I really mean it. Now, lets go see what's all the fuss about!"

The wall-eyed mare happily flew alongside the Doctor as the entered the shop, a bright light filling his vision as their eyes adopted to the lights. The doors slid close behind them, a little light on the metal panels turning red as they were locked.

"Hello, and welcome to the Symphony of Sound. Feel free to browse around for a while Or if you are here for the free concert please turn right and take the elevator down. Deploying smooth jazz for enjoyment in three... two.... one."

Smiles appeared on the duo's faces, enjoying the music that was now playing. They enjoyed rather quite a bit, with the happy and soothing tone it gave off but was cut short when it began to distort and slow down. Eventually, it stopped playing completely.

"That's depressing."

"I'm sorry, but it appears that someone has been mucking around with the recordings. Don't go anywhere, I'll be right back."

As the second, more feminine voice ceased talking, the Doctor had a confounded look on his face. "I don't like this, not at all. This building shouldn't be here and smooth jazz shouldn't have been played on a speaker system for another few scores or so. Derpy, opinion?"

"Well I think it's nice that they were so thoughtful to play such nice music and so what if all this stuff is a hundred years or so ahead? Stuff happens."

"I know, I know. But not this kind of stuff. Self- closing doors, stereo systems, elevators, and even these panels that compose this place. They're all out of place!"

"Well, if they are surely there's a good reason for Star to introduce this stuff right?"

"Wait, Star? Whose Star?" Time Turner was not liking this, a being who had open access to technology and was not thinking of the unforeseen consequences this could have on the future.

"I'm back, and I've dealt with the Audio Recorder. Lets just he won't be, well, living anymore. Redeploying smooth jazz."

"WHAT? You can't off someone for messing up a recording, that's inhumane!"

"Ironic choice of words, Doctor, considering that the Equestrian language doesn't have such a word. It doesn't help that my scanners detect fragments of homosapian and otherwise foreign DNA."

"W-what does she mean 'foreign'?"

"Oh look, it appears that you're late to the party. And what's the point learning new words that have absolutely no meaning to you in the forty-eight hours left to live anyways?"

"And what is that suppose to mEEEEEAAAAAAN????" The Doctor and Derpy had failed to notice the panels beneath their feet shifting, revealing a pit of.... raving ponies? That lay hundreds of feet below them.

As they plummeted, the roar of music and shouting ponies assulted their eardrums. Thankfully, Depry had thought quickly enough to deploy he wings and snatch up the Doctor, earning a 'Omph' from him and saving five ponies from a rather grizzly fate. They carefully descended down the shaft, dodging stray wires and beams of metal that had not quite gotten with the program. The grey pegasus plopped down the Doctor, after shouting loudly at those below to make room for the brown stallion.

"Excuse me, pardon me, very important stallion coming through. Ah, much better. Now, continue talking about this 'Star' character whose name keeps on popping up here." The Doctor and his lovely assistant had fought their way through the mob of party-going ponies, almost tripping on ponies who themselves were tripping.

"Oh, ummmmm.... Gimme a sec, oh yeah! She's lived here for quite a while, staying cooped up in her cozy house along with her mom Lyra. She se-"

"Hold on, Lyra's her mom? B-but that makes no sense! She has no grasp of technology, or good parenting, and who is the father!?"

"Doctor! You're rambling again."

"Sorry, carry on."

"Anyways, it seems that she's got a knack for music and everything else regarding technology as Vinyl took her under her metaphorical wing after witnessing the awesome power of the 'Aperture Science Sonic desyeep- destreb- destaberizer-"

"Destabilizer?"

"Yeah, a sonic whatever cannon. She built it a few days ago, right before she saved the town from a meteor that would've killed us all. Also, what you saw earlier and felt was the new version of it. It sounded nice but I just think its pretty cool how it creates a blue light, what do you think Doctor?"

"I think I need to pay this 'Star' a visit. Where would we be able to find them?"

"Oh, she's on the main stage right now about to make a big announcement. Hopefully the crowd will have calmed down a bit, it was pretty crazy earlier when everypony in town came in and saw all the drinks and food. Speaking of food, did you know they made THE BEST muffins? They're so delicious its like, well I dunno whats its like since I have nothing to compare it to besides my muffins."

"Everyone in town is here? How is that even possible? It didn't even look like a few hundred ponies back t-ACK"

Time Turner had mistaken a pure-white unicorn for a floor panel, promptly tripping over her and landing in her purple mane.

"Ow, my head. Who would leave- Is, is that Rarity laying on the ground with a bottle of rum in her hoof?"

The muffin-loving pegasus prodded the K.O.'d dress-designer and nodded.

"Just what is going on here?"

Rarity, upon hearing her name, opened her blood-shot eyes and got up, her legs woobily from the booze she had been drinking.. "I'll tell you what happen, the worst possible thing happened! I *hic* just learned that my dress, my works of ART, would be forgotten in the years to come! That none *hic* would even bother to even look at my dresses because they'd gone out of style years ago! Why? Because of time! Without it *hic*, we'd all be ageless and nothing would ever go out of fashion ever because *hic* nothing would ever change! Doesn't help that we'll all be dead in a few days, so who cares! I *hic* certainly don't!" And with that, the fashioner collapsed once more.

"Well, that was..... informative. Now, let's go find 'Star'!"

"But she's right there."

"Where? I don't see her."

"No silly, up there!"

Above the Doctor's head lay a plasma-screen TV, and on it was live feed of the stage. A white mare, who looked like a young filly from his view point, stepped on to the stage.

"Ladies and gentle colts, you just heard 'In the End' by Linkin Park! The hit song is available for three bits and is free with every purchase of twenty bits or more. And now, a short intermission as we prepare as the big reveal!" The crowd roared as she left the stage, dissipating as they left the area in search of something else to keep them occupied.

Holographic ponies, playing electric instruments and actually singing on stage more then a hundred feet underground! This was unbelievable! This was way ahead of time, roughly a few thousand years to be exact. The humans in the 22nd century hadn't quite mastered holograms, much less fully-fleshed ones that can play physical instruments!

"Doctor, Doctor are you okay?" Derpy hooves waved a hoof in front the stupefied stallion, shaking him out of his little trance.

"Who was that on stage just now?"

"The band Linkin Park I think."

"No no no, after them."

"Oh that was Star Gazer, the pony that saved Ponyvillie from the meteor and that's hosting this event."

"That's Star Gazer? But, but she's-"

"So young looking, even for a mare? So, not everypony is a nine-hundred year old timelord with a time-traveling police box and just happens to know everything. I-"

"Mind repeating that last part for me?"

The bickering duo jumped at the female voice, not expecting anyone to have been listening on their conversation. They looked around, trying to find the origin of the question when the Doctor looks down and saw the white mare from before. He had been right, as she was indeed a filly and was limb taller then Scootaloo.

"Why we were just talking about how Time Turner here was o-"

"Going to deliver a box to the police so they know everything about a case that hasn't been cracked yet!" The Doctor lied, and how he hated lying. Felt like he was licking something nasty with his horsey tongue.

However, the filly instantly saw through his blatant lie and made it apparent by circling around the duo.

"So a Doctor and his lovely assistant, who had appearently lost her Doctor before, try to lie to a omnipotent being? Unwise, Doctor, very unwise. And yes, the Audio Recorder is very much dead and not alive. Doesn't matter really as his habits were going to kill eventually if the moon dust didn't."

"What moon dust? Do you mean-"

"Yes, I do."

"And do they-"

"They all-"

"They did-"

"Does that mean that...."

"Indeed it does."

"Does what? What you two bickering about?"

"Oh, that everyone who lives in Ponyvillie is going to die in the next few days."

"WHAT? Doctor, is this true?"

"Yes, I fear it is. Very much so. Mrs. Gazer here was nice enough to throw a massive "Let's do stupid things because we're all ganna die anyways!" party."

"But that's awful! Not the party part, but the "Everyone is ponyvillie is going to die!" part!"

"That is life, Mrs. Hooves. And its surprising how long you Equestrians have last without a major outbreak like this, your immune systems are horrifyingly weak. I mean look at her, the bottle has barely been sipped out of and she's K.O'd like a boxer after particularly nasty match!"

"Good choice of metaphor Doctor, I must commend you."

"Why thank you."

"Don't mention it, and what importance does this.... mentally deficent pegasus serve?

"Oh, Derpy? She's my companion, and a great baker too."

"Ha, Derpy. Doesn't that mean she's retarded? Or is she naturally that dumb looking?"

"Quite you, before I stuff a muffin up your-"

The mail-mare looked ready to pummel the little filly when the Doctor intervened, pushing away the smug-faced unicorn and the grey pegasus. "Ladies, ladies. Please calm down, we've got lives at stake here!"

The muffin-loving pony fell on her rump and crossed her arms, bumping the wall and the TV itself.

"Now, let's get back to business. You said that everyone is town has forty eight hours to live, right?"

"Correct."

"What if I told you that I had a magical, time-traveling contraption that could help us save them?"

"First off, time-traveling has so far only been done by high-level unicorns and even then they've only been go through time forwards of backwards a week. Secondly, to have mechanized it somehow means you are truely not of the world or just happened to stumble upon it. So if you're actually telling the truth and actually have a way to somehow leap into the future, oh lets say... a thousand and thirty years, we might have a chance of saving this pitiful city."

"Wow, you really don't care for these ponies much do you?"

"No, not really but I must trust in you to save those who I care for." GLaDOS looked directly at Time Turner, never breaking the link between them as they spoke.

The Doctor leaned forward, staring deep into the eyes of the brown-maned filly. What he saw terrified him. He saw a psychopath, a monster who has no fear of death, a tortured soul who only wishs to be love, and above all he saw himself in her. A person who would do anything to save their loved ones from certain doom.

"The question is, Doctor, do you trust me?"

A deafening silence was heard, until two words sliced through it like butter.

"I do."

Author's Note:

Woo, Doctor Whooves is in the house! Now no-one can say that this isn't an original idea or predicament to be used in a story thus far! GLaDOS has to team up with The Doctor and his lovely assistant in order to save the town and their loved ones from a deadly poison by traveling to... THE FUTURE! What terrible things lie in store for the trio and what twists will they bring? All this will be answered next, until then... Allons-y!

Comments ( 22 )
Comment posted by PipsqueakThePirate deleted Feb 18th, 2013

i love this story

2137266

Thanks! ^_^ It's nice to get some actual feedback on this story for once.

How is it so far?

I like the story so far. If I may add, in my opinion the beginning of most of the chapters seem to have this weird jump in time, skipping portions of GLaDOS' life in Ponyville. I'm glad this latest chapter informed me that she is still a young filly and not an older teenager due to the uncertain passing of time.
Also, if everypony is down below the shop under Ponyville and there's a big storm about to flood the town. Doesn't that mean the flood waters are going to run into the store and sep down through the panels to where everypony is currently located. Drowning them all before the moon dust can poison them first.
Otherwise I think it's great, and you should keep up the good work.

things are about to get interesting
plus, drunk rarity :raritystarry:

Sorry about the confusion, Scumbag friend uploaded two unfinished chaptors to piss me off.

Lets just say the fires of hell have no fury like mine....:flutterrage:

Um.... May I ask something?

Where did the moon dust come from?...:derpytongue2:

2161841

The meteor, which was from the Moon originally before breaking off when another meteor hit it.

0_0 is the picture a stallion or mare?????

2656628

WAIT GLADOS TURNS INTO A STALLION!?!?

2656659

It's Cave Johnson.

Just read the story.....

2772353

Indeed :moustache:

Let's hope she doesn't grow up any time soon....

This story is weird.:derpytongue2:

Wait.... no more... needs more.... (who needs drugs when you can be addicted to fimfiction?)

5094893 *sponge bob narrator voice* "Ah.... 63 Weeks Later........" :rainbowlaugh:

continue

Plz for the love of mythical beings continue this is soooooooooooo good like omg jfc it's so good in feel like my pants just disintegrated good like ooooooooooo yeah good my point is I have had a splendid time reading this and I would greatly appreciate it's continuation :heart:

Needs more chapters, good story but MORRRRRREEEE1

Login or register to comment